Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
I do know after reading Bee Wilder's website (and I joined her yahoo group for reading...) that we are already well into the game by eating low carb so yay!

She recommends taking it step by step, and the first bunch of steps is eliminating sugar and ALL yeast feeding foods and adding some good fats. (BTW she does not think BUTTER needs to be eliminated)

She does not recommend any probiotics until we have killed off most of the excess.. so at ANY time DO take the Coconut Oil EVERYDAY (5-6TB we should aim for a day) and also things like AVC I think are great too.

She does not recommend adding the antifungals/probiotics until we get our diet and digestion under control (if I am understanding correctly) meaning eliminating the foods that feed candida (most of us are PART way there, a lot of us still have some target foods to eliminate... this is where Tooter and I are right now with the elimination of dairy and in her case some salad dressings etc.) I think this is a good time to be working our way up to 5-6TB of CO a day.

THEN we start the antifungals.. OoO (oil of oregano) AVC, GSE (grapefuit seed extract) Pau d'Arco (actually she says this is fine right off the bat to be taking, Clove Oil, Garlic cloves (and onions are good too) as WELL as our daily CO.

THEN we add the probiotics.. (I have been taking them all along anyway... )

You can read her entire protocol here, but let me tell you that you need to be serious about this and I think we all SHOULD be serious about this.

How to Successfully Overcome Candida

I probably got some things wrong (I do not believe she mentions ACV) but I am realy into my cup of coffee right now LOL
Margot 65 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
I do know after reading Bee Wilder's website (and I joined her yahoo group for reading...) that we are already well into the game by eating low carb so yay!

She recommends taking it step by step, and the first bunch of steps is eliminating sugar and ALL yeast feeding foods and adding some good fats. (BTW she does not think BUTTER needs to be eliminated)

She does not recommend any probiotics until we have killed off most of the excess.. so at ANY time DO take the Coconut Oil EVERYDAY (5-6TB we should aim for a day) and also things like AVC I think are great too.

She does not recommend adding the antifungals/probiotics until we get our diet and digestion under control (if I am understanding correctly) meaning eliminating the foods that feed candida (most of us are PART way there, a lot of us still have some target foods to eliminate... this is where Tooter and I are right now with the elimination of dairy and in her case some salad dressings etc.) I think this is a good time to be working our way up to 5-6TB of CO a day.

THEN we start the antifungals.. OoO (oil of oregano) AVC, GSE (grapefuit seed extract) Pau d'Arco (actually she says this is fine right off the bat to be taking, Clove Oil, Garlic cloves (and onions are good too) as WELL as our daily CO.

THEN we add the probiotics.. (I have been taking them all along anyway... )

You can read her entire protocol here, but let me tell you that you need to be serious about this and I think we all SHOULD be serious about this.

How to Successfully Overcome Candida

I probably got some things wrong (I do not believe she mentions ACV) but I am realy into my cup of coffee right now LOL
This is VERY uesful. I was looking for some type of order to doing things and that's interesting what she said about doing the probiotics once everything else is in check. Thanks Prozak,
emslight is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Prozak - love the new avatar! Your little one reminds me so much of mine.
Thanks ems.. your LO absolutely reminds me of Baby J (she will be ONE on the 25th!!)

And I am also at my lowest weight so far today... eliminating dairy and upping my CO and drinking AVC has made some VERY OBVIOUS changes in my symptoms/die off, the itching is unreal but I am relieved to know it is die-off and not overgrowth :blush:

The zits, the brain fog, the TIE ME UP AND LOCK UP THE CREAM cravings at night.....

I really look like hell right now... I mean like I have the flu but I don't.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Thanks Tooter and thanks also for being concerned about me! I too have been taking co for some time and have now worked up to 2-3 tbsp a day. I have been taking ACV but as I discovered on this thread... not the mother kind... so I'm waiting for my order to come through of this and I can resume the taking it 2-3 x a day I was doing before. What I've not been doing though is cutting out dairy and nuts - not that I consume big amounts of them - I usually have a handful of almonds and a good portion size of cheese in my omelette every morning and cream in my coffee (only one cup a day.) So I think I might cut these out for a few days and see if anything changes.

