Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amberdemure
WOE: Atkins
Am I Slowing Down?

Well, those first few weeks had a whole, new me starting to show, but now I'm at about 2 months (I have no concept of time, I could be at 3 months, but I'm 90% sure I'm closer to 2 than 3), and I'm paranoid that I'm stalling or gaining.

A little background: I have had an eating disorder in the past, so I don't weigh myself because I get obsessive. My highest weight was 231, and lowest was 98. I know my waist, where I carry most of my weight, is smaller than the 32" 'mom jorts' I wear, but that's about all I know, and I don't plan on weighing myself anytime soon.

I've had a few cheats, but they were literally: a lick of gelato at a gelato festival, meat with a questionable sauce once, a curry dish with no rice - also just once (it was probably "safe"), and a couple of days of too much wine. That was it. Simple one-offs that are questionable at best, and not daily/weekly. Otherwise, I stick to induction. I'm not sure if it's my natural tendency to obsess with my body kicking in, but I'm pretty sure my weight loss has stalled. Is this normal? How can I kickstart it again? I'm working out about 1 hour a day on the elliptical machine most days.

*frustrated
amberdemure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Weight loss naturally slows... so you may have just hit that point in losing. Also, it's hard to "see" weight loss sometimes. I would say, keep doing what you're doing (those cheats are hardly worth mentioning!), have patience and know that you're feeding your body well.

As a tool to monitor weight loss without a scale... or any other measurement device that uses numbers... could you use a string? Cut one that fits your waist. Once a week or once a month, whatever works best for you, check your waist with the string. If you're losing the string will show it.

I believe that a slow steady weight loss is best. So slow is good. Focus on nutrition. The rest will follow.

How much water do you drink? If it's less than optimal, that's an easy first thing to change.
Tril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amberdemure
WOE: Atkins
Thanks so much for replying. I'm really stressing about this. I am drinking plenty of water, but it hasn't been as consistent. I'll watch out for that.
amberdemure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I agree with Tril, it's totally natural to slow down. I've had entire months with no loss, but as long as I stay consistent, it will kick in at some point. Sometimes our body just needs to adjust and then it will start losing again. Don't freak out and obsess over it, just stay consistent and patient and you will continue to healthier and thinner.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote