Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FatBack
Stats: 304/255/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/18/2008
hi ladies! wow, what a load of information!! i have a question. kinda nasty though..... but when i look in the toilet after urinating, there is a white liquid that separates from the urine. it's very visible. do you guys think it's yeast?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
they moved us??????????
Yep.

I thought we would be moved, but I didn't expect to here. lol
Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBack View Post
hi ladies! wow, what a load of information!! i have a question. kinda nasty though..... but when i look in the toilet after urinating, there is a white liquid that separates from the urine. it's very visible. do you guys think it's yeast?
Sounds like a Vaginal Discharge. Do you have any other symptoms of a yeast infection? Any itching?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #274

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Tooter,

I have used the oil of oregano to treat yeast. I have both the capsules and the liquid. I bought the liquid and it doesn't taste great so I had to get the capsules for the kiddies. My son will take some as he starts to come down with a cold. Me and DH take the liquid in water just to get rid of it (we have 2 bottles!) and boy it sure doesn't taste good at all! Therefore get the capsules!!!

My supplement regime to treat yeast after my 4th and final c-section 2 and 1/2 years ago---4 TBL coconut oil daily; oil of oregano drops 2 times a day; Healthy Trinity probiotics--2 capsules a day; plain yogurt every day for lunch; multi vitamin as usual; psyllium fiber at nighttime. That is about what I can remember.....I had a rough time after Kyle was born. Talk about Post pardem depression. I had it bad.

If you are doing this long-term it is suggested that you rotate through your anti-fungals. You may try doing a bottle of the oil of oregano and when that is done get a bottle of olive leaf extract. That way the yeast cannot get used to the anti-fungal you choose. That is not to say give up coconut oil--just rotate through the different herbs.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #275

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
They moved me as I was posting!! I started out in the ML and now am here. Kinda weird.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FatBack
Stats: 304/255/175
Start Date: 03/18/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Sounds like a Vaginal Discharge. Do you have any other symptoms of a yeast infection? Any itching?
none at all! thing is, i went off of atkins for 2 weeks. of course, i ate everything under the sun! i've been back on atkins for about a week and a half now. taking my co, acv etc....and now i'm noticing this in my urine! wastnt here before! dont think its an infection as i haven't been active in a looong time!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Yes, Women's Forum, really isn't the place as not too many men will check it out and they definitely get yeast infections (think we've finally explained all of hubbies rashes and itching). My son had one last Christmas at the corners of his mouth (what he found online related to saliva and he'd just had some dental work done). My Nystatin cream cleared it up. He's the next person to get on board with the ACV, especially since he had a short predisone course last spring to deal with an allergic reaction to penicillin. (Neither her nor there but the poor kid has had a bad 12 months medically, starting with chicken pox at 27 and ending with bruised ribs almost 12 months later with a sinus infection, step throat, and allergic reaction to penicillin thrown in between.)

I really expected this thread to end up in the Health Issues forum. Maybe the admins need to be asked to move it there.

Sheryl
Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
Quote:
I don't think anyone answered your question. I'm sorry.

The answer is yes.

----------

Die Off Symptoms

Die off symptoms can consist of almost anything, but the most common scenario is that you will have an exaggeration of whatever type of symptoms it is that you already experience. You may experience physical and/or psychological symptoms. Here are some of the most common symptoms of die off:

- brain fog
- poor concentration
- tightness in the chest
- HEART PALPITATIONS
- fatigue
- muscle and joint pain
- headaches
- sore throat
- anxiety
- depression
- irritability
- crankiness
- diarrhea
- sinusitis
- itching
- constipation
- gas and/or other gastrointestinal distress
- nausea
- intense cravings for sweets and carbohydrates
- cravings for alcohol
- you may even feel like you're drunk, because the yeast puts off alcohol.
I can tick several of those. I use to have the odd palpitation about once or twice a year but since going on Atkins, they really increased about 3 months into the new WOE. I'm hoping they will go away the longer I stay on this WOE and get things under control (all medical tests have been fine). I do think upping my supplements, decreasing sweeteners and beginning ACV is going to help in the long term.

Thanks Tooter for answering
Old 09-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Quote:
but when i look in the toilet after urinating, there is a white liquid that separates from the urine. it's very visible. do you guys think it's yeast?
This may also be plain old cervical mucus. Depending on the time of the month it will change. Around ovulation it thins out, almost an egg-white appearance, and is not water-soluable.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #280

Gallery: Ilpirata
TOTALLY failed the test this morning. I'm waiting for my ACV and probiotics to come in the mail but am upping my CO starting today and also no more cheese or nuts. Sadly that means throwing out the cream cheese muffins I recently made... AND the CO candy cuz I put peanut butter in it. oh well.

I have a question though, HOW does the yeast contribute to slow weight loss and/or stalls. Like, by what mechanism does the yeast make it harder to lose weight? I can't even think of a possible explaination.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #281

Gallery: Ilpirata
Answered my own question!

Found some GREAT info on yeast and weight loss (or lack thereof)... this makes me even MORE excited to make this change. OMG. What if THIS is why my weight loss has been SO SLOW!?!?!

http://http://drhotzeblog.netymology...ht-connection/

http://http://www.marilynglenville.com/dieting.htm

Upon this further reading I guess I'm going to TRY to switch to Stevia too. ugh.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #282

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
This is a great thread, but I've also been very sad reading it. I realize now that my mom probably had this to an extreme degree, but it was never recognized, just nystatin for thrush in her last year.

We went years thinking it was wheat, which she began to avoid religiously, then corn, and so forth. We didn't cut sugar, although she didn't eat much at all, but I never encouraged her to because she was so very thin and was already eating so little. She also ate quite a bit of cheese. Her saving practice was probably the yogurt, as she ate more than most folks would dream of eating.

But her legs would actually start to bleed from the psoriasis(sp) if she ate any wheat or corn.

She did eat nuts, mostly pecans which she slow roasted in the oven... I wonder if that killed off most of the mold?... but she even quit that in her later years due to all the problems with digestion (she also had a hidden cancer that was outside of her intestine, so that and the surgery were a part of the problem there too)

But oh, so many things here are EXACTLY what she dealt with. That list is almost item for item.

I'm struggling with turning myself over to this. I like the idea of the vinegar, I love yogurt, I'm down with the probiotics, but to give up nuts is very hard. I don't have a lot of foods I really eat for snacks and those are so easy to keep at work. Is there any way to decontaminate them? I'm serious!

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences. Maybe I can live my life with just a bit more comfort than Mom did.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Su - welcome and sorry for your loss...sometimes life is a real learning experience, and your mothers life with her food problems seem to echo in many of our lives. I know what you mean about snacks - don't know the answer for that - sorry, but would love to know! When I went for my food allergy tests they even said I could not have yogurt, so my food list seems to be growing smaller everyday. I cannot have milk products, so I drink Almond Breeze, no wheat, rye, gluten, yeast, honey, cane sugar, etc. the list goes on. I found that out several months ago, I realized I really had to go on Atkins as it seems like that is what is left and i do feel good eating that way. I wish I would have known this a long time ago also. I am going to be 60 in November, widowed 15 years ago, raising kids alone, one with cerebral palsy, foster mom to several and mentor to 4 kids...full of stress and gained 80 pounds since my husband died. I don't know if it's all due to stressful eating or the candida appeared somewhere along the line...wish I knew..but I tested positive for it.

I love reading what everyone saying about their experiences - the support and wealth of information is tremendous. Everyone have a great night!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
Su - welcome and sorry for your loss...sometimes life is a real learning experience, and your mothers life with her food problems seem to echo in many of our lives. I know what you mean about snacks - don't know the answer for that - sorry, but would love to know! When I went for my food allergy tests they even said I could not have yogurt, so my food list seems to be growing smaller everyday. I cannot have milk products, so I drink Almond Breeze, no wheat, rye, gluten, yeast, honey, cane sugar, etc. the list goes on. I found that out several months ago, I realized I really had to go on Atkins as it seems like that is what is left and i do feel good eating that way. I wish I would have known this a long time ago also. I am going to be 60 in November, widowed 15 years ago, raising kids alone, one with cerebral palsy, foster mom to several and mentor to 4 kids...full of stress and gained 80 pounds since my husband died. I don't know if it's all due to stressful eating or the candida appeared somewhere along the line...wish I knew..but I tested positive for it.

I love reading what everyone saying about their experiences - the support and wealth of information is tremendous. Everyone have a great night!

Thanks Jane! Be really easy on yourself, you've done a fabulous job getting those kids through all of that!

I was lucky enough to have chemical exposure years ago that precipitated a lot of sensitivities. I say lucky because I did the whole allergy testing and was able over a number of years to clear the big ones. In my case, once I allowed my system to really rest for a few years, I was able to add back in some foods. I always say I am NOT weak willed, because I know the kind of self control I used back then. The rotation diets and elimination diets really do have the result of allowing your body to tolerate more items in the long run.