Know what you mean about the die off though. As I have been increasing my co I have had a terrible blocked nose, headaches and sometimes just get really impatient for no reason. Does this sound like die off to you? That or I'm having some kind of weird nervous breakdown without even realising it.

Anyway, really well done on your 6 pounds. It's good that as the person who got this thread going you can actually say to people, 'and it works...'
Yes, it sounds like some "die off". I really didn't eat a lot of the nuts or cheese either. I truly limited them. How could a small serving size really matter? Guess what? For me...They really DID matter.

Same thing with the salad dressing.

I think that's why we have to go a "Step at a time". Not only to control the die off, but also for our mindset to re-adjust.

I also think we have to pick and choose, and "Glean" from the information we find.

There is not one person or one book that totally has all the answers. Some will say to use certain things...others will say to Not. But, we can still glean from it all.

We have to find out, for ourselves, what really works.

So far...So good with me. It's working.


BTW, I didn't consider butter Dairy!!! I consider it a fat. So, I never got rid of the butter. LMAO Just the cheese, cream and sour cream.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
ems, stress/anxiety and those terrible feelings that go along with them are ALL a sign. Yeast also feeds on cortisol, which is produced when we are stressed.. so perhaps they have a way of making us feel that way to get what they need. Remember they are living cells that are STARVING.

I recommend a really good complex B vitamin for stress, but like lisabina had mentioned make sure it is YEAST/dairy/soy free. New Roots makes a good one.

Also, l-glutamine is a MUST HAVE to repair the gut lining. Remember, that yeast has actually poked teeny holes into our intestinal tract where undigested food particles can enter our blood stream and set off a whole chain reaction of events. Not to mention the fact that our damaged villi is not getting all the nutrients we should be getting from our food to feed our cells.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
why a small serving size DOES matter is because of our damaged intestinal tract.

when I see how my sister can suffer merely by using a knife that had previously be used on a slice of bread..

the leaky guts are literally leeching undigested food into our blood stream and some of those proteins (dairy/gluten) can set off a bad chain reaction of events that do us NO favors.

There is a VERY GOOD CHANCE that these foods that we love but cannot have right now, CAN be added back into our diets without fear of causing issues ever again. As long as we are healed and have our candida under control.

Our bodies are amazing things.... and they have every intention of working properly as long as we feed them the right fuels
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #367
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
ems, stress/anxiety and those terrible feelings that go along with them are ALL a sign. Yeast also feeds on cortisol, which is produced when we are stressed.. so perhaps they have a way of making us feel that way to get what they need. Remember they are living cells that are STARVING.

I recommend a really good complex B vitamin for stress, but like lisabina had mentioned make sure it is YEAST/dairy/soy free. New Roots makes a good one.

Also, l-glutamine is a MUST HAVE to repair the gut lining. Remember, that yeast has actually poked teeny holes into our intestinal tract where undigested food particles can enter our blood stream and set off a whole chain reaction of events. Not to mention the fact that our damaged villi is not getting all the nutrients we should be getting from our food to feed our cells.
l-glutamine is going to be my next step.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #368
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
why a small serving size DOES matter is because of our damaged intestinal tract.

when I see how my sister can suffer merely by using a knife that had previously be used on a slice of bread..

the leaky guts are literally leeching undigested food into our blood stream and some of those proteins (dairy/gluten) can set off a bad chain reaction of events that do us NO favors.

There is a VERY GOOD CHANCE that these foods that we love but cannot have right now, CAN be added back into our diets without fear of causing issues ever again. As long as we are healed and have our candida under control.

Our bodies are amazing things.... and they have every intention of working properly as long as we feed them the right fuels


Good Stuff!!!
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member
 
lazlo0607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: olathe ks
Posts: 86
Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
no havent yet on probiotics. am going to promise. i know i need to. have done a lot of reding on them. my crack dr. has some but quite expensive and as most people with selling things says hers are the best. just not sure on money yet, believe she is wanting almost quite a bit for thirty day supply. so i have put the acv in my cold green tea as well. pretty good i think anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
The cheese isn't an issue with you for Weight gain. But, is it an issue for you with Yeast? That's the question that you have to answer for yourself.

Did you start your probiotics yet?

Just start reading through the thread, do some Google searches if you need to educate yourself on some things. Remember to go SLOW on changes. You don't want major "die off" from yeast. You want to be able to Control the "die off" so you don't feel sick.
lazlo0607 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
BTW, my sister who is 5'6" and weighs 130lbs, cannot even button up her pants within a few hours of ingesting a minuscule amount of gluten.

So, that shows me the power of an unwanted food in any amount.

I read somewhere that a yeast overgrowth can add as much as 5-7 INCHES on to our waistline, it is because our bodies will retain fluid to try to dilute the unwanted toxins.

This explains SO MUCH about how one can gain 3lbs overnight merely by eating a little teeny bit off plan.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #371
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
I have also been reading that we are lacking in Amino Acids and that they can be very helpful.

*chanting to myself* "One step at a time, One step at a time".
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #372
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,079
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
BTW, my sister who is 5'6" and weighs 130lbs, cannot even button up her pants within a few hours of ingesting a minuscule amount of gluten.

So, that shows me the power of an unwanted food in any amount.

I read somewhere that a yeast overgrowth can add as much as 5-7 INCHES on to our waistline, it is because our bodies will retain fluid to try to dilute the unwanted toxins.

This explains SO MUCH about how one can gain 3lbs overnight merely by eating a little teeny bit off plan.

Just had to reply to this. Back in the 80's an ENT I went to for food allergies had me try nystantin as part of a research study. I told him that I would literally see several inches of abdominal bloat go away within just a short period of time (I'm thinking it was well within 30 mins). The protocal (I'm remembering across time here, ) was the swish, but instead of spitting, you then swallowed. I still sometimes actually crave nystantin to this day, and I think it would be a help right now.

But, it was research and short term, plus I then moved. It was, for a short time, as if every foggy thought in my head went away and I could accomplish so much. It's sad I didn't really pick up on all of that AND let the 'regular medical community' preach to me about low fat and no fat diets.

Yikes! Until I went back to low carbing in the early 2000's, (my track record is spotty on that too, but I do much better than I did in the 90's) I was constantly hit by really awful fogginess, massive weight gain, and other ills. It's like I was an entirely different person. One reason I've had the little girl in my avatar (me at about 5) is that I feel much more in touch with the 'real' me she represents than I have during most of my adult life.

OK, long monologue there! LOL!

ANYWAY, I think that the abdominal bloat which is so hard to see as anything other than weight gain is a HUGE red flag that we are in serious need of help with this issue.
__________________
Su
"A friendship that exacts oneness of opinion and conduct is not worth much." (Mohandas Gandhi)
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers." (Socrates)

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)

Last edited by Su11; 09-21-2008 at 09:30 AM..
Su11 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #373
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,079
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
l-glutamine is going to be my next step.
I didn't realize it helped with the leaky gut. I had been using it a few months ago to help deal with night time munchies and it was amazing. I lost my bottle in the big move, so I just started it back today.

I'm very glad to know that about it healing the gut.

I'm going to have to read up on the other amino acids. Is there another one like glutamine that really helps with the yeast/candida/leaky gut issues?
Su11 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #374
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,079
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I totally agree with you about the "lists". If this thread continues like it has been and people begin to realize that Yeast/Candida IS a huge issue with people on this site (Like Fawn said, about 90%) well, maybe we could then get our own "Room" for it and we could have sticky threads with the very information you have talked about. That would be so wonderful and give us that information right at our fingertips. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!

To help you out with some of the questions you have asked...

The Best person on fats is Mary Enig! She has written books and even one on
coconut oil. She also posts at "Weston A Price".

I'm going to give you the addy for Weston A Price. Go into their website and they have a search option. Just type in what you are looking for, and their search engine will bring it up for you.

It's an awesome site just full of wonderful information.

Weston A. Price Foundation

I hope that helped.

Thank you so much for helping me with this. I have a coupon for the bookstore and I wanted to try to get at least one really good book like this to read while I do my post-procedure recovery at home late next week. (I'm having a UFE procedure done which I hope will end my need to take 3 (count 'em!!!) slow release iron tabs a day . While I"m getting one part of me well the only way I know how, I'll be reading up and organizing to do some more small steps on this side of the healthy body world.
Su11 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #375
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,079
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
why a small serving size DOES matter is because of our damaged intestinal tract.

when I see how my sister can suffer merely by using a knife that had previously be used on a slice of bread..

the leaky guts are literally leeching undigested food into our blood stream and some of those proteins (dairy/gluten) can set off a bad chain reaction of events that do us NO favors.

There is a VERY GOOD CHANCE that these foods that we love but cannot have right now, CAN be added back into our diets without fear of causing issues ever again. As long as we are healed and have our candida under control.

Our bodies are amazing things.... and they have every intention of working properly as long as we feed them the right fuels

I'm being a VERY chatty girl today :blush: but I wanted to add in my experience here. Before dealing with some massive food sensitivities that were set off by a chemical exposure incident, I was so hypersensitive to chocolate that I could tell if someone stirred my coffee with the same spoon they used to stir the hot cocoa of my co-workers. It was a bit unreal. I couldn't bake brownies for others because the fume of the chocolate would be too strong to take. And it was much more of a mental issue than anything like a rash, although I would have problems getting my breath. I'd feel as though I was being pulled into a pit. So, when I was constantly eating chocolate pre-diagnosis, I was also incredibly unhappy and pretty non-functional. As a part of my recovery that doctor had me eat just a very specific low allergen baby formula, and I did that for over a month. (No, no weight loss there...baby formula is pretty high cal! ) But as soon as I started a food rotation, I lost massive amounts of weight and after a couple of years could add back even chocolate.

When I'm healthy, I only crave chocolate during the cycle. It is as if it is too powerful a medicine at other times. Weird, but unless I'm having the yeast issues or am expecting my period, I almost can't tolerate chocolate. But I love it. Strange and stranger!

Last edited by Su11; 09-21-2008 at 09:48 AM..
Su11 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member
 
rottinluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 661
Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
I started reading this thread about a week ago. I saw it when it first started, but I didn't think it applied to me, so I ignored it.

When I finally decided to read it, I couldn't believe how relevant it was to me (and probably most of the population!).

I got my weight down to 115.5# for about a minute, and went back up to the same 116-117. I haven't been able to get below 116.5 in several months. Talk about frustrating!

I already eat very clean using only whole foods. I was already using 2 T. ACV, 2 T CO, and a good probiotic daily... so what could be the problem!?

About 5 days ago, I decided to eliminate all nuts and dairy (except for 1 T cream in my tea). I also increased my CO to 3 T daily.

I had a stomach ache the first day, and a headache the next. Now, I'm feeling better, but the best part is that I weighed 115.5 this morning!!!

I cannot tell you all how excited I was! I thought I was stuck forever.

I plan to slowly increase the CO even more and to pick up some L-glutamine. (Thanks, Prozak!)

So, thank you all for your wealth of info, and especially you Tooter, for starting this thread!!
__________________
*Leanne*

Original stats 142/112/115 from 4/01 to 11/03. Lost it in about 6 months, and maintained for over two years.
rottinluv is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Hi Ladies

So much good info here. Will wander down to the health food store tomorrow and get me some L-Glutamine, Prozak. How much should I take and when?

Interesting Tooter that you too weren't having BIG portions of nuts or dairy but it was enough to give you symptoms/stall you. I'm going to be very interested to see what happens when I cut them out.

