Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Simplykendra
Stats: Start 247/235/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 13
Over 7 week plateau. I am getting married on three weeks. Help.

Hi there!

I have been doing atkins since September and lost roughly 20 lbs. I have been at a stall lately for 7 or so weeks with no loss as well as no inch loss.

Here's what I eat per day

Coffee 2 Splenda 2 tsp of heavy whipping cream

Break: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage, 2 bacon. (Generally I eat 2 bacon and 2 eggs and that's it)

Lunch: lettuce wrapped hamburger patty with pickle, mustard and mayo. Sliced cheddar

Dinner: a dinner salad with chicken, cheese, boiled egg, bacon, and ranch dressing.

1 coke zero a day and 80 oz of water.

I haven't been working out the last few weeks as I've been really sick and discouraged. Still no change.

I did atkins years ago and lost 60 lbs in 3 months. Now, it's sloooow. I really would like to down 10 lbs before I get married in three weeks. I'm so so very discouraged and unhappy. Help?
Simplykendra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/146/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

If it were me, this is what I would do.

Ditch the Splenda as its known to cause stalls in some people. Drink black coffee. It's only three weeks. Get rid of the coke and add more water or green tea.

Breakfast sub avocado for bacon to reduce sodium. Add a hunk of beef or chicken for protein. Or just leftover dinner.

Lunch, ditch the pickle. Maybe ditch the cheese. Your body may not be a dairy fan. Add veggies to fill you up.

Dinner- eat a hunk of protein, maybe fish for now. The bacon, cheese, ranch has not been working. Dump that plan. Fish and a big pile of roasted veggies and salad.

If you can't work out, you can still walk for an hour.

Get your food plan as clean as possible and read everything for sodium.

You're going for a party on your wedding day, not a party in your mouth for the next three weeks. You can still eat foods you like, just ditch anything you didn't prepare yourself. Keep things like it celery, radishes in water, sliced cucumbers so that you can quickly make snack baggies as you run out the door doing the thousands of errands that must be ahead of you right now.

You can do it! Please let us know how you're doing.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 238/238/160
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
I tried a meat and egg fast in the past with pretty good results. Boring, but doable to drop a few before your big day.
Congratulations, by the way!
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Simplykendra
Stats: Start 247/235/180
Start Date: September 13
Hi everyone!

I have gotten married and at the exact same weight as the day I posted. I have changed a few things, and still no weight loss.
Simplykendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
Hi Kendra, congrats on your wedding!! Intermittent Fasting got me out of a six week stall, if you've got rid of all the other possibilities and had a good look at macros, it may be helpful to try IF out. I'm all over these stall threads pushing IF, they should pay me!! BUT it did work, i'm doing a very loose version of 18:6 but theres lean gains 14:10 5:2 etc etc, may be throwing in a day or two would help? I've been IF ing everyday this week however some people find doingit once or twice a week enough. It may not be your thing but it helped me.

Good luck I totally undertsand your frustration x
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mickeyschickie
Stats: 253/193/153
WOE: Low Carb Paleo
Start Date: January 2014
Have you looked into a fat fast?
mickeyschickie is offline   Reply With Quote