That probably helped with some of the yeast, particularly as the doc I went to then was interested and had me try nystatin for a while. I saw a tremendous result, but no doctor ever prescribed it for me again. (That was a part of a drug trial). The other interesting thing looking back is that as soon as I moved and didn't have that resource, I fell into a very serious depression and gained most of the weight I've fought so since. People really didn't recognize me even a year or so later. So the yeast connection is a valid one as well as the food sensitivities.

I agree that low carb and lower carb are excellent choices for people with our issues. I have to say that the past few years have made a HUGE difference in my daily outlook and in my ability to cope with the world. I just can't let good health slip away, so here's to making sense of it and making it workable!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Tooter,

I have used the oil of oregano to treat yeast. I have both the capsules and the liquid. I bought the liquid and it doesn't taste great so I had to get the capsules for the kiddies. My son will take some as he starts to come down with a cold. Me and DH take the liquid in water just to get rid of it (we have 2 bottles!) and boy it sure doesn't taste good at all! Therefore get the capsules!!!

My supplement regime to treat yeast after my 4th and final c-section 2 and 1/2 years ago---4 TBL coconut oil daily; oil of oregano drops 2 times a day; Healthy Trinity probiotics--2 capsules a day; plain yogurt every day for lunch; multi vitamin as usual; psyllium fiber at nighttime. That is about what I can remember.....I had a rough time after Kyle was born. Talk about Post pardem depression. I had it bad.

If you are doing this long-term it is suggested that you rotate through your anti-fungals. You may try doing a bottle of the oil of oregano and when that is done get a bottle of olive leaf extract. That way the yeast cannot get used to the anti-fungal you choose. That is not to say give up coconut oil--just rotate through the different herbs.
Thank you!! Wonderful advice and tips.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Found some GREAT info on yeast and weight loss (or lack thereof)... this makes me even MORE excited to make this change. OMG. What if THIS is why my weight loss has been SO SLOW!?!?!

http://http://drhotzeblog.netymology...ht-connection/

http://http://www.marilynglenville.com/dieting.htm

Upon this further reading I guess I'm going to TRY to switch to Stevia too. ugh.

The links wouldn't work for me.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
This is a great thread, but I've also been very sad reading it. I realize now that my mom probably had this to an extreme degree, but it was never recognized, just nystatin for thrush in her last year.

We went years thinking it was wheat, which she began to avoid religiously, then corn, and so forth. We didn't cut sugar, although she didn't eat much at all, but I never encouraged her to because she was so very thin and was already eating so little. She also ate quite a bit of cheese. Her saving practice was probably the yogurt, as she ate more than most folks would dream of eating.

But her legs would actually start to bleed from the psoriasis(sp) if she ate any wheat or corn.

She did eat nuts, mostly pecans which she slow roasted in the oven... I wonder if that killed off most of the mold?... but she even quit that in her later years due to all the problems with digestion (she also had a hidden cancer that was outside of her intestine, so that and the surgery were a part of the problem there too)

But oh, so many things here are EXACTLY what she dealt with. That list is almost item for item.

I'm struggling with turning myself over to this. I like the idea of the vinegar, I love yogurt, I'm down with the probiotics, but to give up nuts is very hard. I don't have a lot of foods I really eat for snacks and those are so easy to keep at work. Is there any way to decontaminate them? I'm serious!

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences. Maybe I can live my life with just a bit more comfort than Mom did.
I can see so many yeast connections in my own family.

I haven't read anything on how to decontaminate the nuts. That's something that you would have to do a search on.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Yes, Women's Forum, really isn't the place as not too many men will check it out and they definitely get yeast infections (think we've finally explained all of hubbies rashes and itching). My son had one last Christmas at the corners of his mouth (what he found online related to saliva and he'd just had some dental work done). My Nystatin cream cleared it up. He's the next person to get on board with the ACV, especially since he had a short predisone course last spring to deal with an allergic reaction to penicillin. (Neither her nor there but the poor kid has had a bad 12 months medically, starting with chicken pox at 27 and ending with bruised ribs almost 12 months later with a sinus infection, step throat, and allergic reaction to penicillin thrown in between.)

I really expected this thread to end up in the Health Issues forum. Maybe the admins need to be asked to move it there.

Sheryl
I expected it in the Health issues forum too.

I have been here so long, but never had to ask a mod to do that. Any ideas?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #289

Quote:
The links wouldn't work for me.
There's an extra http:// in them
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
There's an extra http:// in them
Thanks. I'll blame it on the brain fog. lol

Going to read them now.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #291

I "reported" my own post! lol

The one where I said we were moved into the Women's health, like men don't get Candida.

I actually did it just to ask the Mods to move us to the "Health and Medical Issues" forum.

It was the only way I could think of getting in touch with them and asking them.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL-Tooter!

I'm making my husband take the spit test tomorrow a.m. He's been battling some tinea pedis for a looong time now. It bugs me to no end, especially when he asks me to buy more Monistat for his feet Same thing as Tinactin, but we get generic. So the cashier at Target gets to think I have the yeasties. NICE.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Thanks Tooter, just got back on and saw that we were moved. Much more appropriate.

Talked with my son tonight and he said he'd look up information about yeast online. Hope he gives the ACV a try.

Sheryl
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris T. View Post
LOL-Tooter!

I'm making my husband take the spit test tomorrow a.m. He's been battling some tinea pedis for a looong time now. It bugs me to no end, especially when he asks me to buy more Monistat for his feet Same thing as Tinactin, but we get generic. So the cashier at Target gets to think I have the yeasties. NICE.
I would think it's a "given" with athlete's foot.

Here is some interesting "Natural" treatments I found at "earth clinic".

Natural remedies to Cure Athlete's Foot from the Earth Clinic community.

We have already talked about some of them here. It's just about applying them to his feet.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 AM   #295
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
Tooter & Prozak,

You've mentioned that you follow a stricter WOE, can you give us an idea of what your menu looks like. I'm working on cutting out dairy, but there is some form of dairy in almost every meal I prepare.

I've been using kefir in my morning shake, I'm assuming that that is okay to continue.

Thanks~
Old 09-19-2008, 05:44 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBina View Post
Tooter & Prozak,

You've mentioned that you follow a stricter WOE, can you give us an idea of what your menu looks like. I'm working on cutting out dairy, but there is some form of dairy in almost every meal I prepare.

I've been using kefir in my morning shake, I'm assuming that that is okay to continue.

Thanks~
Induction levels or lower. I believe that Prozak is much lower then I am. She was posting in the Zero Carb thread. It really isn't Zero, but closer to that then induction levels.

Why? I always felt better on stricter atkins.

Prozak found she couldn't lose well, unless she went lower.

Then we started (and came into) this thread, and realized that it really could be the Yeast issue. That maybe the Dairy really is a "trigger" food because of the Yeast.

I had limited my cheese to just a little bit in salads.

Although I did well on strict low carb (and didn't have symptoms) I still had the yeast issue.

There are 3 steps in dealing with yeast:

1. Stop feeding the yeast (which is what I did)
2. Take things that will kill the yeast (I was taking CO and AVC)
3. Recolonize your gut with probiotics (good Bacteria) Yogurt and Kefir isn't enough to do this.

So, although I had symptoms under control...I wasn't doing what I should be doing and if I tried to up my carbs or have nuts etc...It was like going backwards.

How do I eat now?

I'm not eating any nuts or cheese, sour cream etc.

I have Fage yogurt in the Morning. Usually a Protein and a salad (with ACV) for lunch and dinner.

I drink tea with coconut oil in it and drinks with AVC/water/Stevia or Xylitol.

I am also taking a probiotic.

In a few days or weeks, I will UP my protocol by taking another supplement to kill yeast (Oil of Oregano or Grapefruit seed extract, etc) and then I will rotate those. I'll also rotate the probiotics too.

This is just my "Plan" for now. To kill more yeast, re-colonize my gut and not go through intense die off. I am easing into it.

Just make changes, one step at a time. Don't try and do everything all at once.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Moving On
Stats: 154.5/changing/135
Start Date: July 2006
[COLOR="Purple"]If anybody finds grapefruit seed extract (pill form) PLEASE let me know! I can't find it anywhere! Thanks![/COLOR]
Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJ View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]If anybody finds grapefruit seed extract (pill form) PLEASE let me know! I can't find it anywhere! Thanks![/COLOR]
I'm still looking. lol
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If anybody finds grapefruit seed extract (pill form) PLEASE let me know! I can't find it anywhere! Thanks!
I'll look the next time I'm at Trader Joes too.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #300

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
The Vitamin Shoppe has it and a whole section for yeast related issues.
Closed Thread