Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Nutritional Approach (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/)
-   -   Foie Gras on Induction? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/801187-foie-gras-induction.html)

Jennybee 04-03-2013 02:31 PM

Foie Gras on Induction?

I know that foie gras has 2 effective grams of carbs and LOTS of fat. I'm trying to eat a little less protein and more fat. Do you think that a slice of foie gras every other day would be ok for induction. I have a piece that I just removed from the freezer that I'd like to have a go at. Any thoughts?

cfine 04-03-2013 03:04 PM

I've never eaten it, but it sounds like the perfect Atkins food.

peretroika 04-08-2013 03:44 AM

Well, aren't you fancy! As I sit here with my pork rinds.

:) It sounds like perfect induction food.

Jennybee 04-08-2013 05:30 AM

I just happened to have part of a lobe from 2 Christmasses ago in the freezer. It had to be eaten. I can't find pork rinds in my area. Once in a while they have them at 7-11, but there isn't one that's close to me.
I made a shoulder roast in the slow cooker yesterday and carved off the skin for home made pork rinds... yum.

highvibes 04-08-2013 05:14 PM

I eat about 65% of my calories from fat. Have been since March 8th and I've lost 13lbs so far. i'd say you're absolutely fine and it'll keep you satiated.

Susanpmi 04-09-2013 06:47 AM

Highvibes, I am interested in hearing more about your plan. I have been trying to lower my carbs to bare minimum and up fat. I have not lost much since beginning this plan. Do you ever go out to eat? Every time I do, I gain, even though I am trying so hard to stick to plan. It is like the chefs in the back are plotting against me, hiding carbs in every item, even though it looks acceptable. I would love to get some input from you on the kinds of foods you have been eating - favorites, go-to's, menus - everything!

highvibes 04-09-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanpmi (Post 16362832)
Highvibes, I am interested in hearing more about your plan. I have been trying to lower my carbs to bare minimum and up fat. I have not lost much since beginning this plan. Do you ever go out to eat? Every time I do, I gain, even though I am trying so hard to stick to plan. It is like the chefs in the back are plotting against me, hiding carbs in every item, even though it looks acceptable. I would love to get some input from you on the kinds of foods you have been eating - favorites, go-to's, menus - everything!

Most mornings I eat bacon cooked, UNcrispy and use the fat to fry up 2 eggs. I put some raspberries on the side and call breakfast done. For snack I eat "fat bombs" which I make out of coconut oil, butter, almond butter and Truvia. Lunch I usually eat either pan fried fish like salmon or sole with butter, garlic and lemon on top of a caesar salad. Tonight I'm having taco salad where I put about 1C ground taco beef on top of lettuce with sour cream, salsa, cheese and guacamole. When I go to a restaurant I typically order a grilled chicken or salmon caesar (I know, exciting lol) or a fat cut steak with asparagus etc. I found that while eating clean on Atkins I was not getting ENOUGH calories, or I would get it by eating too much protein which also isn't great for weight loss. Having my fat at 65% of my calories allows me to get enough protein to repair and build muscle and having an abundance of fat means I don't crave crappy carbs. Everybody wins! lol