:stars:Ive been doing Low carb way of eating for little over two years. I have lost 90 pounds but 10-12 is creeping. I am under a bunch of stress at work. Aside from doing a little freaking out about these creeping pounds. I originally did Atkins. I try and think how I ate when I first started; Ive lost my mind I think because I struggle to restart. Exercise hasn't always been a part but I was more active until I got this promotion last August. So frustrated!!! Any suggestions?:dunno:
I would go back to induction levels until you get those few pounds off, then go through OWL until you find out how many carbs you can tolerate without gaining.
Keep your net carbs under 20. At least 15 of those from low starch veggies.
Lots of healthy fat.
3 or so oz hard cheese etc
Congrats for nipping it in the bud so quickly! You'll get the weight off in no time!
When I hit plateaus, I research all the possibilities for change. Here is the condensed list to give you options when it occurs to you:
Stalls requiring patience:
- set points are a stable weight from the past.
- fat cells depleted of fat staying alive by refilling with water before dying off
- organ fat being replaced by healthy organ tissue
- loss of inches rather than weight
- fat redistribution to other body parts
Stalls requiring change:
- changed metabolism: more exercise, fewer calories, very low carbs
- increased cortisol: de-stress by separating the problem from your self-worth, sleep more
- check sodium intake levels to see if retaining water
- micro nutrient malnutrition: change foods to vary micro nutrients
- diet homeostasis: 2 day high fiber foods carb up, intermittent eating, calorie cycling up & down, different foods, eliminate particular foods that can cause stalls - nuts, dairy, artificial sweeteners
- exercise homeostasis: am - pm spaced out exercise, vary duration, vary intensity, vary frequency, vary type of exercise, high intensity intermittent training, change % cardio to muscle building,
- fatty liver: lose fat, up omega 3, low carb, more whey protein, more fiber, no sugar, no alcohol, no recreational drugs, limited medicine, few toxins, *less caffeine, less omega 6, (note: fasting can stress the liver as it has to convert so much body material)
- lymphatic system: lymphatic drainage massage, lymphatic dry brushing, compression hosiery, lower sodium, drink lots of water
- thyroid problems: check blood test results
Congratulations for your 90-pound loss...That is amazing.
I would do what Natalia is suggesting and see how it goes...
Good Luck to you and keep us posted!
WTG on the 90 lb loss, and good for you for stopping the weight creep promptly.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 PM.|