Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Well, considering that the cream was the ONLY thing I was consuming that the yeast would consider a food.. I would say if you are trying to get rid of an overgrowth you should eliminate it for now.

I eat so low in carbs and do not eat nuts or cheese.. so there was no other route for me.

I do not recommend soy in any form... but using coconut milk seems do do the trick for me (I WAS using 4TB of cream in my egg cream....)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
Subscribing to learn more...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Prozak, thanks for the info!

Ok, I had to run to the store, and I decided to just LOOK in the Asian section we have. I live in a small town and we "tend" to not have anything I need.

I found "A Taste of Thai" brand Coconut milk. "Unsweetened/First Pressing".

I figured this was the one and bought a couple of cans.

Having it in a cup of coffee now, with my Xylitol plus.

I like it!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Nkechi View Post
Subscribing to learn more...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rockgal
Got my probiotics from netrition in the mail yesterday, and started taking them this morning - I just hope the non-refrigerated trip to my house didn't kill off the little suckers! Got some capricylic acid on the way too and going to look for coconut milk in the stores today.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
I am looking for the coconut milk also...no more soy, or almond breeze..
Old 09-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Was doing a lot of searching and reading last night. Came across references to San Pharma (believe I have that right). A German company with a cure for yeast. Their products are Isopathic.

Anyone else read anything about them or have tried their products, etc.?

There are so many products out there that are supposed to cure this (albeit very expensive, at least to our non-existant budget).

Also, is Aloe Vera juice beneficial to getting rid of yeast?

Just full of questions this morning while I drink my ACV.

Sheryl
Old 09-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I got my probiotics and CO in the mail yesterday. Can someone tell me how many probiotics I should take starting out? Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Prozak check your B vitamins-look what I found out.
Don not use B–complex vitamins and selenium products, unless labeled “yeast–free”

Also be careful with Almond Breeze-it is a processed nut milk.
My centrum vitamins with extra B (performance) has yeast in it. I knew there was an issue when I stopped taking it and the thrush went a way, then I tried 1 tablet yesterday and the thrush came back. I made it to the health food store and picked up sugar free, yeast free, wheat free vitamins for active women. I also got more probiotics and the grapefruit seed pills.

I hope this goes away soon... I hate having my mouth and throat hurt.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
My centrum vitamins with extra B (performance) has yeast in it. I knew there was an issue when I stopped taking it and the thrush went a way, then I tried 1 tablet yesterday and the thrush came back. I made it to the health food store and picked up sugar free, yeast free, wheat free vitamins for active women. I also got more probiotics and the grapefruit seed pills.

I hope this goes away soon... I hate having my mouth and throat hurt.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #341

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
I got my probiotics and CO in the mail yesterday. Can someone tell me how many probiotics I should take starting out? Thanks

Follow your brands directions-each one is different.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 194/182.7/140ish
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Sept 2008
I looked for coconut oil at the supermarekt last night but couldn't find any Is is usually kept near the other types of oils? (I'm in NZ btw, but figure all supermarekts would be pretty much the same )
Old 09-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #343

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Here quite often we have to find the virgin type at a health food store or sometimes in an organic section of a grocery. It might be easier depending on your local markets to order it online.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
I get the Garden of Life CO and it is really good. Actually got in quite a while ago before i knew it could/would be so helpful. Health store by me, is where i found it. CO is actually popping up in several places now, but I don't know how they taste...saw it at WalMart too.
Take as directed, except my experience has been to start out very slowly. A year ago, I just took the 3-4 T a day, without working up to it and got really, really sick. Restarted now, and I am doing 1/2 T, 3 times/day and will gradually increase so I don't ever get sick like that again. YUK
Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Was doing a lot of searching and reading last night. Came across references to San Pharma (believe I have that right). A German company with a cure for yeast. Their products are Isopathic.

Anyone else read anything about them or have tried their products, etc.?

There are so many products out there that are supposed to cure this (albeit very expensive, at least to our non-existant budget).

