Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hikari
Is it okay to shift from the Atkins Diet to a Low-calories diet?

Hello, I've been on atkins for 2 months and I've lost about 8kgs only. I also had 5 days cheat because my stomach went so sick throwing up everything, it was damn tired of the same food everyday lol. but I didn't gain any weight.
I want to lose 7kgs in a month or even a month and 1 week and this goal is realistic but it feels like my health got really bad, I just feel dizzy all the time like fainting, and my hair started falling .. I've become really weak.. I've also walked and worked out during the diet
so I thought of shifting to a low -calorie diet so I could get my good health back again and eat around 800-1000 calories daily with walking and working out
is it okay to do so? I won't gain weight?
thanks!
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
Hello, I've been on atkins for 2 months and I've lost about 8kgs only. I also had 5 days cheat because my stomach went so sick throwing up everything, it was damn tired of the same food everyday lol. but I didn't gain any weight.
I want to lose 7kgs in a month or even a month and 1 week and this goal is realistic but it feels like my health got really bad, I just feel dizzy all the time like fainting, and my hair started falling .. I've become really weak.. I've also walked and worked out during the diet
so I thought of shifting to a low -calorie diet so I could get my good health back again and eat around 800-1000 calories daily with walking and working out
is it okay to do so? I won't gain weight?
thanks!
You don't say what your starting weight is but 8kg in 2 months is awesome progress! To attempt close to that much in a month, depending on your starting weight, may be unreasonable expectations.

It's hard to tell what the problem is with your low carb diet without knowing what you're eating. As for whether or not you'll gain...many people do gain when they switch from low carb to a low calorie (usually higher carb) diet because they were eating so many calories on the low carb. It will eventually even out.

I'm not sure why you believe an 800-1000 calorie diet will help you get your health back though. The way you feel makes me believe you might not be getting enough fat (maybe even calories) in your diet. Help us help you by posting a sample day's menu because 2 months into low carb and you shouldn't be having these symptoms.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
15lbs in one month is not a realistic goal.

800 calories a day is very little. Way too little if you are also exercising.

If you don't stay on 800 calories after that, long term, the weight will rebound back, likely with a few friends

To answer your question, during the transition to high carb, you may gain a few pounds of water weight/ glycogen and then it will stabilize and you will start losing again. If you can stay on such a restrictive plan.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote