Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Re-thinking the Oopsie...

Thanks to the Original maker of the Oopsie-->

Since my first success with the Oopsie, it has remained a routine...with variety here and there.
This morning I think I have finally found a stand alone, melt in your mouth "Cheddar Bay Biscuit" that will challenge my memory of the first bite into those Red Lobster wonders biscuits!

I use 4 eggs with 1/2t.cream of tartar.and 3 oz of cream cheese....
....but then after whipping the whites/tartar I then stick the beaters of my hand held mixer into the 4 yolks/cream cheese and whip it till it is all smooth.
Then toss in 1/8c.ground golden flax+ 1/2t.baking powder, pinch of salt and whip it again for about 15 sec...to combine, but pour it quickly on top of the whites before the flax has a chance to thicken too much....THEN......sprinkle 100g. shredded cheddar cheese on top of that and fold it all together...then scoop 8 equal mounds on the parchment paper (I flatten mine so they bake more evenly+ the OCD part of me likes to use the silicone egg ring so they look fancy/equal)...gently place in the 300F.degree oven for 30 to 35 mins...take them out when you think they are brown enough on the top for you!!

I tried one fresh out of the oven....the cheese was still stringy as I broke it in 1/2...Perhaps the only addition to this may be a touch of garlic...
...but right now...this one will be made again and again for some time!!!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/140/136
WOE: Primal
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Yum! This sounds terrific.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSunNoFun
Stats: 157.5/142.2/135.0 (5'3)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
Thanks to the Original maker of the Oopsie-->

Since my first success with the Oopsie, it has remained a routine...with variety here and there.
This morning I think I have finally found a stand alone, melt in your mouth "Cheddar Bay Biscuit" that will challenge my memory of the first bite into those Red Lobster wonders biscuits!

I use 4 eggs with 1/2t.cream of tartar.and 3 oz of cream cheese....
....but then after whipping the whites/tartar I then stick the beaters of my hand held mixer into the 4 yolks/cream cheese and whip it till it is all smooth.
Then toss in 1/8c.ground golden flax+ 1/2t.baking powder, pinch of salt and whip it again for about 15 sec...to combine, but pour it quickly on top of the whites before the flax has a chance to thicken too much....THEN......sprinkle 100g. shredded cheddar cheese on top of that and fold it all together...then scoop 8 equal mounds on the parchment paper (I flatten mine so they bake more evenly+ the OCD part of me likes to use the silicone egg ring so they look fancy/equal)...gently place in the 300F.degree oven for 30 to 35 mins...take them out when you think they are brown enough on the top for you!!

I tried one fresh out of the oven....the cheese was still stringy as I broke it in 1/2...Perhaps the only addition to this may be a touch of garlic...
...but right now...this one will be made again and again for some time!!!
This needs a pic posted A-Sap!
NoSunNoFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

NoSun...

My better 1/2 and I are "watching grandkids" for a week or so while our Son and Wife vacation on Hilton Head....

Our drive will be 3 days to get back home where I will be able to update the pictures uninterrupted!

However...if I get the grandkids off to school tomorrow, and send My better 1/2 to the game room to watch the tube...I did bring my "low carb equipment"...will try to make a batch.....with pictures.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NoSun...

My better 1/2 and I are "watching grandkids" for a week or so while our Son and Wife vacation on Hilton Head....

Our drive will be 3 days to get back home where I will be able to update the pictures uninterrupted!

However...if I get the grandkids off to school tomorrow, and send My better 1/2 to the game room to watch the tube...I did bring my "low carb equipment"...will try to make a batch.....with pictures.
Loved this post
Looking foward to a pic or pictures
Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

OK!
Finally got home!!
I am an amateur with the camera....
So attached is a picture straight from the oven
You can't see the stringing of the cheese as it is still warm....but I think you get the idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jan.14,2014 043.jpg (44.2 KB, 101 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Now, a few hours after baking and thoroughly cooled...still sitting open to air to dry a bit before I tuck them in the slightly open box in the refrigerator.

I sliced one in two (before I ate it!) using a serrated steak knife so you could see how they hold up...and how easily you could slice them in 1/2 horizontally if you wanted to make them "go farther"!

For myself, I treat them like a piece of protein...yes, a lot of fat as well...but consider the egg, extra cheese, cream cheese....and it feels like bread when you bite into it!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2pm ,jan.14,2014 001.jpg (46.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: byondbzr
Oh YUMMY, thanks for the recipe!
byondbzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Now, a few hours after baking and thoroughly cooled...still sitting open to air to dry a bit before I tuck them in the slightly open box in the refrigerator.

I sliced one in two (before I ate it!) using a serrated steak knife so you could see how they hold up...and how easily you could slice them in 1/2 horizontally if you wanted to make them "go farther"!

For myself, I treat them like a piece of protein...yes, a lot of fat as well...but consider the egg, extra cheese, cream cheese....and it feels like bread when you bite into it!!!!
OMG! Well great! Now I have to go out and buy those little round plastic things you baked them in

Nice pics and SUPER JOB!!! What are those round disks?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

The yellow ring is of course the egg ring.

The little yellow disk at the end of the metal handle is the piece that you hold onto to remove the whole thing while it is still hot...the yellow disk is also made out of silicone so that you don't burn your fingers while you lift the egg ring off the Oopsie or whatever you are using the egg ring for.

Many people use them in the frying pan to make perfect/same size pancakes, etc. There are a few different companies that make them and sell them online.
I also have a set of 4 that are as big as a personal pan pizza size...and they work the same way...they are just red in color.
They are moldable, in that if you squish them altogether they will be oval in shape and not round.

With that said, the rolls bake nicely without the rings as well...they don't 'run' into each other.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Where do you buy those yellow silicone rings? I've tried metal ones but they stick awful.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I picked mine up at the local outlet store, kitchen collections.
...but you can google/bing silicone egg ring, there are different companies that make them...also different colors/sizes. When I bought mine, they were less than $3 each.
They have proved 'valuable' to my Low Carb Kitchen!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/140/136
WOE: Primal
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Great pictures! I'm definitely going to try this.

I don't have the molds but a few years ago I went out and bought a muffin top pan and that works great because each hole is a great size for th oppsie and they turn out great that way.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:00 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
This is a great idea! Will definitely try out the recipe, thanks for sharing!

I make my oopsies in a silicone muffin top pan, works perfect every time!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
This is a great idea! Will definitely try out the recipe, thanks for sharing!

I make my oopsies in a silicone muffin top pan, works perfect every time!
Would you possibly have a picture?
Would love to see your method...I like new ideas.
I have many silicone muffin sizes...might consider that...it might make a smaller roll.
I use four eggs in the recipe so that when I consume 2 rolls, I count 1 egg.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
How did I miss this one until now? The regular oopsies aren't the right texture for me but these look great. Adding to my "try soon" list of printouts. Thanks Galveston Gal.

And yes those yellow rings are tempting me to do a search lol. Sometimes things stick to my muffin top pans but those rings over a parchment covered baking sheet should eliminate all sticking!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post

And yes those yellow rings are tempting me to do a search lol. Sometimes things stick to my muffin top pans but those rings over a parchment covered baking sheet should eliminate all sticking!
I should have also mentioned...re: sticking.
After baking...and removing the sheet of Oopsies from the oven, I let them cool on the counter for a good 10 to 15 min.
Cool so that I feel no heat from them if I hover my hand over the Oopsies.
As they cool, they shrink just enough in that they pull away from the egg rings.
That means...you pick up the egg ring by the little handle, and the Oopsie doesn't stick to the ring.
I use a skinny...I mean ultra skinny...metal "OXO" brand spatula to slide under each roll to move to the plastic storage box...
If I used parchment paper, they would probably s-l-i-d-e right off!!!

Love the Low Carb and Extra fiber from the Flax/Coconut addition.

Last edited by Galveston Gal; 01-25-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2paint
Stats: 187/182/135
WOE: Atkins low carb
Start Date: Jan19,2014
Those sound really yummy will make those in the morning !
Luv2paint is offline   Reply With Quote