Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
accountability and encouragement

Hey there. I need some accountability and encouragement partners. Those wise and tough and kind enough to say a"lavajane..your slipping ...get back on the wagon". And I promise to be that for others too. Not new to dieting, LC or this site but it has been a good while since I last posted. Quick run down about me. I started hcg drops last july and dropped from 265 to 190 doing 4 rounds. It worked and I'm glad I did it but after several failed 5th rounds I am just not ready to go back to the restrictiveness of hcg.
I am very carb sensitive and after maintaining very well for a couple months fell into a carb binge two weeks ago and have gainedback 11#.( I'm a sugar feak I tell ya!--evil stuff). I am trying to set new "unfood" goals like a coiuch to 5k. Now that the flor
da summer heat is here its really going to take some resolve!
Even as I sit here one side of my brain is saying "make some eggs and bacon and get started"'
The other is saying" its the last day of the holiday weekend...finish off that chocolate coolwhip frosting( yes I'm twisted enough to just eat plain frosting for the sugar kick. Its pretty bad"
Deciding rigght!now...there is always a reason to start tomorrow, so I am starting today! Here is my plan:

B: bacon and eggs 'coffee
Makking a broccolli salad, doing the grill thing, prepping some parmy chickem legs...I'll let ya know what I come up with!
(mini goal 9/1-185
(mini goal 10/1-175)
(mini goal 11/1-165)
(Mini goal12/1- 155)
New years goal 145!
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I have decided on baking up some parmesan chicken legs. Broccoli slaw for the green stuff. I may do some kind of soup in the crock pot. I bought some asparagus ,broccoli and tomato on quick sale and need to do something with them before they go bad. I thought maybe just a ground burger soup...since that really what I have out and unthawed. Looked in the freezer and I still have some LC stuffed peppers I made last week. That will give me a few meals. I'll cook up a side of rice for the dh and ds.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

lordy lordy, spent the day at mom in laws pool . Managed to get the broccoli salad made. But ended up caving in to some of her southern cooking. Sigh...not even one day!....so I have my chix legs in the oven . Cheese and broccoli salad packed for tomorrow. Also have some chromium picolinate to help with sugar cravings. Back to a work schedule tomorrow. that will help.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Good planning helps, so I'm glad to see you're doing some kitchen prep work.

Soup--- chicken broth. a tiny bit of onion (less than 1/4 cup for me-- it's a bit carby). celery, a little thyme and a bay leaf. Simmer those 15 min, then add broccoli, then asparagus a couple minutes later. Simmer 10-20 min more. adjust salt and pepper.

Now, you can puree some of the soft stuff to thicken it up some (I like to reserve some of the veggie chunks un-pureed, for texture. Add some heavy cream and take out a cup or so of the soup. Whisk an egg yolk or two and slowly mix it with the slightly cooled cup of soup. Stir well, take the pot off the heat, and slowly whisk in the egg yolk mixture---it will thicken it some more.

Bonus points for tossing some sliced mushrooms (cooked separately or canned and drained), and then slicing up leftover chicken or meat into your bowl when you serve it.

The end of the pot makes a nice sauce for another meal's protein choice---just slowly simmer it down a little.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Vert interesting emel, I've never heard of using te egg in the soup like that! I will try that tonight. Oes it thicken it like it does pudding? Or cook like an egg drop soup?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

plan of attack( and defense)

B: bacon, eggs, coffee
L: parmesan chicken legs, broccolli salad
D: stuffed peppers, (emel inspired) soup.
Snacks: sharp cheddar, broccolli salad, extra chicken legs

Off I go
Old 07-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
Please tell me you threw out the frosting.

Since you know what to do, just spend the first few days cleaning up the diet, getting the junk out, then you will be ready to hit it hard.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Lol! Yes the frosting is in the garbage...and since I reŕlly understand my sickness I actually scraped it from the container and threw last nights coffee grounds on it so therč will be no search and salvage missions.

