Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joeg2246
Start In Any Phase

I have been raeding about the Atkins way of eating and was kinda wondering about the phrase "Start in any phase"
Is that a true statement?
I would like to start in Phase 2. Is that a possibility, if not why?
Joe
joeg2246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
do anything you want. eat nothing but corn. you know? it's your choice. but don't call it Atkins without doing induction.

induction trains both the body and mind in something new. if you only have a few pounds to lose, you can probably do it many ways. if you are obese, the likelihood of sticking to your chosen way of eating is much higher if you do a clean induction.

good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joeg2246
I am speaking more from the standpoint of my wife. She is not in need of losing weight, but, she wants to support me by trying to adapt to my way of eating. We were thinking of starting her in phase 3. She weighs 135 at 5'7" so maybe she could lose a few pounds but not many. I however am 256 with a goal of 210. I am 6'2"s tall and have started in phase 1 and am sticking it to it pretty closely. I did have a few Michelob Ultra's on the golf course yesterday, but, other than that I am on the money. I have lost 4 pounds the first 5 days.
joeg2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
You CAN start in any of the phases... it really depends on your goals. Your wife could do a few days of Induction with you. That way, she "gets it". Then she can quickly work her way through the phases... any water weight she might lose the first week she can easily regain as she works toward the final phase, Maintenance. This will help her understand the process YOU are going through... and what you can and can not eat/drink (like BEER) on the phase you are doing. PLUS, it will be a huge support for you those first few days.

IMHO, you aren't doing Induction yet... not if you're fudging the rules.
Tril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
If your wife isn't trying to lose weight, then I don't see what difference it makes to start in whatever phase she chooses. I love my husband and would support him if he needed to do low carb (and I didn't) by cooking the right foods and not eating things he couldn't have in front of him, but ummm...no, I would not go on induction for him.

Careful on those beers. Yes they're lower carb, but they aren't induction and the problem with fudging is that it becomes a bad habit. Start as you mean to go on.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote