Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TammyLind123
Stats: 172
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/02/2013
Newbie here! Looking for continual motivation. :)

Hi there , I started the Atkins diet (induction phase) on Sept. 2 2013... so today is day 4 and I already feel better and have lost 4 pounds! Is that even possible???
To tell you a little about myself, I guess I will go backwards 15 years. When I married my wonderful hubby 15 years ago I weighed 105 lbs. Yes, I am short. 5 feet short to be exact. But, two kids, truckloads of Dr. Pepper, warehouses full of bread, candy, cakes, etc. later I gained about 70 lbs. No, wait, that has to be a typo, right? Really? 70? That is almost double!
So anyway, we went this past Saturday and had family pics made and the kids were cute and the hubby was dashing and I really saw what I really looked like. NOOOOO! So I decided then and there that I have to do something. I also know that my Dad's entire family is obese, diabetic, has high blood pressure and are basically ticking time bombs. We almost lost my dad to a heart attack several years ago. He had to have 5 bypasses. Not kidding. So I know I am going to be in that same shape or worse if I do not do something fast.
My symptoms have included but were not limited too: indigestion, ibs, fatigue, shaking when "needing" a sugar fix, headaches, carb addiction, etc. On the rare occasion that I actually stopped to think about these things, instead of ignoring them, they were pretty scary!
Over the years I have yo-yoed, just like everyone else. I had heard of the Atkins and South Beach diets but I had never tried them. BTW, I hate most veggies. So it was with a little anxiety that I started Atkins induction. Day 1 was not horrible. I love eggs, meat and cheese and I do like salad and green beans are okay. I was thinking, maybe I can do this. By the end of day 2, I already felt better. There was no indigestion. What? Seriously? It's gone? YEP! Today on day 4, I am not tired. At all. WOW! This is great.
I thought it was going to be hard to do with the kids having their cereal and chicken nuggets and chips and such things that normal healthy kids eat. But not so, I do not want anything other than what I am supposed to have. Even Dr. Pepper has no appeal. (Never thought I would say that! )
I am excited to take this journey and see how far I can go with it. I doubt seriously that I will get down to 105 again. That was tiny. But a healthy 115-120 would be fantastic!
Thank you for listening and I truly appreciate any feedback/ motivation/ encouragement that you have to offer. Have a blessed day!
TammyLind123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Welcome.

Sounds like you're doing very well!
I do want to caution you that losses slow down after the first rush of pounds lost.
But they DO continue. Just slower. So don't think you're doing something wrong.
Just follow the plan. Salads are fine (use full fat dressing. a lot of the ranches and blue cheese ones are 1 carb per serving).
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TammyLind123
Stats: 172
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/02/2013
Thank you for the encouragement! Yes, I am going to have to really be careful not to get discouraged when it does slow down. My attention span is so short that... ooooo is that a puppy? Can I pet it? JK Time for lunch and another salad! Caio!
TammyLind123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
WElcome, you sound really motivated!! Awesome job so far!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote