Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AuburnNurse
Stats: 353/in progress/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/10/12, restart 5/6/13
Stalling

So I know that some people know that certain foods hinder/ stall weight loss. But about stalling itself-- if you push through, will you still lose, stalling or not? For instance, if eating cheese were to stall me, instead of stopping or decreasing my regular intake of it, will my body adjust and continue to lose if I'm patient? Or am I just out of luck if I continue on with my stall inducing food?
AuburnNurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
probably a REAL stall means you are eating too much. it will never stop being too much.

often it's just a plateau and you are still losing, in which case hanging in there makes sense. only one way to find out!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
If you think cheese is stalling your weight loss, and you're really not willing to give it up... look for something else you can cut back on. Maybe keep the cheese but reduce your protein or added fat portions.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyAZ
Stats: 132/132/122
Start Date: November 2007
I've been stalled for 45 days and actually weigh 2 pounds more today than when I started my 30 day induction at the beginning of April. Maybe I'm eating too much? I was planning on cutting out cream, limiting cheese and eliminating the small amounts of nuts, berries and wine I had been enjoying.

Maybe I should just eat less but that is not consistent with Dr. Atkins writings.
CrazyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Nuts, berries and wine are not on Atkins induction list . . . if you want to be consistent.

If you want to follow induction, I suggest following it to the letter. After a few more weeks without a loss you can then consider eliminating cheese, for example, but start by getting rid of the wine, nuts and berries.

Last edited by Patience; 06-21-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
And cheese is not unlimited. Cream is not unlimited. There are carbs in these... plus the Induction rules limit them.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyAZ
Stats: 132/132/122
Start Date: November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Nuts, berries and wine are not on Atkins induction list . . . if you want to be consistent.

If you want to follow induction, I suggest following it to the letter. After a few more weeks without a loss you can then consider eliminating cheese, for example, but start by getting rid of the wine, nuts and berries.

^^^that would be great advice if I were still in the 30 days of induction, which I ended at the end of April. Since it is nearly July, I'm no longer in induction phase.
CrazyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AuburnNurse
Stats: 353/in progress/199
Start Date: 9/10/12, restart 5/6/13
Thank you for all the responses! I've read a number of posts about stalling lately, so I wanted to know... then when I saw my scale go up a pound during my weekly WI, I started to freak out and rehash my intake. But I dropped 3 more, so I will heed all advice! I love this forum.
AuburnNurse is offline   Reply With Quote