Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbNoob
Stats: 270/257/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: December 2013
Just Started Atkins

And I have a few questions! I hope some of you seasoned vets can give me some help!

How often should I weigh myself? How long does it take for weight loss to kick in? Should I just avoid the scale for the first week?

I decided to cut out diet soda at the same time, and drink Crystal Light instead. Is there any downsides to drinking Crystal Light on this diet?

I was told to take Magnesium Citrate to help with the "big C." Does that really work??? Does it create dependency?

If you have any little tips and tricks that you've learned work well or make the diet easier, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!
LowCarbNoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
People here have different philosophies about how often to weigh. If you are one to become "number obsessed" by weighing daily, may once a week would do. Others weight daily, knowing that daily bouncing of weight is typical for a lot of us. You are likely to lose the most weight in the early days, so don't worry too much about weighing, but also don't get discouraged if your loss slows over time.

My preference is not to drink anything artificially sweetened. Others do fine with it. In the short term, what's probably most important to focus on low carbs.

I take magnesium in modest amounts. I don't have your problem, though, more the opposite. For me, I've found I tolerate the chelated kind better. I have upped my level of sodium considerably, and potassium, to stop leg cramps. Some folks will NOT want to do this (if you retain water or have HBP, for example). Many get enough sodium from broth.

Others will chime in here. I would encourage you to invest in learning what works and does not work for you. Welcome!

Last edited by Patience; 12-07-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbNoob
Stats: 270/257/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: December 2013
I'm one of those that would become number obsessed so I think I'm going to stay to weighing in once a week.

I've decided to only drink one artificially sweetened drink a day. But that it's Crystal Light not diet soda. I really need to ditch it all in general. But just starting with baby steps.

I started taking a daily multivitamin, and a little bit of magnesium. Nothing crazy. And we'll see how it works.

Thanks for your response! No one else has responded. Makes me kinda sad! Guess I didn't ask the right questions!
LowCarbNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Welcome to the boards I love to see people from Arizona on the board!
I eat low carb mostly and weigh almost daily, it is a good tool to keep me on track.
Good luck and happy losing!
Ashley
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote