Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schwab301
Stats: 170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10-17-2013
I need some help! I`m struggling!!

I have struggled with my weight all my life, especially the last 10 years. Recently I have gotten so depressed and tired of being overweight i have taken drastic measures. First, I juiced 24\7 with no solid foods for 1 1\2 months before stalling out and going to water fasting on and off for the next 1 1/2 months. I am ashamed of myself for losing weight this way, but i felt desperate. I love the adkins approach to eating and it is super easy for me to follow, which I have been doing for 1 month. I want my kids to be healthy and not struggle like I have. The problem is i have lost just three pounds in the month, and have even tried the Fast Fat without success. I have had changed up the calories, increased the fat percent to 90%, and had my carbs under 5% without suceess. I am hoping someone will give me some idea of what I am doing wrong. I want this to be a life change for me, not just for weight loss. Here is what a typical day for me looks like:

breakfast: 2 eggs (fried in bacon fat) and 2 slices bacon or sausage
Coffee with 2 tablespoons HWC, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 2 splenda, and 1 tablespoon sugar free creamer.

lunch: 1\2 avocado, 2 tablespoons mayo, tuna, and 1 hard boiled egg

Dinner: 10 oz strip steak and brocccoli with cheese

Desert: sugar free jell-o w/cream, and cheesecake fat bomb.

Usually equals 80-90% fat, 2-7% carbs and the rest protein. I try to keep my calories between 1200-1600. I am 31, 5`4", and 170#`s. When i started dieting I was 220 #`s.

I suspect the dairy, splenda, and creamer.
I alsos have PCOS, and low thyroid, but the thyoid has been controlled with synthroid. Thanks for taking the time to read this!
schwab301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

I Spoke a little to soon......

Sorry, for wasting everyone`s time. I found a very helpful guide posted years and years ago. Guess i should`ve paid closer attention to detail.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/188/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
oh? what guide is that? I may find it helpful too!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
First of all, don't feel ashamed about how you lost weight. We've all tried some wacky-doodle diet at some time or other!

Second, have you had your blood tested since you've lost weight? You might need your synthroid adjusted.

Congrats on your weight loss! Your body is probably still adjusting to this so don't panic.

Keep up the good work!

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I have lost weight following Steven Guyanet's plan of no seasonings and keeping my meals simple and repetitious. It is a very hard plan to follow but it has worked for me twice. It has to do with the brain being fooled into thinking it is fasting even though you are getting plenty of food and nutrition.google whole health source - the case for the food reward hypothesis - part one.

another good post is and interview with chris kressser episode 10 - steven guyanet on food reward and weight loss.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Some thoughts and reminders from the Atkins Center...

This was very helpful, so were all of your replies. I have been lurking on this site for weeks, but afraid to post because i was afraid of being judged for losing weight the way i have. Thanks everyone for your support! I will let you all know how things go.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ValentineC
Stats: 5'5" 215/207.8/160
Start Date: January 2014
Hello Schwab, welcome to the forum. Don’t feel ashamed we are all here for answers and help.

Please reread the Atkins allowed food guidelines. It seems like you are not eating enough of the recommended vegetables on a daily. Try switching to SF syrup…DaVinci, Torani instead of splenda in your coffee, the syrups are 0 carbs.

Also try to limit the sweet food/treats to a few times a week, I know it is hard, if I could you eat anything I wanted and not gain weight, I would eat every piece of cake, cookie and chocolate that is not nailed down, lol. The more sweets I eat the more I want.

Good luck and keep coming back for encouragement and assistance.
ValentineC is offline   Reply With Quote