Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jeannine
help

I am on the atkins diet but I am struggling to loss wieght I heard that pop was really bad on this diet is that true and if any one has some tips for me let me know I have been eating I thought what I should but have seen no results jeannine
jeannine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sillyme
Stats: 328/174.2/150
WOE: Atkins for the first 100 now hHCG
Start Date: Jan 2/07- restart Sept 2010
Hey Jeannine are you on Atkins or HCG? This forum is for HCG but there is an Atkins forum as well.

As far as pop, i do drink it occasionally however knowing that it steals it makes your blood steal calcium from your bones to make your body alkaline again keeps me away from it pretty well. Also the aspartame, bad stuff.

Even knowing that i still may have 3 or 4 glasses a year.
sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Maybe you should post what you are eating...are you following Atkins...try pop sweetened with only sucralose/splenda and see if you notice a difference...only way to know is if you try a different pop or eliminate it. If you lose then you know it was the problem...that is what this way of eating is all about...learning what our bodies can tolerate.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
Hey Jeannine are you on Atkins or HCG? This forum is for HCG but there is an Atkins forum as well.

As far as pop, i do drink it occasionally however knowing that it steals it makes your blood steal calcium from your bones to make your body alkaline again keeps me away from it pretty well. Also the aspartame, bad stuff.

So there's no confusion: I moved this because she accidentally posted it in the middle of an HCG forum thread
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I don't think sugar free soda really impacts losing weight on atkins, but it't not very good for you. Colas and other dark colored ones are the worst, and aspartame is really not good either. if you are going to drink it, better to have a lighter one like lemon lime or orange and splenda or stevia sweetened.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyme View Post

I believe the calcium thing is only the dark colored ones, notably Colas.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kitnmom
Stats: 235/198/160ish again
WOE: Atkins, Love that man!
Start Date: September 15, 2003
i am a soda addict, and i have never had a problem losing with it. No it isn't great for you but, neither is being fat so if it keeps me on plan i am gonna go with it!
kitnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I've lost more than 100 pounds with a combo of Atkins and HCG and I drink about 3 diet sodas a day. More when on P2.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy210T
Stats: 194/163/150
WOE: Atkins, baby!
I'd eliminate soda and diet soda completely if you are on a weight loss plan until you are really in a losing groove. Some can lose while still drinking it, others will gain. After you're losing on a regular basis, maybe add back in one or two here and there if you cant live without it, but regular or diet, are terrible for you and splenda is the worst.
Diet soda is linked to increasing your chances of stroke, diabetes, tooth decay and loss of bone density, plus the caramel coloring has been linked to cancer.
We only have soda on rare occasions like dining out and try to stick to Crystal Light with stevia only or filtered water the rest of the time..
Sodas, diet or regular cause my weight loss to slow way down.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by Tracy210T; 02-10-2013 at 01:15 PM..
Tracy210T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
If you really like pop, I suggest using club soda to make a LC float. I don't know how sensitive to carbs you are, but you could experiment with coconut milk, almond milk, or heavy cream. With maybe a tbsn of almond butter or pure vanilla extract as well. Artificial foods contain chemicals which can aggravate your metabolism. Its mainly because the body recognizes them as toxic substances. The body tends to want to do one of two things with them, excrete them in your urine or store them in your bodyfat. If it chooses the latter, is isn't going to help encourage weight loss.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote