Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gingermom
Stats: 164/134/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2013
Want to switch from extremely low cal diet to Atkins.....

I need advice. I was living the Atkins lifestyle from August 2013-December 2013 and managed to lose 15 lbs in the first two months then stalled for the next 2 1/2.

Fast forward to the very end of January. I start a new diet that basically cuts out ALL fat, has very little portions and calories/carbs. I estimate I have been eating 700-800 calories a day. I have lost 25 pounds in 9 weeks. It is extremely difficult and boring. I think that I would like to go back to Atkins but I am petrified of gaining weight. My body is not used to fats or bigger portions.

Any advice from anyone who perhaps has gone from extremely low calorie/fat to low carb would be greatly appreciated!!
gingermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish_Troy
Stats: 5'6" - 211/162/155
WOE: Keto/Orgnanic/Paleo
Start Date: 1.1.2014
I've been doing this for about 2 months now..... I've never kept track of calories before and I have successfully lost weight on Atkins but I just thought I'd see how I did on a restricted calorie type of plan ..... I just figured out my TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and tried to eat about 700 cals below that number and it's actually not very hard for me and I was slowly losing weight but I'm back on board with Atkins because I honestly think it's a healthier way to live so I really had to force myself to eat more fat but after about a week it felt pretty normal.
Irish_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote