Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Nutritional Approach (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/)
-   -   Help epic fail I don't understand (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/799627-help-epic-fail-i-dont-understand.html)

Penguine69 03-18-2013 05:20 AM

Help epic fail I don't understand

Ok so I follow diet religiously check keytones every day. Well Saturday night I had 3 mich ultras with friends. I entered them in my carb counter app. Only 28 carbs for the whole day. Next morning I checked keytones and was in light. I made sure I was busy and did 18 carbs. This morning I check and was dark purple however scale moved up 1.5 lbs. what happened?

Punkin 03-18-2013 06:07 AM

Sounds like glycogen and water storage. But you are back in ketosis, so I guess it didn't have any negative consequences.

Penguine69 03-18-2013 07:21 AM

Thanks I'll never do that agian. 3 beers= loose 3 days progress. Depressed cause I'll miss beer. I love to have 1 or 2 from time to time but I don't want to ruin progress agian.

cfine 03-18-2013 02:27 PM

Just think of it this way:beer is something you can't have RIGHT NOW, but in the future. That keeps my brain from whigging out and having a horrible binge.

Penguine69 03-20-2013 06:28 AM

I am so frustrated I apologize for a long message but I am lost as what to do. Ok so 4 nights ago I messed up and drank 3 mic ultras total gain 2.5 lbs even though still showing light pink keytones. Here is what I'm eating.
I have 1 shake (Atkins) 1 cereal bar (atkins) 2 hard boiled eggs. 3 oz lunch meat road beef. 1 cheese stick motzerella. For dinner 4-6 oz meat lean and 1 cup of any approved veggies.
I try to keep calorie count 1500 or lower. I've cut caffeine down to 12 oz coffee only using 1 tbs. of non dairy creamer. Then I just drink water. I lost the 1st 10 lbs rather quickly but I've been at almost a stand still for 2 weeks and haven't changed anything. HELP

lterry913 03-20-2013 08:59 AM

The Atkins products even tho atkins approved will cause some to stall due to sugar alcohols, especially malitol...try finding a shake you can make yourself and ditch the bars. Find a bar or snack you can make with no malitol.

After eliminating those 2 things you will probably do better...I am very sensative to malitol it stalls me and make me have all kinds of tummy trouble.

Penguine69 03-20-2013 10:12 AM

You my friend are genius. That's the only thing I added is the shakes. 2 weeks ago they were buy 1 get one so I bought 4/4 packs. I've always kept the bars in my purse for emergency. I also noticed tummy issues but disregarded them. I will do without the shakes for now and see what happens. Thank you so much!

raindroproses 03-20-2013 09:22 PM

Yes!! Definitely quit those shakes... they stalled me, made me gain about 3 pounds recently, and kicked me out of ketosis entirely :annoyed: I know it's got to be the malitol because sucralose on its own doesn't do that to me. And I know it's got to be the shakes, because it was the only new addition to my diet before the stall/gain happened, and since removing them from my diet entirely and making my own shakes I'm back in ketosis and starting to lose again :)

Penguine69 03-21-2013 05:26 AM

Thanks so much yesterday I skipped shake and down 2 lbs whoot whoot.13 lbs down that's 52 sticks of butter baby.

raindroproses 03-21-2013 11:20 PM

That's great! Congratulations :clap:

Penguine69 03-27-2013 11:24 AM

A quick update since stopping shakes I'm down 4.5 more lbs. yeah