Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Gallery: Trisha555
Please help me get out of this diet!!

i have been on induction for 6 weeks and lost only 3/4lbs. also i have been stalled for a week and a half now. i dont want to be in this low carb dieting anymore,i dont care for it because this is something i can not do long term..low carbing is just not for me.. the low calorie diet just worked best for me and i lost the weight much faster.

i still have 15 lbs to lose for my goal weight i am 142 lbs now and 5'4 tall

how the hell am i going to get out of this without gaining all the weight ? i really wanna switch diets
Trisha555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Maybe you should check out the JUDDD forum here. Some people do low carb JUDDD but a lot don't.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Gallery: Trisha555
Ooh JUDDD really does seem interesting, i would give it a go..

still wonder how i should start though, im afraid of weight gain so much..can i just switch up to JUDDD from being in induction for 6weeks and still lose weight? i have a wedding to go to in over 6weeks,my whole family who i have not seen for a whole year is going to be there,my dad been bragging about my weight loss hahaha now i dont wanna be all fat at the wedding.. that and my goal was to be thin for the summer
Trisha555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha555 View Post
Ooh JUDDD really does seem interesting, i would give it a go..

still wonder how i should start though, im afraid of weight gain so much..can i just switch up to JUDDD from being in induction for 6weeks and still lose weight? i have a wedding to go to in over 6weeks,my whole family who i have not seen for a whole year is going to be there,my dad been bragging about my weight loss hahaha now i dont wanna be all fat at the wedding.. that and my goal was to be thin for the summer
I would say to post this question over in the JUDDD subforum. They are the experts. Good luck!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
.
 
ravenrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 9,668
Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
if you only lost 3/4 lb, what weight are you expecting to regain? if you lost weight fast during the first two weeks, you will regain that when you start eating carbs again. that's the "Atkin's loan" and it's just physiology. you never really LOST that fat, it was just a (for you temporary) benefit of eating low carb. good luck.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
lterry913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,965
Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
[QUOTE=ravenrose;16263581]if you only lost 3/4 lb, what weight are you expecting to regain? if you lost weight fast during the first two weeks, you will regain that when you start eating carbs again. that's the "Atkin's loan" and it's just physiology. you never really LOST that fat, it was just a (for you temporary) benefit of eating low carb. good luck.

I was thinking the same thing
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,296
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha555 View Post
i have been on induction for 6 weeks and lost only 3/4lbs. also i have been stalled for a week and a half now. i dont want to be in this low carb dieting anymore,i dont care for it because this is something i can not do long term..low carbing is just not for me.. the low calorie diet just worked best for me and i lost the weight much faster.

i still have 15 lbs to lose for my goal weight i am 142 lbs now and 5'4 tall

how the hell am i going to get out of this without gaining all the weight ? i really wanna switch diets
Yeah, I can't do complete low, low carbs. I can cut back some and try to use some lowcarb products and cut out the sugar. Just can't do just meat, cheese, green beans, and lettuce for so long. lol Am currently attempting JUDDD.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Wrong thread
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 914
Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Its strange because the first time I tried a diet, very similar to atkins, I couldn't stay on it for longer than a week. I felt sick all the time and couldn't stand eating meat and a LC veggie all day long. I ended up going back on a higher carb, low calorie diet. Through sheer willpower I lost 40lbs that way but it was horrible every step of the way. Then when I got to goal, and returned to normal eating, I started to gain the fat back. It was impossible to maintain.

I eventually went to atkins to get help with weight maintenance. Atkins basically helps keep me from overeating and my body from storing fat instead of using fat for energy. That is why I like atkins. It also helps me with my carb addiction. Carb addiction is a serious problem for me. I can get cravings which cause me to overeat. Since I have been on atkins I don't feel like eating when I am not hungry and all the mindless snacking and out of control bingeing is gone. These things were always a struggle on a higher carb diet.

Having said that though, when I say atkins, it might not be what people traditionally think of atkins. For example I only eat 1 egg in the morning and about 100g of meat at dinner for protein. The rest of my food energy comes from LC veggies (lettuce, cauliflower, zucchini, bok choy, alfafa, celery) smothered in fatty, LC cream sauces. I sometimes put cheese in my sauces but I stick to the hard cheeses because they are lower in carbs. This WOE of eating keeps me satiated and low calorie that I don't gain weight.

I think the key to any diet, is satiation. In my case, I need the fat but have to keep the carbs out. Carbs for me ends up feeding my carb addiction and perpetuates the cycle of overeating. You will probably have to experiment to find out what is going to work with you.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member
 
dynaMOna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 26
Gallery: dynaMOna
Stats: 314/?/260
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
I eventually went to atkins to get help with weight maintenance. Atkins basically helps keep me from overeating and my body from storing fat instead of using fat for energy. That is why I like atkins. It also helps me with my carb addiction. Carb addiction is a serious problem for me. I can get cravings which cause me to overeat. Since I have been on atkins I don't feel like eating when I am not hungry and all the mindless snacking and out of control bingeing is gone. These things were always a struggle on a higher carb diet.
I too have a major problem with carb addiction, especially sugary carbs. I am a bit frustrated since I've been doing a low carb "diet" since January, but haven't lost any weight. I have gone back and read Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002), properly started induction 4 days ago, and am hoping for some results.

I can feel for the original poster of this thread, it's beyond frustrating to feel as if I have been making a lifestyle change and not getting results. However, in my case, I haven't been bingeing on french fries and sugary carbs, and haven't been actively gaining, so at least that's positive.
dynaMOna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
avid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: treasure coast
Posts: 1,131
Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
I don't know how much fat the op had when starting induction, or what her diet was before......but I can't imagine an overweight person, eating a typical carb rich diet
NOT losing significant weight if truly eating <20 carbs a day.
Has Dr. Atkins ever commented on how some people will just not lose on induction?
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
I don't know how much fat the op had when starting induction, or what her diet was before......but I can't imagine an overweight person, eating a typical carb rich diet
NOT losing significant weight if truly eating <20 carbs a day.
Has Dr. Atkins ever commented on how some people will just not lose on induction?
My DH did not lose on strict Atkins 72 induction about a year ago. In November he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism. After he started metformin for the diabetes and tried LC again he started to lose. They are now finally starting treatment for the hypothyroidism as well and hopefully that will help additionally.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
avid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: treasure coast
Posts: 1,131
Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
My DH did not lose on strict Atkins 72 induction about a year ago. In November he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism. After he started metformin for the diabetes and tried LC again he started to lose. They are now finally starting treatment for the hypothyroidism as well and hopefully that will help additionally.
AHA!!! Now that makes sense!
I'm sorry to hear that your DH has serious medical issues, but it would explain what IMHO should be a metabolic certainty, namely that an otherwise healthy but overweight person who eats a typical carb loaded daily diet WILL lose a significant amount of weight if eathing <20 grams of carbs a day for two weeks. I hope the op sees this. Perhaps she needs to see an MD for some testing before pursuing ANY diet or lifestyle changes.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
AHA!!! Now that makes sense!
I'm sorry to hear that your DH has serious medical issues, but it would explain what IMHO should be a metabolic certainty, namely that an otherwise healthy but overweight person who eats a typical carb loaded daily diet WILL lose a significant amount of weight if eathing <20 grams of carbs a day for two weeks. I hope the op sees this. Perhaps she needs to see an MD for some testing before pursuing ANY diet or lifestyle changes.
I think part of the issue with the OP is she is 5'4" and weighed 142 lbs. when she posted, so it may be harder for her to lose. And at that weight calorie restriction likely plays more of an issue in weight loss.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.