Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Nutritional Approach (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/)
-   -   Atkins questions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/807982-atkins-questions.html)

Dariannjackson 07-14-2013 06:12 AM

Atkins questions

Hi! I am in day 10 of atkins and still no weight lost. I know some lose faster than others and my husband says "give it a chance".

I needs some words of wisdom.

I weigh 225 and want to get to 145.

:)

Emily-D 07-14-2013 06:20 AM

Are you following induction exactly as written? Which version of Atkins are you following? If you post a typical day's menu, maybe we can help.

Dariannjackson 07-14-2013 06:36 AM

Hi Emily

Breakfast. 2 eggs and sausage patty (little cheese and franks red hot on eggs)
Lunch. Atkins bar. 2 net carbs
Dinner 1 1/2 bratwurst, fresh greens beans steamed with butter, salad with Walden's dressing on it
Snack. Low carb zucchini fritters ( zucchini, egg, parm cheese, salt, pepper, onions and garlic)

JerseyGyrl 07-14-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dariannjackson (Post 16514248)
Hi Emily

Breakfast. 2 eggs and sausage patty (little cheese and franks red hot on eggs)
Lunch. Atkins bar. 2 net carbs
Dinner 1 1/2 bratwurst, fresh greens beans steamed with butter, salad with Walden's dressing on it
Snack. Low carb zucchini fritters ( zucchini, egg, parm cheese, salt, pepper,onions and garlic)

First thing you want to do is stay away from the Atkins bars. I know the labels say they are "appropriate for Induction"....but....no, they aren't. This article will help you understand why:
Gogle: Marketing Tricks: Net Carbs, Sugar Alcohols, Tricky Portion Sizes
You may want to consider a salad for lunch. Add lots of veggies & some protein to it and use some full fat dressing on it.
I'd also stay away from the Walden's dressing, its made with lots of things you can't pronounce...artificial.
Induction is 20 net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) with 12-15 of those carbs coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
Also make sure you are getting enough fat:)
I hope this helps.

Dariannjackson 07-14-2013 07:43 AM

Thanks jerseygyrl. Which atkins book do you have? If you don't mind me asking

JerseyGyrl 07-14-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dariannjackson (Post 16514342)
Thanks jerseygyrl. Which atkins book do you have? If you don't mind me asking

I follow Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002.
I just celebrated 9 years on Atkins in April:)

Emily-D 07-14-2013 08:16 AM

I agree with Jerseygyrl, but I also think that doesn't sound like much food. You may need to eat a little more. I would look at the carbs in the sausages, as well.

JerseyGyrl 07-14-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily-D (Post 16514381)
I agree with Jerseygyrl, but I also think that doesn't sound like much food. You may need to eat a little more. I would look at the carbs in the sausages, as well.

Agree 100% :up:

cb83 07-15-2013 10:32 PM

Also stay away from processed meats if possible. Unneeded carbs. Try drinking a lot of water, add more fats, and you should be seeing something coming off. You should have lost a little water weight by now I would think....keep track if everything you eat, so you can figure your net carbs.

Good luck!!