Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OverIt25
Stats: 322/230/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 15th 2012
New here.

But not new to low carb.
I've done Atkins several times and always managed to lose between 40-50 pounds and then I would give up and gain it all back and more. Between poor eating and not exercising I worked my way up to 322 by the age of 23.
I finally decided enough was enough and started Atkins again. This time I've managed to lose over 70 pounds. I'm at 245.6 pounds right now - My lowest adult weight ever. I'm really enjoying my weight loss and all the new things I can do and wear.
The diet part has stuck but the exercise part is so/so. I work out hard. Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred (3 days a week) and walking 10 miles a day to a Leslie Sansone video at 5mph (5 days a week). I did this most of January but fell off the bandwagon at the beginning of February. I started again today, very determined and hopefully it will stick.
I also have several mental and physical illnesses that have kept me disabled the past few years but I've been feeling better lately so hopefully there is a job in my future.
Anyway, I'm new here so I wanted to introduce myself and let y'all know a little about me. If you have any questions just ask, and I hope to see y'all around!
OverIt25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
Hello. I've recently come back to Atkins and to LCF Congrats on the 70 pounds! I have no idea how much weight I have lost since I started 11/30 I don't own a scale and haven't been to the doctors since 2 weeks before I started back on Atkins. I HAVE however lost 6 inches off my waist.

I also have not been following Atkins very well for the past 6 weeks, since starting a new job. So I came back here to find some support and nummy recipes to help. I was super excited about my job, Newspaper delivery. Two hours every morning of walking, stairs and throwing things is great exercise. But I was SO hungry when I started, and SOOO tired that I started eating whatever was easy. (although I avoid gluten like the plague cause it makes me so ill.} I'm still losing weight {inches} but I know that is slowing as I adjust to the exercise.
I also have a strained knee that I have to be careful with, so I can't really amp up the speed at which I do my job yet. I have begun stretching {per a physical therapist} and am resuming Yoga today. But it will take some time for my tendons and ligaments to adjust to exercise like this.

I have problems with depression and have always found that Atkins helps with this. I have also found that it helps with my allergy symptoms. A lot of my health problems cleared up when I stopped eating gluten a year ago {IBS, Severe foot pain, Chronic sinus infections, and my asthma improved dramatically}

So welcome again, and I look forward to seeing you around
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Welcome back...this time for good
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member