Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karenjk
Frustrated

Hi everyone, I am new to the boards but not LC. I have been doing Atkins for a little over 2 years and have lost about 70 lbs. A few months ago I got into the sugar free candy and it has not been good. I gained back about 10 lbs from my lowest (still have about 20 to lose) and I can't seem to get back in the groove. I have never gone over 30 carbs and usually stay under 20 per day. I have always drank diet coke and had a bar or two per day during the whole time I've been doing this. I have not had any sf candy and am really trying hard to eliminate the bars and diet soda (I drink lots of water) but still no loss........ugh. I really know what I need to do but just felt the need to vent with people who are doing the same WOE and understand. Today is a new day and I'm really hoping to get through it without any bars or other substances with sugar alcohol. Happy Monday!
karenjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eraser51
hi!

I drink a lot aspartame coke but has no effect on my ketosis like (at least). But stalled also...I am trying to change macro ratio and the like right now.. hope it helps

how many sugar free candy do you eat? maybe the carbs are the problem even though they are not digestible maybe they add up anyway..

How else did you notice that diet soda inhibits your weight loss? I can only test ketosis and had no effect..
eraser51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snatale42
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjk View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to the boards but not LC. I have been doing Atkins for a little over 2 years and have lost about 70 lbs. A few months ago I got into the sugar free candy and it has not been good. I gained back about 10 lbs from my lowest (still have about 20 to lose) and I can't seem to get back in the groove. I have never gone over 30 carbs and usually stay under 20 per day. I have always drank diet coke and had a bar or two per day during the whole time I've been doing this. I have not had any sf candy and am really trying hard to eliminate the bars and diet soda (I drink lots of water) but still no loss........ugh. I really know what I need to do but just felt the need to vent with people who are doing the same WOE and understand. Today is a new day and I'm really hoping to get through it without any bars or other substances with sugar alcohol. Happy Monday!
I REALLY hope those bars are at least actual Atkins bars, you NEED to dump the soda (and the candy) no questions asked! Diet Coke has both Caffeine and Aspartame, both of them give MOST people problems with stalls and slow downs.

I'm a soda freak too so I bought a Soda Stream. Making it myself is cheap and all their Soda Syrups are sweetened with Splenda which is allowed. But even then you have to count each serving as a gram of carbs.

You should post a typical days diet, meaning EVERYTHING! Food, Liquid, Condiments all of it! For help. Can I hopefully assume you have the Atkins book so you have access to all the foods and rules?
snatale42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

@snatale42
yeah I hear that a LOT but has someone proof or something? I am quite confused cause everybody says that but noone explains why.

I drink pepsi maxx daily and a lot and still generate ketones. I know they shall lower the ketones produced like diet doctor stated but WHY do they inhibit weight loss?
I drank that much before on atkins induction try I and still lost the 16kg, I just havent re.induced like I did now and weightloss shall follow

I mean they dont trigger insulin.
They dont stop ketones.

I would understand if you could eat lesser meals, lesser protein or something like that if you dont drink pepsi but just like that.

Also cheese.. is it because of the protein? or why do people have problems with cheese? I mean if it is without lactose, wheres the problem??

Honestly I cant really cut everything (the pepsi) out :/
Old 02-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snatale42
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser51 View Post
@snatale42
yeah I hear that a LOT but has someone proof or something? I am quite confused cause everybody says that but noone explains why.

I drink pepsi maxx daily and a lot and still generate ketones. I know they shall lower the ketones produced like diet doctor stated but WHY do they inhibit weight loss?
I drank that much before on atkins induction try I and still lost the 16kg, I just havent re.induced like I did now and weightloss shall follow

I mean they dont trigger insulin.
They dont stop ketones.

I would understand if you could eat lesser meals, lesser protein or something like that if you dont drink pepsi but just like that.

Also cheese.. is it because of the protein? or why do people have problems with cheese? I mean if it is without lactose, wheres the problem??

Honestly I cant really cut everything (the pepsi) out :/[/QUOTE]

I think it's just one of those things that affect everybody differently, but it's gives enough people problems to make it worth suggesting against. Don't forget our body wasn't designed to work with laboratory created sugar imitations. The real thing isn't great for us so it stands to reason that the clones of it would mess with people too. Dairy has carb content but I think Atkins went over in the book why it was so limited. Something about the way it breaks down I think. I don't think is has anything to do with the lactose. If your still losing weight at a level your happy with that's all that matters, but I know if I keep on the Aspartame my weight loss noticeably suffers, I'll still loose, but I can screw myself out of 2lbs or so! That add's up!
snatale42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

hmm might give it a try

do you measure blood ketones?
which alternatives do you use?

I live in Germany so its quite hard to find anything without aspartame.

Would kill for Pepsi One or Crystal^^