Slight headache so I am warding of with some ibu....has to be expected with the massive amounts of sugar I have ingested over the last few days....ok, 2 weeks. Ok off to make some soup.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Tonights Soup creation:

Sauteed half onion and quarter of a small head of cabbage, tbsp garlic in a combo of butter and olive oil. ,.set aside once translucent. Then sautee chopped (1/2 bag frozen)cauliflour and 1# turkey burger in a little olive oil. Drop pieces of cream cheese into this mixture til its all melty goodness. Add the onion cabbage mix back in and then add enough chix broth to desired thickness.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.4# this morning. Thank goodness for the u-turn! My clothes are getting grotesquely(sp? ) snug. All the lumps and bumps are showing. Got jury duty notice for next week plus the boss wants to send me to a facility in jacksonville for a couple days to get them trained.....sigh....that's three hours away which means I will have to put out $$ that we really don't have to spend. I'll get it back in two or three weeks but my husband is having a fit. Its lot for us to front right now. Higher ups don't get that though. It is good that they have confidence to send me.

Todays plan of attack:
B: Bacon and fried egg scramble( which means one of my yolks busted!l but it was good anyway
L: parmy chicken legs and last of broccoli salad.
D: creamy turkey burger cabbage soup I made last night
Snacks: sharp cheddar and soup
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavajane View Post
Vert interesting emel, I've never heard of using te egg in the soup like that! I will try that tonight. Oes it thicken it like it does pudding? Or cook like an egg drop soup?
it thickens a lot like corn starch or flour would, so it just thickens the broth up. not puddingish. You may have had it without knowing it at nice restaurants, especially in cream of mushroom soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavajane View Post
Lol! Yes the frosting is in the garbage...and since I reŕlly understand my sickness I actually scraped it from the container and threw last nights coffee grounds on it so therč will be no search and salvage missions.

Slight headache so I am warding of with some ibu....has to be expected with the massive amounts of sugar I have ingested over the last few days....ok, 2 weeks. Ok off to make some soup.
2 cup salted broth or salt everything heavily, or both.
magnesium and potassium supplements are a good idea too.
Heart/blood pressure patients, check with your doctor.

We burn through lots of sodium as we move to fat burning instead of carb burning. The magnesium is to thwart muscle cramps. Potassium supplement to make sure we're not robbing muscle tissue of its potassium, as it is hard to get adequate potassium from LC food plan.
emel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

believe it or not I have a all-in-one pill magnesium, pottasium and zinc supplements on the shelf! I'll try it!?
Today is my "tired day" . I was good but am napping now that I am home from work.

I freaked some people out today when I explained what and how a binge looks like. I guess I kinda thought most people have food issues ike this but from the jaws I saw sitting on the ground after I explained what I ate I guess not. I had to laugh. This is me, though. It is part of my physiological and chemical makeup. Its why one cookie just is not acceptable. One of my friends who is always giving me a hard time about not eating the sweets ßhe brrings in actually apologized for being so food-pushy. She was very sincere. It was sweet.

My best friend for12 years, who was also my "fat friend" had the gastric sleeve last june is nearing her goal weight. She will be having plastic surgery to remove skin. She looks and feels Great. We have been very open and candid about how it affects our friendship..we also work together...sometimes I feel ŕlone because I no longer have anyone that understands that pull...although she never had the sugar issue like me...of food. She does not struggle with it at all. I ...in an effort not to be the fat friend" found some success in the hcg program. But even then I still have to be very disciplined. Sometimes I get resentful that she can have whatever she wants and is able to stop after a few bites.....sigh...sorry , I guess this is whiney day too!lol!

Well I just made some chocolate fat bombs. Gonna have one with my coffee.....sip and enjoy...thanks for listening
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

199.8 today. Must have been the cabbage soup and fat bombs!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mischale
Stats: 203.8/203.8/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Lavajane!

I will join you - our weight is right next to each other and our goal is the same! I like how you put your goals down - gosh won't that be nice to be 145 by New years! I am even happy to see 165 around Thanksgiving!

I am sure I can research it but what are choc fat bombs?

This is my weight for this month so far - it did got up as high as 205...and I am only 5'2" so imagine that! ugggg

Start weight 203.8. My goal for this month is 195.
July 1 203.8
July 2 203.8
July 3 201.8
July 4 - weighed in but forgot to post
July 5 200.8
July 6-9 - on vaca
July 10 - 198.6