Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Nutritional Approach (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/)
-   -   Carb Flu??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/808717-carb-flu.html)

Spidermom 07-26-2013 09:04 AM

Carb Flu???

Day 5....I have no energy, tired, feeling like crap. Is this the carb flu? What do you do to help get through it?

Grateful_Love 07-26-2013 10:29 AM

When I first started, I struggled with headaches, lack of energy and I really didn't want to eat because I just felt "not good" in general.

I trudged through it, made myself eat "at least something" every couple hours (like a hard boiled egg and string cheese) and drank a TON of water. I'm convinced the water helped the most, and I think that's what a lot of others will say, too.

I haven't really looked into supplements really, but I've read a lot of others that have taken them--maybe look into that. Lots of people talk about just regular salt and pottassium, but I'm not quite sure what they're used for.

Good luck. It lasted about 8 days for me. You'll make it. :-)

Spidermom 07-26-2013 12:06 PM

I sure hope it doesn't last 8 days! I did manage to drink an Atkins shake and took my vitamin. Nothing tastes good. :(

Natalia 07-27-2013 12:13 AM

Broth works the best. You feel fluish due to losing so much sodium and potassium, through your water weight.

Sip on a mug of salty chicken broth with a pat of melted butter stirred in. You will feel way better.

Spidermom 07-27-2013 01:19 PM

Thanks so much! It did help :)

thatphdguy 07-27-2013 02:01 PM

It will get better...
Hang in there!

Natalia 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Yay!!
Stick with it spidermom, you are almost in the zone!

Spidermom 07-27-2013 02:42 PM

I am done 6.6 pounds but it is mostly water!

Natalia 07-27-2013 03:26 PM

6.6!!!!!!
Before you know it, your jeans will be falling down!

Aomiel 07-29-2013 06:49 AM

Stick with it. It goes away...sometimes in a few days...sometimes within 2 weeks. This last time I started it, I never did get that weak, headachy, etc. Then again, I stayed at less than 25gm of carbs and I think induction is 20 so those 5gm might have made the big difference.

Careful with those shakes. They really don't fit well into induction.

portcop01 07-29-2013 01:10 PM

Try salt!

emel 08-01-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidermom (Post 16533443)
I am done 6.6 pounds but it is mostly water!

So what?
That's how we lose. First the cells and the kidney tweak how they do business as we get the carbs out. Then there's a bit of a pause in loss while the body figures out that it gets protein and fat instead of carbs. Then losses pick up, because the body finally figures out that it has to burn fat.

So in my opinion, water weight loss is just as good as any other kind of weight loss because it signals that you
are doing the beginning of your program correctly.