Su - I was a major chocoholic myself and in my late teens, early 20s I could go through bars and bars of chocolate when I was bulimic. This would be THE binge food for me. Even when I got my bulimia under control it would be chocolate that would do it for me. But check this, I do low carb, I start to tackle the yeast, I take my co and now, I have no sweet tooth whatsoever. I have bought bars of 85% stuff and it just sits there now. I make myself coconut bark and I just don't fancy it. I think ooh maybe I'll have a piece or two but no, I just don't even like sweet things anymore. When I first joined this site I used to read people say this and I just couldn't believe it could one day be me but it is. So you see, I know that yeast/sugar/carbs was such a major factor in my prolonged bulimia. Even when I wasn't the frightened insecure 18 year old anymore but a young woman in a stable relationship, stopping the physical addiction to the bingeing was a massive challenge. I wish then I'd known about lc/ways of fighting candida as it would have been a much easier battle to overcome than it was.
emslight is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
I believe 500mg 3x/day is a god start

Some take as much as 4,000 if they are very ill, some stick around 2,000mg daily.

again, look for yeast, dairy, soy etc free
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
I believe 500mg 3x/day is a god start

Some take as much as 4,000 if they are very ill, some stick around 2,000mg daily.

again, look for yeast, dairy, soy etc free
Will do. Your wee one is only a few months older than mine! Mine is 1 in January and her big sister is 3 in December. It's going so quickly and I'll be back at work in a few months. Boo.
emslight is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!
 
Debrat3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WA. state
Posts: 1,394
Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I have a couple questions. First does anyone have the problem when they eat it fills like your food sits heavy on your stomach? Its kinda hard to explain. Its like this heaviness in my stomach, i need to burp but can't? Does this have any link to yeast?

Also is Barlean's extra virgin co a good one?

This is all so overwhelming but if this is a reason why I can't lose weight easily I am willing to see where this takes me.
Debrat3 is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #381
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,018
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I have also been reading that we are lacking in Amino Acids and that they can be very helpful.

*chanting to myself* "One step at a time, One step at a time".
You've been reading "The Diet Cure"!
lisabinil is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #382
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16,050
Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
You've been reading "The Diet Cure"!
that she has! huh Lisa?

Debra.....you might need digestive enzymes. How is indigestion? I know you said burpy but do you feel heartburn most times once you've eaten? I take pancreatin 10X as a supplement. As we get older, certain systems decrease and with all the pancreatic disease out there as well as the soil conditions not providing enough enzymatic activity in the foods we consume, it's a good idea. The ACV will help as well. Try a couple of tsp. with each of your meals.


You know girls and boys, this thread is just awesome. AND all of the talk of bloat, imagine those out there who actually have yeast and bloat every time they try to move up the ladder....I know Prozak you discovered this yourself.

Everyone could use a good yeastie beastie cleanse.
fawn is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 743
Gallery: SLynnB
So true, Fawn.

How much do you know about aloe vera and digestion and yeast. From what I've been reading it is beneficial, but then all of the information I find comes from sites that are trying to sell it.

Thanks, Sheryl
SLynnB is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #384
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottinluv View Post
I started reading this thread about a week ago. I saw it when it first started, but I didn't think it applied to me, so I ignored it.

When I finally decided to read it, I couldn't believe how relevant it was to me (and probably most of the population!).

I got my weight down to 115.5# for about a minute, and went back up to the same 116-117. I haven't been able to get below 116.5 in several months. Talk about frustrating!

I already eat very clean using only whole foods. I was already using 2 T. ACV, 2 T CO, and a good probiotic daily... so what could be the problem!?

About 5 days ago, I decided to eliminate all nuts and dairy (except for 1 T cream in my tea). I also increased my CO to 3 T daily.

I had a stomach ache the first day, and a headache the next. Now, I'm feeling better, but the best part is that I weighed 115.5 this morning!!!

I cannot tell you all how excited I was! I thought I was stuck forever.

I plan to slowly increase the CO even more and to pick up some L-glutamine. (Thanks, Prozak!)

So, thank you all for your wealth of info, and especially you Tooter, for starting this thread!!


That's Awesome!!
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #385
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
You've been reading "The Diet Cure"!
Thanks to you, YES!!! I have only had time to skim it...but MAN...A lot to glean from there.

You know the biggest thing that shocked me?

I always wondered why "I" did so well with coconut oil. After all, I am Scotch/Irish and they don't eat coconut oil there. She talked about that and WHY we (Scotch/Irish) do so well with it is because we ate a lot of Fatty fish from fishing.

Then came the introduction of potatoes To Ireland, Then the way they ate completely changed....Then came in yeast problems And thus ADDICTION to alcohol and other other things. I about crapped my pants when I read that.
It was like a revelation of my family!!

I have only had time to skim the book (My kids have been in and out of here the last few days) and I can't wait to actually sit down and absorb it. Of coarse, it's going to be one of those books that I will need to read through once, and then go back and read again and again.

Thanks, Lisa!

Last edited by Tooter; 09-21-2008 at 07:25 PM..
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #386
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
that she has! huh Lisa?

Debra.....you might need digestive enzymes. How is indigestion? I know you said burpy but do you feel heartburn most times once you've eaten? I take pancreatin 10X as a supplement. As we get older, certain systems decrease and with all the pancreatic disease out there as well as the soil conditions not providing enough enzymatic activity in the foods we consume, it's a good idea. The ACV will help as well. Try a couple of tsp. with each of your meals.


You know girls and boys, this thread is just awesome. AND all of the talk of bloat, imagine those out there who actually have yeast and bloat every time they try to move up the ladder....I know Prozak you discovered this yourself.

Everyone could use a good yeastie beastie cleanse.

This IS an Awesome Thread. I'm just sorry more people don't get to read it because it's not in the Main lobby.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #387
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,018
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
I love to reread this book-I can relate to a lot of the info. I am wondering if this must be why when so many of us add fatty fish into our WOE we can drop weight more easily-I think a lot of folks have a touch of Irish in them.
lisabinil is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #388
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I love to reread this book-I can relate to a lot of the info. I am wondering if this must be why when so many of us add fatty fish into our WOE we can drop weight more easily-I think a lot of folks have a touch of Irish in them.
Well, it just "clicked" with me when I read that. Also, I had read other places where they wondered if the Different healthy oils would work on some people better then others, depending on where they were descended from (How their ancestors ate).

I kept thinking...I don't know how THAT theory works, I'm Scotch/Irish and do fantastic on Coconut oil. How many coconuts do they have THERE!!

Now, I understand that my ancestors ate ALOT (Mainly) Fatty fish. And I do tend to LOVE Nova!! lol (The Scottish) in me.

But all we tend to hear about from those 2 groups are potatoes and organ meat.

Anyways, It makes sense on WHY I do so well on high fat. I also will be eating More fatty Fish (I have gotten slack in that lately).

Truly, it was interesting and a revelation.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Kris T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I've been everywhere, man
Posts: 3,114
Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
I have to get that book!

I'm Danish. My relatives live on fish (and eel)
Kris T. is offline  
Old 09-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Kris T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I've been everywhere, man
Posts: 3,114
Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Quote:
I got my weight down to 115.5# for about a minute, and went back up to the same 116-117. I haven't been able to get below 116.5 in several months. Talk about frustrating!

I already eat very clean using only whole foods. I was already using 2 T. ACV, 2 T CO, and a good probiotic daily... so what could be the problem!?

About 5 days ago, I decided to eliminate all nuts and dairy (except for 1 T cream in my tea). I also increased my CO to 3 T daily.

I had a stomach ache the first day, and a headache the next. Now, I'm feeling better, but the best part is that I weighed 115.5 this morning!!!
Your experience is identical to mine. I'm back down to 113 after battling some severe crankiness and headache. I know giving up nuts and dairy has to be the reason, as I've changed nothing else. I even gave up regular cream in my coffee. I put a challenge thread in place so I could post a bunch of recipes as I try them. I figure I have to eat, it just will take some time to get used to this new way of doing so.
Kris T. is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.