Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Yep, I buy Braggs. I still use it and assume it must provide some benefit. I make salad dressing with it, and stuff like that.

I just finished a month long cleanse, that started with a 5 day fast(!) and an intestinal cleanse, then each week you focused on different body systems, like the lymph, and the blood, etc. It really helped with a new resurgence I had with the candida, and now I'm continuing with diet control and herbal antifungals.
sounds like a great plan! 5 day fast you are strong, very strong! I'm in awe! Hope everything gets under control for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I am a migraine sufferer and I take Motrin or Tylenol in great qty. I also take Naproxin. I am having trouble losing and I wonder, now, if this is one of the reasons.

I did Dr.'s Eades "Cure for the Middle Aged Middle" which requires you to stop all pain meds you can and when I did that there was some weight loss. 8 lbs in two weeks. Not bad I guess. At the time I was not happy; considering that I was just living off of shakes for two weeks. But, perhaps it had more to do with giving up the stressors to the liver.

I will try to stop pain meds for two weeks, without changing anything else, and see if that helps move the scale or measuring tape.

Thanks for the idea. Although, if I get a migraine, all bets are off! LOL!
I get migraines too. I just got off Topamax which pretty much stopped all of my migraines. Next time I get one I'm going to drink cream of tartar. A friend of mine swears by it. She was told to do this by an older lady and my friend says it makes it go away fast. She has taken everything under the sun for migraines but now only does this. I figure it won't hurt to try..
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I am a migraine sufferer and I take Motrin or Tylenol in great qty. I also take Naproxin. I am having trouble losing and I wonder, now, if this is one of the reasons.

I did Dr.'s Eades "Cure for the Middle Aged Middle" which requires you to stop all pain meds you can and when I did that there was some weight loss. 8 lbs in two weeks. Not bad I guess. At the time I was not happy; considering that I was just living off of shakes for two weeks. But, perhaps it had more to do with giving up the stressors to the liver.

I will try to stop pain meds for two weeks, without changing anything else, and see if that helps move the scale or measuring tape.

Thanks for the idea. Although, if I get a migraine, all bets are off! LOL!
Wow Buttercup, I'm sorry for the migraines, I get them occasionally, but my mom suffers from them a lot.

You know, it's funny, part of the reason I got such a horrendous outbreak of candida was a year and a half ago when the Eades 'Cure for the Middle Aged Middle' came out. I followed it, and it was all those whey protein shakes that made my candida FLAME into life! It was a nightmare. I've never had dandruff in my life, and all of a sudden it was like my head was snowing! I got these TERRIBLE lesions all over my face and other parts of my body, my skin was dry and flaking off in big flakes. I could go on and on with the symptoms. I had to get really drastic to get it under control. I was on SEVEN courses of antifungal prescription med (there's only one available, can you believe that?) I read and followed the candida "book" we have going in the 2 threads we have here.

I hope you are able to find a way to get relief from your migraine issues without stalling your weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
sounds like a great plan! 5 day fast you are strong, very strong! I'm in awe! Hope everything gets under control for ya
Hey Star73! I just responded to a post of yours in my thread about Aarti.

I assure you I'm mostly a big wimp , but my candida was revving up again, and I was willing to do just about ANYTHING to not have to go through those nightmare symptoms again. I figured the fastest way to get the candida out of my intestinal tract was to do the fast/cleanse. It helped tremendously.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterfly0012
Star73 please tell me more about this cream of tartar migraine cure. I've been able to keep off the ibuprofen but can't seem to consistently keep off the excedrine. I can tell a difference in fluid retention and weight loss when I don't take it. I just can't function with these headaches tho.
Butterfly0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly0012 View Post
Star73 please tell me more about this cream of tartar migraine cure. I've been able to keep off the ibuprofen but can't seem to consistently keep off the excedrine. I can tell a difference in fluid retention and weight loss when I don't take it. I just can't function with these headaches tho.
She mixes it with water but I'm not really sure of the amount mixed. If I find out I will certainly let ya know
Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang,

Does anyone know if there are any other herbal COX inhibitors? Like maybe a list or something? I did a quick google search without finding what I'm looking for, but before I waste hours on this, lol I thought I'd check if any of you are aware of a good site.

If not, maybe I'll start a new thread and poll our fellow LCF'rs.

TIA
Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jello Jiggler
Stats: 286.5/275/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03/restart May 2011
KattBelly

Natural COX-2 and NF-kB Inhibitors | Margaret's Corner

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Natur...y-Contain.aspx

http://www.newchapter.com/zyflamend/zyflamend

Last edited by Jello Jiggler; 06-15-2011 at 07:32 AM..
Jello Jiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Wow thanks Jello! I'm gonna check these out right now!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jello Jiggler
Stats: 286.5/275/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03/restart May 2011
Your Welcome
Jello Jiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry to bring up migraines again but here is how you take the cream of tartar: 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar to 1/4 cup of water and take it like a shot. She says it tastes nasty so she chases it with tea or soda.. She says it really helps. I plan to try it next time I have one .
Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterfly0012
Thank you Star73. I too will try this the next time I have a migraine.

Butterfly
Butterfly0012 is offline   Reply With Quote