Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eaglesfangirl75
Stats: Starting Weight: 240. Lost 15 lbs since 10.7.13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10.7.13
Hello. Been on Atkins 1 month and have some questions!

Hi! My husband and I have been on Atkins a little over a month. I have much more weight to lose than he does, but it's going great as far as weight loss. I've lost 15 lbs so far.

My question is this: I'm staying on a pretty strict, almost induction-like carb count for a while because I do have so much to lose. I feel great. No issues except...well... ummm.... the big C.

I am adding BeneFiber to my Crystal Light every morning but it has only been moderately helpful. I'm spending way too much time in the bathroom.

Is there something I'm not doing right that I'm having this issue? I don't want to take any harsh laxatives or anything. I don't want to be rushing to the bathroom...just visiting it regularly...and quickly!
eaglesfangirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/189/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13
Are you eating enough veggies? I had the opposite problem a month into induction...
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Adding golden flax meal fixed it for me. Add it to things like meatloaf (will never notice!) and use it in baked goods. Try a OMM- one minute muffin- it's quick & easy & very low carb bread made in the microwave one serving at a time. There are a billion versions so keep trying them until you find one that suits you. Here is one-very basic, unflavored with a high flax content.

1 pat of butter
3 T golden flax meal
1 egg
1 t baking powder
shake or 2 of salt
sweetener to taste

Nuke the butter in a smallish bowl or mug (the size/shape you want your muffin), then combine in the rest of the ingredients, stir until mixed. Then I nuke mine for 1 minute 11 seconds. Let it sit a few minutes, then knife the sides and pop out. Cut into slices and butter and top however you wish.

Jen
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
The best thing I ever did was to start taking 1000mg of Magnesium every day. *Nothing* else worked. At the point where I started having problem with too lose stools, I backed it off to 750mg. Now, I've found that if I take 1000mg every other day works best.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I also take magnesium at dosages of 250mg and 500mg on alternate days. It seems to help although not perfectly. After reading Aomiel's post I may up that dosage a little when necessary although I tend to err on the side of caution as far as supplements go since sometimes excessive dosages, even if not dangerous, may throw the overall balance out of whack.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dsacco
I will "third" the magnesium! I use a product called CALM as a drink at night it is ionic magnesium citrate and tastes pretty good I mix it now with a stevia water flavorer from STUR (the orange mango)
dsacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alero
Stats: 216/198/150 (5ft'0")
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: (Once again) November 9, 2013
Water, water, water, and more water. Not only will it help your problem, it will help you lose faster and more consistently.
Alero is offline   Reply With Quote