Also, is Aloe Vera juice beneficial to getting rid of yeast?

Just full of questions this morning while I drink my ACV.

Sheryl
Sherlynn9, I don't know much about them. We will have to do a search on Aloe Vera and find out.

I also agree with you on your other post, about people feeling SOOOOOOOO BAD when they start induction. I think it's yeast connected too.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:03 AM   #346

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I'm trying to search old posts and come up with a list of ought to read books.

Can someone help me out here and post the ones you've found most helpful on this topic? Also, Tooter or anyone, what is the book(s) everyone posts about in the coconut oil threads about good fats and diets??? (a bit of a threadjack here, sorry)

I think we have so much GREAT information on these threads, but it can be nearly impossible to reduce them to a shopping list sometimes!

<=====

I love the 'symptom' list here because it is such a good summary. I'd love it if we had a 'resources' list or a 'things to consume' and a 'supplements' list as well. I'm such a list person! @Su

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 09-21-2008, 06:10 AM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
I'm trying to search old posts and come up with a list of ought to read books.

Can someone help me out here and post the ones you've found most helpful on this topic? Also, Tooter or anyone, what is the book(s) everyone posts about in the coconut oil threads about good fats and diets??? (a bit of a threadjack here, sorry)

I think we have so much GREAT information on these threads, but it can be nearly impossible to reduce them to a shopping list sometimes!

<=====

I love the 'symptom' list here because it is such a good summary. I'd love it if we had a 'resources' list or a 'things to consume' and a 'supplements' list as well. I'm such a list person! @Su

I totally agree with you about the "lists". If this thread continues like it has been and people begin to realize that Yeast/Candida IS a huge issue with people on this site (Like Fawn said, about 90%) well, maybe we could then get our own "Room" for it and we could have sticky threads with the very information you have talked about. That would be so wonderful and give us that information right at our fingertips. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!

To help you out with some of the questions you have asked...

The Best person on fats is Mary Enig! She has written books and even one on
coconut oil. She also posts at "Weston A Price".

I'm going to give you the addy for Weston A Price. Go into their website and they have a search option. Just type in what you are looking for, and their search engine will bring it up for you.

It's an awesome site just full of wonderful information.

Weston A. Price Foundation

I hope that helped.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #348

Here, this page will help you, it gives you a list of "Good Fats" and then links to articles.

WAPF: Know Your Fats

The following nutrient-rich traditional fats have nourished healthy population groups for thousands of years:

* Butter
* Beef and lamb tallow
* Lard
* Chicken, goose and duck fat
* Coconut, palm and sesame oils
* Cold pressed olive oil
* Cold pressed flax oil
* Marine oils

The following new-fangled fats can cause cancer, heart disease, immune system dysfunction, sterility, learning disabilities, growth problems and osteoporosis:

* All hydrogenated oils
* Soy, corn and safflower oils
* Cottonseed oil
* Canola oil
* All fats heated to very high temperatures in processing and frying
Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissisticFairy View Post
I looked for coconut oil at the supermarekt last night but couldn't find any Is is usually kept near the other types of oils? (I'm in NZ btw, but figure all supermarekts would be pretty much the same )
It should be Virgin Coconut oil. It will have a slight smell and taste of coconuts.
Above 76 degrees, it will be a liquid. Under that, it will be a solid (Naturally). It should be in a Jar.

You can find it (in the US) at health food stores or in large supermarkets that have an "Organic" section.

I did a quick search of "New Zealand" and they have companies that make their own Virgin coconut oil there. I can't post the sites, because they sell them off the sites and that goes against the TOS of this site.

Just do a search on your own.

I hope that helped.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:05 AM   #350

Has anyone lost weight yet?

I have. I had been really struggling the last few months. I would be strict, but I wouldn't lose weight. In fact, I had gained and couldn't understand WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know if my body had switched on me (I'm 46) or what. Nothing I seemed to do would get me back. I couldn't understand it. UNTIL, I started this thread and we all started talking. It "Clicked" that it was the yeast for me.

It all started when I tried to add grains back....I stopped the grains, but continued to battle the weight gain.

Went from 128 to 140!!!!!!!!!

This morning I am 134. Just 6 lbs away from my goal (where I had been for a couple of years).

That's 6 lbs since we started this thread.

Yeah, I think there is something to it.

As I said, I had been at goal for years, it was after trying to bring the grains in (That everyone told me I should be doing) that the nightmare started and it didn't stop, even though I no longer was trying to introduce them. And, I was feeding the yeast with Nuts and cheese.

I'm thinking it's because I wasn't feeding the yeast (for years) but I also didn't do anything (other then yogurt) to try and re-introduce the good bacteria. I think that's why I was having so much problems, even though I was being strict. Those grains, fed them for a little bit, and then things went OUT OF CONTROL.

I have my fingers "Crossed" for everyone else.

At least for me, this is TOTALLY making sense!!!

Last edited by Tooter; 09-21-2008 at 07:08 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Well done Tooter, that's an amazing achievement!

I have found this thread and your links immensely valuable, thank you.

What would you say are the key changes you've made that have boosted your weight loss. Is it co/acv and cutting out dairy and nuts?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Prozak - love the new avatar! Your little one reminds me so much of mine.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Well done Tooter, that's an amazing achievement!

I have found this thread and your links immensely valuable, thank you.

What would you say are the key changes you've made that have boosted your weight loss. Is it co/acv and cutting out dairy and nuts?
Being consistent with the ACV and Coconut oil (but that wasn't enough)

Getting rid of the Dairy and nuts.

Taking probiotics......

And here is what I "THINK" is the biggy.

Getting rid of the bottled salad dressing! There is this salad dressing that I love Called "Gazebo Room Greek Dressing". I just wouldn't get rid of the stuff because I loved the taste of it. It had a little olive oil, but was mainly "soy oil" (Like the rest of bottled dressings are). I justified it, that I ate good fats every where else in my diet. I was kidding myself.

I switched to plain Olive oil and apple cider vinegar for my salads.

As Soon as I did All of those things, it just "Clicked" with my body.

The weight loss Started, when I was doing all of those things combined.

It's actually been about 1 lb a day (I wasn't doing all of those at the start of this thread).

So, in the last Week, is when the weight loss started.

Which, I am not far from goal and was surprised at how fast the weight loss was.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
well very interesting

have been craving sweets ever sinced i switched my diet. i stay away from all breads but i do eat low carb tortillas and a product called flatout. can sourdough be an option. i eat alot of fruit, yogurt(organic lowfat vanilla), organic lowfat cottage cheese(which is awesome) took a minute to get used to the thickness. less water than most. although now dont like anyother way. fresh evrything,veggies, alot of pork, chicken,pineapple brouts(to die for),tuna(white albacore). i do eat organic corn chips should i switch to something else? i also eat humus once a week. the craving sweets and yeast thing is very interesting. gonna start making almond milk and was also wondering on hemp milk how thats made. have had a hard time finding thicknthin. any help? high recommend the vco. personally i use 4 to five tbls a day. 2 tbls in my tea twice a day. awesome stuff. thx auntie(tooter)

IF YOU DONT KNOW ASK
[/COLOR]
Old 09-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Wow. A Pound a day. I want some of that pls! Very well done to you indeed.

So talk me through...

How many tbsp of co and acv and when during the day? How many probiotics and when?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
def have to do the salad dressing deal started eatting fresh spinach and roman every other day almost. i do eat deli cheese mainly
swiss, provo, white chedder, white american, sharp cheddder, colby,and mozzerella. what you think? need to go back to this lcf web site everyday like i used too its a must provides so many answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Being consistent with the ACV and Coconut oil (but that wasn't enough)

Getting rid of the Dairy and nuts.

Taking probiotics......

And here is what I "THINK" is the biggy.

Getting rid of the bottled salad dressing! There is this salad dressing that I love Called "Gazebo Room Greek Dressing". I just wouldn't get rid of the stuff because I loved the taste of it. It had a little olive oil, but was mainly "soy oil" (Like the rest of bottled dressings are). I justified it, that I ate good fats every where else in my diet. I was kidding myself.

I switched to plain Olive oil and apple cider vinegar for my salads.

As Soon as I did All of those things, it just "Clicked" with my body.

The weight loss Started, when I was doing all of those things combined.

It's actually been about 1 lb a day (I wasn't doing all of those at the start of this thread).

So, in the last Week, is when the weight loss started.

Which, I am not far from goal and was surprised at how fast the weight loss was.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Wow. A Pound a day. I want some of that pls! Very well done to you indeed.

So talk me through...

How many tbsp of co and acv and when during the day? How many probiotics and when?
Please do NOT follow me in where I am at right now. Remember my advice in going SLOW. You want to control your "Die off", otherwise, you could really feel sick.

It doesn't matter what "I" am doing. It matters, where you are and what you have worked your way up too.

You have to go SLOW!!!! Remember, I was doing some of these things before we started this thread.

Also, each of us are different. I might need More of something (or less) then other people need.

Having said that....

I take coconut oil in my coffee and in my hot tea. (3 to 4 Tbs a day...sometimes more...sometimes less)

I'll drink ACV with Stevia in water...At least 3 times a day (sometimes more).

ACV and Oil on all my salads.

Probiotics twice a day.

Plain Fage Yogurt, once a day.

I'll drink plain water the rest of the times that I am thirsty.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlo0607 View Post
def have to do the salad dressing deal started eatting fresh spinach and roman every other day almost. i do eat deli cheese mainly
swiss, provo, white chedder, white american, sharp cheddder, colby,and mozzerella. what you think? need to go back to this lcf web site everyday like i used too its a must provides so many answers
The cheese isn't an issue with you for Weight gain. But, is it an issue for you with Yeast? That's the question that you have to answer for yourself.

Did you start your probiotics yet?

Just start reading through the thread, do some Google searches if you need to educate yourself on some things. Remember to go SLOW on changes. You don't want major "die off" from yeast. You want to be able to Control the "die off" so you don't feel sick.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #359

BTW, everyone...Lazlo is my Nephew!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Please do NOT follow me in where I am at right now. Remember my advice in going SLOW. You want to control your "Die off", otherwise, you could really feel sick.

It doesn't matter what "I" am doing. It matters, where you are and what you have worked your way up too.

You have to go SLOW!!!! Remember, I was doing some of these things before we started this thread.

Also, each of us are different. I might need More of something (or less) then other people need.

Having said that....

I take coconut oil in my coffee and in my hot tea. (3 to 4 Tbs a day...sometimes more...sometimes less)

I'll drink ACV with Stevia in water...At least 3 times a day (sometimes more).

ACV and Oil on all my salads.

Probiotics twice a day.

Plain Fage Yogurt, once a day.

I'll drink plain water the rest of the times that I am thirsty.
Thanks Tooter and thanks also for being concerned about me! I too have been taking co for some time and have now worked up to 2-3 tbsp a day. I have been taking ACV but as I discovered on this thread... not the mother kind... so I'm waiting for my order to come through of this and I can resume the taking it 2-3 x a day I was doing before. What I've not been doing though is cutting out dairy and nuts - not that I consume big amounts of them - I usually have a handful of almonds and a good portion size of cheese in my omelette every morning and cream in my coffee (only one cup a day.) So I think I might cut these out for a few days and see if anything changes.

Know what you mean about the die off though. As I have been increasing my co I have had a terrible blocked nose, headaches and sometimes just get really impatient for no reason. Does this sound like die off to you? That or I'm having some kind of weird nervous breakdown without even realising it.

Anyway, really well done on your 6 pounds. It's good that as the person who got this thread going you can actually say to people, 'and it works...'
Closed Thread