Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AubernBear
Day 6 of induction (not heavily strict)

Hello,

I'm on day 6, i don't feel hungry, i'm constipated and both my urine and breath stinks - it reads like ketosis and for that i'm happy... however, i am really achey - to a point where my body hurts, is this standard?

Cheers and thanks for all the useful information.
AubernBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
there's lots of cure for constipation, some people recommend magnesium supplements before bed, some use flax in muffins, or chia seeds they make a pudding with. Also, using coconut oil and upping your fats in general will help.

I'm not sure about the aches, but, broth seems to be the low carb cure for everything. Getting enough sodium is important with this way of eating. Also, potassium. I'm not expert, but those are the things I see recommended most often for the general ailments that come with switching to a low carb lifestyle.

This is the standard muffin recipe I use:

1/4 cup ground flax
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp oil or butter
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 egg

Mix together in a large mug, microwave for 60 seconds. Tip out, let cool slightly. cut in half, and spread with peanut butter, cream cheese, or butter. It's really yummy, and great toasted too, especially if you make it in a wide bottom square container like bread. You can basically switch out the cinnamon and sweetener for any flavoring or spices you want, liquid or powder, I haven't found anything changes the texture much, unless you use part flax and part some other flour, or oat fiber, which works really well.

Good luck!!

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote