Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenabee333
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/2013
Foie Gras on Induction?

I know that foie gras has 2 effective grams of carbs and LOTS of fat. I'm trying to eat a little less protein and more fat. Do you think that a slice of foie gras every other day would be ok for induction. I have a piece that I just removed from the freezer that I'd like to have a go at. Any thoughts?
Jenabee333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Start Date: April 2014
I've never eaten it, but it sounds like the perfect Atkins food.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
Well, aren't you fancy! As I sit here with my pork rinds.

It sounds like perfect induction food.
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenabee333
Start Date: 3/18/2013
I just happened to have part of a lobe from 2 Christmasses ago in the freezer. It had to be eaten. I can't find pork rinds in my area. Once in a while they have them at 7-11, but there isn't one that's close to me.
I made a shoulder roast in the slow cooker yesterday and carved off the skin for home made pork rinds... yum.
Jenabee333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: highvibes
Stats: 225/212/145
WOE: Primal-ish
Start Date: March 2013
I eat about 65% of my calories from fat. Have been since March 8th and I've lost 13lbs so far. i'd say you're absolutely fine and it'll keep you satiated.
highvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susanpmi
Stats: 134/132/125 5'4"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: July 2005
Highvibes, I am interested in hearing more about your plan. I have been trying to lower my carbs to bare minimum and up fat. I have not lost much since beginning this plan. Do you ever go out to eat? Every time I do, I gain, even though I am trying so hard to stick to plan. It is like the chefs in the back are plotting against me, hiding carbs in every item, even though it looks acceptable. I would love to get some input from you on the kinds of foods you have been eating - favorites, go-to's, menus - everything!
Susanpmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: highvibes
Stats: 225/212/145
WOE: Primal-ish
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanpmi View Post
Highvibes, I am interested in hearing more about your plan. I have been trying to lower my carbs to bare minimum and up fat. I have not lost much since beginning this plan. Do you ever go out to eat? Every time I do, I gain, even though I am trying so hard to stick to plan. It is like the chefs in the back are plotting against me, hiding carbs in every item, even though it looks acceptable. I would love to get some input from you on the kinds of foods you have been eating - favorites, go-to's, menus - everything!
Most mornings I eat bacon cooked, UNcrispy and use the fat to fry up 2 eggs. I put some raspberries on the side and call breakfast done. For snack I eat "fat bombs" which I make out of coconut oil, butter, almond butter and Truvia. Lunch I usually eat either pan fried fish like salmon or sole with butter, garlic and lemon on top of a caesar salad. Tonight I'm having taco salad where I put about 1C ground taco beef on top of lettuce with sour cream, salsa, cheese and guacamole. When I go to a restaurant I typically order a grilled chicken or salmon caesar (I know, exciting lol) or a fat cut steak with asparagus etc. I found that while eating clean on Atkins I was not getting ENOUGH calories, or I would get it by eating too much protein which also isn't great for weight loss. Having my fat at 65% of my calories allows me to get enough protein to repair and build muscle and having an abundance of fat means I don't crave crappy carbs. Everybody wins! lol
highvibes is offline   Reply With Quote