Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Nutritional Approach (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/)
-   -   Revolution or Oopsies? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-nutritional-approach/720129-revolution-oopsies.html)

jaime-lynn 05-04-2011 09:24 AM

Revolution or Oopsies?
 
To those of you who have made these which do you prefer, the revolution rolls or the oopsie rolls? I haven't made either but want to make a batch today to have with my burger. Opinions please!

CMJ1015 05-05-2011 12:54 PM

I realy like the oopsie rolls. To be honest I've never tried the revolution rolls cause I never have cottage cheese in the house.

Try the oopsies, you wont regret it.

PS, they are better after storage overnight in a plastic bag.

Spanilingo 05-05-2011 05:31 PM

Oopsie rolls are awesome.....really awesome.

cleochatra 05-09-2011 10:52 PM

I swear, although it seems I'm biased for obvious reasons, I absolutely prefer the oopsie rolls; but hear me out as to why, because it's not merely because I accidentally came upon them. Since my father brought home Atkins 1972 to us in 1984, I had to live through some of the original Atkins recipes calling for ingredients like cottage cheese and soya (powder) in the zeal of trying these new things.

The first time my parents made the Revolution rolls, we all coughed them down, wincing, trying to imagine this as bread for the rest of our lives. The bitter, uninspired lumps of soy and dairy were quietly discarded into the trash, never to find its way to our lips again. Over three decades later, desperate for a bun, I let my mind wander, screwed up the recipe, and the rest was pretty much a more supple bun with greater fat content. It was pliable, tastier, and lent itself to other recipes as well, such as shortcakes, donuts and even Thanksgiving stuffing.

I take oopsies with me, from the golden arches to Red Robin, from sea to shiny chicken breast sea, and wherever a morsel of food cries out for a bread not fashioned from cottage cheese and soy powder from 1984. I can only throw my hands to the sky and thank the ADD gods for me sucking so much when it comes to following recipes and for being bullheaded enough to buck the norm. I have found my buns again. And they are tasty.

nspeedracer 05-21-2011 01:36 PM

I cant get oopsie rolls to work!

harv681 05-24-2011 10:02 PM

Oopsie!
 
Oopsie rolls are great. Marscapone works too. I can't even imagine cottage cheese in this recipe...

cleochatra 06-02-2011 10:26 AM

You have to beat the ever loving snot out of the whites to get the oopsies to work. Check out this great video by the adorable and fun avenuegirl: Viddler.com - Oopsie Roll! - Uploaded by avenuegirl

debkeversole 06-02-2011 10:28 AM

OOPSIES are awesome!!! Cleo is a goddess!!!:notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy::notwrthy:

debkeversole 06-02-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nspeedracer (Post 14669196)
I cant get oopsie rolls to work!

they are easy peasy!!! like she said BEAT those whites stiff!!! helps if you have a stainless steel bowl and make sure it is clean( i run a paper towel damp with vinegar around it before i start ) and it helps if you have a pan you can mound them up in a bit (not as thin as they would be if just on a baking sheet) LOVE them

cleochatra 06-02-2011 10:32 AM

{{{{{deb}}}}} I love you. You're why I have the best friends in the world. Who I slip $20 bills to. Thank you for saying so, but the only thing that's otherworldy about me is when someone yells, "OMG! Have you seen her driving?"

debkeversole 06-02-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 14703515)
{{{{{deb}}}}} I love you. You're why I have the best friends in the world. Who I slip $20 bills to. Thank you for saying so, but the only thing that's otherworldy about me is when someone yells, "OMG! Have you seen her driving?"

hey we must have been separated at birth! Ken won't let me drive the truck anymore:blush::blush::blush: i hit things:blush: i still think you are awesome! with or without the 20$ ;) :hugs::hugs::hugs::aprayer::aprayer::aprayer:

KDWJEH 06-20-2011 02:36 PM

I vote oopsies!

ragtopwife 06-23-2011 01:05 PM

Oopsies. They are great bread and buns. DH gets an oopsie sandwich in his lunch every day. Also like to make the oopsies with a little sweetener, and take some cream cheese mixed with davincis, plop in middle of oopsie before baking and make danishes.

Unless I am feeling too lazy to make oopsies, then I make the floopsie recipe. But I still like the oopsies better :D

Oregon Transplant 06-27-2011 07:11 PM

Another vote for Oopsies. I wish I would have tried them sooner! We mostly have use them as hamburger buns, they are perfect. I make them in my Kitchen Aide mixer, no-fail every time. Even my boyfriend can make them in the Kitchen Aide!

MemoryKeeper 07-03-2011 07:47 PM

OOPSIES are on the menu every day. I make a double batch once a week, sometimes twice. Some of our family favs: 1. Sausage "McGriddle" with sweet oopsie roll (with splenda and cinnamon) sausage patty, scrambled eggs, and cheese....yum! 2. Cherry cheese danish (oopsie made with sf cherry jello)...this is delicious! 3. Savory oopsie for sandwiches almost daily!

Love, love, love my OOPSIES...thanks Cleo! You totally ROCK!

Missouri_Librarian 07-03-2011 11:19 PM

oopsie lover here...make mine with cinnamon and sweetener and then top with a cinnamon cream cheese icing...just like a cinnamon roll..or dip in egg and fry like french toast...have also made savory with spices and shredded cheddar like a red lobster garlic biscuit or plain and made biscuits and homemade sausage gravy....they are the bomb diggity...<3 cleo's recipes...

glidergirl 04-15-2014 10:35 AM

Wow! Now I have to go find the Oopsie recipe!

TerriMM 04-18-2014 03:15 PM

Okay Oopsie lovers, I've seen a couple different variations. Please post your favorite. Or the original as the case maybe. ;)

pulchritudinous_j 04-20-2014 04:02 PM

Another vote for oopsies! This recipe is straight from Cleo's site (Your Lighter Side) All of her recipes are awesome, and the bit of wit thrown in is an extra bonus :)

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you’re using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5

TerriMM 04-20-2014 08:24 PM

Thanks pulchritudinous_j !

And just bookmarked Cleo's blog ;)

jbeth 05-17-2014 04:51 PM

Thanks!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j (Post 16883220)
Another vote for oopsies! This recipe is straight from Cleo's site (Your Lighter Side) All of her recipes are awesome, and the bit of wit thrown in is an extra bonus :)

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you’re using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5

:clap: Thanks for this recipe!

paynts 05-18-2014 01:15 PM

Do any of you folks make your oopsies in a muffin top pan?

cleochatra 05-18-2014 01:18 PM

I should disclose that I sold the site a year ago to go back to school and no longer own the site, the recipes or the content. <3

rrrhan 05-23-2014 01:44 PM

REALLY???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 16914176)
I should disclose that I sold the site a year ago to go back to school and no longer own the site, the recipes or the content. <3


Cleo, you really dont own yourlighterside anymore? WHAAAATT ? Where is YOUR site?

robyn

cleochatra 05-24-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrrhan (Post 16919621)
Cleo, you really dont own yourlighterside anymore? WHAAAATT ? Where is YOUR site?

robyn

I sold the site a little over a year ago to go back to school. Of course, things being unpredictable, I now work full time, too! I am getting a degree in communications as well. :heart:

metqa 05-25-2014 05:24 AM

You are a great communicator Cleo! and I love Oopsies, thanks to you.

I've made Revolutionary Rolls and they are fine but dryer and more fragile. Oopsies are sturdier, have more fat, are tastier because of it and more durable because of the added fat.

My vote is for Oopsies. And don't bother to use fat free cottage cheese or cream cheese, it ruins any benefit of making them oopsies instead of revolutionary rolls.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.