Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: evie2742
Not losing weight!

Hi Everyone!
I have been on the LC diet for almost a month now, and I am not losing weight. I eat no more than 25 carbs a day, have not deviated. At first I lost about 5 lbs, but now, nothing, I have gained back the 5 lbs.
I am so discouraged! I am hoping someone could help me and try to get back on the right road to a steady weight loss!
evie2742 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
What are you eating evie? It would help to see a menu to know if you are eating something that might be creating a problem for you. Also, how much weight are you going to lose on Lowcarb?
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

I have quit a bit of weight to lose. Over 100 lbs.
usually my daily food intake includes:
breakfast:
2 egg omelet with cheddar cheese

lunch:
salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing

dinner:
one slice of LC homemade pizza with peperoni, mushrooms, onions, green peppers. The pizza sauce has 2 net carbs, the crust is made from a low carb recipe the ingredients are: cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, one egg, 3/4 c of carbquick.

If I have a snack its usually chicken, maybe if Im craving a sweet I will go for an atkins endulge bar.

I drink a lot of water, I don't drink soda or diet soda.
This is just one idea for a day.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
Hi there I posted on anther thread about stalling, I've used intermittent fasting to get my weight moving after a 6 week stall, seemed to work for me.

One thing I would say is dump the fake food for a while, I totally stall out on low carb replacements, I love almond flour but I have to be careful with it, ditto sugar free choc bars etc, love em all (stall due to eating too much)!! Honestly I would try not eating anything that came out of a box for a week to see if it makes a difference, just stick to meat and veg and fats nothing else.

You may have a problem with something in the replacements, me personally not so much, i just over eat them, however some people seem to have issues with sweetners etc. Also eat more of the good stuff, have some more eggs , butter, chicken etc get rid of the ranch dressing for now (use olive oil or the like) fill up on the real food (don't worry about the calories for the moment) and see if it works, if it does, you can try to re-introduce some of the foods you have taken out and see which ones may be causing you problems.

Good luck, I hope it all starts moving again!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your help! I will try anything. Meat, cheese, and vegies it is!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
Evie, I totally get this can be frustrating, I found a pretty much all meat diet helped temporarily, I think it made sure I was in ketosis now I'm using IF and increasing the veg again as the weight is shifting. i've read where people have stalled for six months and all of a sudden dropped a bunch of weight. the best thing is to carry on, tweak a bit but don't become discouraged. Also you'll probably find limiting your diet to the basics for a period will enable you to be uber accurate about what you are eating. Whatever happens stick with it, I re-started lost for 2 weeks and then zip for 6 weeks, but stuck it out and its moving, someone on another thread said they stalled for 17weeks and frankly I bow to their perseverance!

before I probably would have jacked it in during a stall but as I said to my DH even if I never dropped another pound being low carb has really improved my health and I'm not starving all the time anymore. I know quite a few people on these threads have consistent weekly weight loss but I suspect there are quite a few of us who have had long periods with nothing happening, despite sticking to plan. So stick with it missy and it'll be ok x get down to the basics as I said meat, veg and fat and then work up from there, let us know how you get on!
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote