Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hockeymom48183
Stats: 227/227/150
Lord give me strength..

Hi everyone

I'm starting the induction phase tomorrow and I'm really hoping I can do this. For the past 3 years, I had been a faithful Weight Watchers member. I'd lost 117lbs and sadly ended up gaining 70lbs back. I've tried many times to get back on track, only to fail miserably and gain even more weight.

I'm no stranger to Atkins. Years ago I had great success and lost 60lbs but decided not to make it a complete lifestyle change. I gained every pound back and then some. This time I'm ready to make it work, I HAVE to. 2 weeks ago my mom passed away from heart disease. She was only 59 and it was a real wakeup call for me.

Ready to rockout!
Hockeymom48183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm so sorry for your recent loss. What a horrible thing to be dealing with. It's all so fresh for you and yet you are ready to tackle what you need to in order to have a better fate than your Mom had. God bless you on your journey. I know what it feels like to have lost lots of weight and then gain most of it back. I find myself feeling like the lbs I'm losing this time around don't count as much as they did the first time and that's just mind game hog wash. Don't fall for those lies that we hear in the inner recesses of our minds.

You can do this. If you find Atkins isn't something you want to continue with, then switch to another plan. Don't just jump ship and go back to old eating patterns. Skip from plan to plan if you need to in order to keep from getting bored. But KEEP GOING.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, that must be so hard for you. We'll be here to support you.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, that must be so hard for you. We'll be here to support you.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
I know the pain and urgency you are feeling. My father died at 65. His weight was a major factor in his death( cardiac, plus diabetic issues) I turned 42 this year' which is the same age he had his first heart attack. I have also lost a lot and regained and have finally accepted that my weight and my carb sensitivity( some would call it addiction) is very real and is something I will always have to be aware and proactive about.....the good thing is I am taking those steps....and so are you...we are here for ya hockeymom!
(mini goal 9/1-185
(mini goal 10/1-175)
(mini goal 11/1-165)
(Mini goal12/1- 155)
New years goal 145!
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote