Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alyc1985
Stats: 238/221/170(stg)/138(ltg)
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: June 20/11 ... on and off
hi all --

like many of you, I did atkins in the past and always stayed on induction for months, wanting to lose the most weight. then I would get bored and frustrated and go off plan. NOW, I'm in OWL and enjoying 25-30g carbs each day. I've also been trying to deliberately keep my calories up around 2000 (it's hard, though!). and the best is that I have been losing more weight! I was stalled in induction, but this week I have lost 2.5 lbs. I have been religiously plugging everything into ****** to make sure everything's in balance.

lately I have been too busy to shop a lot for fresh veggies, so I eat a lot of frozen ones (including carrots, how mind blowing!) and I eat lots of onions too. like at least one onion a day. I've also been enjoying lots of heavy cream which doesn't stall me (cheese does, I think). I like nuts most of all, but find that they cause cravings and are hard to control. I could easily eat nothing but nuts all day. so instead I eat fruit... I'll eat half an apple some days, or sometimes a small bowl of berries (also from frozen, but what can you do?) and I use lemon and lime juice in cooking and in my water glass. mmm so delicious!

I have been taking chromium supplements this week, and I suspect that might be the reason for my weight loss, but I have also noticed I lose more with 30ish grams than I do on 15! I wonder why? someone on this board mentioned that low thyroid folks need a certain amount of carbs, and I always suspected I had thyroid problems so ...? either way, I'm not complaining!

I am so happy I went to OWL. I feel far more satisfied. I love the different textures and tastes of fruit. I still want to stay around 25-30 grams of carbs for a few weeks, but in the meantime I'm having a great time with my variable menu. I'm going to go roast some dulce, which is sort of gross when eaten out of the package so I'm hoping the taste will improve when hot and crispy!

Last edited by alyc1985; 03-12-2009 at 04:11 AM..
alyc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

also just wondering about supplements others may be taking?

I know I mentioned chromium, which is so far very exciting. in DANDR, Atkins said it was really important, and since it was way cheaper than CoQ10 (they didn't even have L-Carnitine at my drug store) I got it.

I've been taking biotin 5000mcg but ran out of that dosage so now I'm working on my bottle of 1000mcg tablets. I also take 2 St Johns Wort pills a day to ward off depression and anxiety. I take a multivitamin which is okay, but I've recently been scrutinizing the IUs of included vitamins and noticed that some are lacking. even when taking the multi into account, ******/the internet/my research tells me I'm still lacking in some stuff. so when this bottle runs out I'm going to get a better one...

in the meantime here is my supplement shopping list for when I get my tax return:
- potassium
- vitamin D
- calcium
- CoQ10
- l-carnitine
- iron
- magnesium

what do y'all think? does anyone take supplements and do you find they help you feel better, fight cravings or lose weight? I mostly want to be healthy... I'm 23 and slightly obsessed with living till age 115!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
hey Peanutte it's thursday
Can't wait for your report on how well you did and how everybody noticed the healthier smaller you.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyc1985 View Post
also just wondering about supplements others may be taking?

I know I mentioned chromium, which is so far very exciting. in DANDR, Atkins said it was really important, and since it was way cheaper than CoQ10 (they didn't even have L-Carnitine at my drug store) I got it.

I've been taking biotin 5000mcg but ran out of that dosage so now I'm working on my bottle of 1000mcg tablets. I also take 2 St Johns Wort pills a day to ward off depression and anxiety. I take a multivitamin which is okay, but I've recently been scrutinizing the IUs of included vitamins and noticed that some are lacking. even when taking the multi into account, ******/the internet/my research tells me I'm still lacking in some stuff. so when this bottle runs out I'm going to get a better one...

in the meantime here is my supplement shopping list for when I get my tax return:
- potassium
- vitamin D
- calcium
- CoQ10
- l-carnitine
- iron
- magnesium

what do y'all think? does anyone take supplements and do you find they help you feel better, fight cravings or lose weight? I mostly want to be healthy... I'm 23 and slightly obsessed with living till age 115!

welcome.
the supplements you listed can be gotten now in a good quality vit except for the potsssium.

many folk save money and buy the morton lite or NU Salt since they are loaded with potassium and can be sprinkled on your food. OTC potassium pills contain just 3% of the RDA so it can get expensive using them. make sure you are accounting for all potassium sources since too much potassium can stop your heart too.

The L-Carnitine can be obtained naturally from food sources: red meat, diary products are the primary source but fish, poultry, tempeh (fermented soybeans), wheat, asparagus, avocados, and peanut butter also contain it. plants do not though.

if you are lacking from your diet then supplements will help as the cartinine is used to trasnport fatty acids acroos the membranes of the mitochondria for energy production. If you already have enough then the supplement will not show much effect.

Hypothyroid folk need medications so if you suspect you are hypo please go see your doc as the condition is as serious and can be as deadly as a heart attact if left untreated. Those that are hypo cause their condition to worsen if they restrict carbs and cals Bhroda Barnes did the studies and published the info way back but since low carbing wasn't popular back then it didn't get much publicity and most don't know about it.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Hiya 2big! I got back late last night and was looking forward to checking in with you all--but was too tired to get on the computer much last evening.

As for how I did? I am an Atkins STUD! I did not give in to one single thing that wasn't allowed on my way of eating, despite being surrounded with people eating cookies, ice cream, key lime pie (one of my favorite desserts), mud pie, french fries, pasta, and more.

My mom is one of these people who says she's "dieting" but gives in to anything that looks good to her. In fact, her cycle of strict denial/ impulsive overindulgence had a terrible influence on my eating habits as a kid and as a teenager, and that's partly why I'm so blunt with people when they talk about planning "cheat days" in the main lowcarb lobby. I'm really strongly against setting yourself up for a way of eating you don't want to maintain, and I don't think so-called "cheats" are good for anyone, emotionally, mentally or physically. I do think there is a time and place to DECIDE you are going to eat something you wouldn't normally eat--but for most people it is a slippery slope and I advise against it. I'd rather see people embrace a sustainable menu that doesn't feel punishing.

Having said that...any time I was feeling a little pissed off that other people were enjoying something I did not want to take a single nibble of, I simply reminded myself that whatever-it-was would taste good for about two minutes and I'd still be fat after it was done. It's not worth it to me. I also remind myself that I have tasted whatever-it-was in the past, I know what it tastes like, and I don't need to taste it again right at that moment. Those two reminders helped me to not feel resentful or deprived.

I'll tell you straight up, thought, I knew I was going to have a hard time with the fried calamari on the last night of vacation when we took my parents out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I can say no to desserts and pasta all the livelong day, but I love fried food and that is my big temptation. What I ended up doing was taking three little calamari rings and peeling off the fried batter and just eating the squid itself. That worked out fine.

I did try one thing that I had not tried at home: a Wasa crispbread that was a new kind I'd not seen before. It's called Wasa Light and Crispy or something like that. It's lighter and more air-fluffed than the regular Wasa crispbreads; the best way to describe it is to say it has the texture of crunchy Cheetos. I had one cracker, which had about 4 grams of net carbs, with some cream cheese on it just to see if it would be a product I'd like to get back home. And the answer is yes, I would! Once in a while it would be nice to have a cracker to put my cheese on. That's the first wheat of any kind I've had in three months!

My older sister complimented my Will Of Steel and said she really admired my stubborn dedication.

Oh, and I'm down two point two pounds. Actually, this morning the scale said 167.8 but I felt that wasn't "real" because I was kind of dehydrated from traveling yesterday, so I drank a large glass of water and re-weighed, and am taking the second weight-- 169--as my official weight for the week. I'm in the 160s for the first time since 2005! I can't believe it!

Let it be known that you can have a wonderful tropical vacation and actually lose weight if you don't go off-plan! I got a lot of exercise in, too: swimming, biking, etc.

AlyC, sounds like you are doing great! I'm so glad you have found a level of carbs that includes some fruits and other things you enjoy, and are comfortable with that, and it's working for you!

Last edited by peanutte; 03-12-2009 at 08:28 AM..
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Weigh to go woo hoo you shrinking peanutte!! congrates on the new numbers and the great vacation.

Have you seen the flax chips? you mix equal parts of ground flax seeds or flax meal with water and add whatever spice you want like onion powder or garlic for savory and cinamon or ginger for sweeter ones. then you make a puddle on parchment paper with about 1T of your mixture and spread thin. then nuke about 1 min till it dries and crisps up.

you can bake them in the oven too if you want to mass produce them.

then you can spread your softned cream cheese or slice of cheese or dip on them and munch. induction legal too per rule 12 of DANDR 2002.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #247

So the flax doesn't need any binding ingredient other than water? That's interesting. I also intend to look into those ground nut crackers--you know, almond thins and the like. Though I feel I need to be very, very careful with products that take the place of bread. It's almost easier just to have nothing at all with my cheese than to have a substitute that makes me aware that I'd rather be having bread--do you know what I mean?

I'm so relieved to be back in my own home where I can make my meals the way I want them. Although I didn't go off-plan, I also didn't have the opportunity to eat the way I prefer to, in terms of fresh stuff and getting enough good fats. There weren't anywhere near enough vegetables, for one thing, and way too much processed meat like lunch meat and hot dogs. I had to make do with what was available. Oh, and I ate hard boiled eggs until my younger sister decided to cook everybody brunch after church on Sunday and she scrambled up a dozen and a half eggs WITH MILK--not heavy cream like I would use at home--and though I realize the carb count per serving from the milk was probably minimal, it still made me really irritated that she went ahead and used up all the eggs. I basically coasted on fumes for the last two days, eating from a big container of tuna salad my mom had made. I realized early on that even if something looked low-carb I had to ask my mom about ingredients because she'd made a chicken salad that looked pretty good, with a mayo-based dressing. I took one bite of that chicken salad and immediately spat it out into my napkin and asked "What did you put in the dressing?" "Oh, a little bit of sugar, just a few tablespoons." A few tablespoons?! Yikes, Mom!

And then we did go out for dinner, so I had some seriously overpriced sea scallops I could have cooked better myself, and a handful of green beans. I am really, really tired of paying for less food at restaurants--and sometimes, paying MORE for less food if they charge you extra to substitute a salad for fries or a potato!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starcat
Stats: 177.2/159/135
WOE: HCG P2
Start Date: November 2011
I have a hard time making sure I eat breakfast. It seems that others have encountered that problem, and egg creams have been suggested. I checked the recipe board, but I didn't see a generic egg cream recipe. It also seems like there are variations, such as pumpkin. Could anyone tell me what is in an egg cream and favorite variants? Thanks.
Starcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
My mom is one of these people who says she's "dieting" but gives in to anything that looks good to her. In fact, her cycle of strict denial/ impulsive overindulgence had a terrible influence on my eating habits as a kid and as a teenager...
wow, peanutte, that is totally my life right there. my mom has some weird bulimic/anorexic issues going on, and I think seeing that deprivation/binge cycle sort of set me up for the same thing. my dad had issues with eating too -- for him it was more binge eating, and his weight fluctuates a LOT. he was placed on a doctor-ordered low carb plan a few years ago, but blatantly disregarded it. in mid-2008 he started atkins and lost 30 lbs but he still cheats a lot, like puts sugar in his coffee. he's too stubborn to listen to me or my sister about what is and isn't part of the atkins plan (my sister has lost 50+ lbs in 5 months and keeps losing on atkins). the 30 lb loss is a good change for him, but I'm still worried.

so I know what it's like being surrounded by frustrating family members, but GOOD FOR YOU for resisting all that. and good for us, for getting past what we have been taught about food and learning a healthier way. I've read this whole thread and enjoyed your long entries very much. I can't wait to catch up with you in the 160's!

2big, thanks for the info.
actually, your advice to me in the induction forums a few months back is what made me start thinking about hypothyroid. so far low carb is working out well for me, but I don't want to mess up my body or endanger myself. I have a dr's appointment on the 19th when I will bring up this issue.

as for potassium, a lot of things on nutrition labels here in Canada don't always have potassium listed (although the jar of pickles I ate from today randomly did) so I never really know what's going on! I'll have to do some sleuthing and figure out exactly where I'm getting potassium from.

Last edited by alyc1985; 03-13-2009 at 02:35 AM..
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

starcat...

I used to have that problem too. egg creams were not the answer for me, I actually found them to be more work than merely scrambling a few eggs in a pan. you can easily use the search function on this site to find recipes, in the meantime here's a good link: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...eam-ideas.html

I've found over time I did start feeling hungry in the morning and needing to eat. some others have mentioned giving up caffeine, and that worked for me too... people find that without it, they notice their natural hunger more and make sure to feed themselves.

you could try having pre-made foods around that you can just grab. today I had chicken wings for breakfast, left over from somefood my bf ordered yesterday. anything goes!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #251

Quote:
I've found over time I did start feeling hungry in the morning and needing to eat. some others have mentioned giving up caffeine, and that worked for me too... people find that without it, they notice their natural hunger more and make sure to feed themselves.
Absolutely true for me. I still don't care to eat first thing in the morning--and I can't anyway because I have to take my thyroid meds on an empty stomach--but nowadays I eat about an hour or so after getting up. When I was drinking caffeinated coffee, I'd hold off until around ten or later.

Aly, you're not kidding about how deeply we are affected by what our mothers model for us. For some reason I do believe it's the mothers more than the fathers when it comes to girls and their eating disorder issues. My dad is similar to yours in that he's got medically mandated reasons to eat better. But my mom is the one who made comments about my weight when I got a little prepubescent chunkiness, and who put me on a very public diet, and who instilled in me a sense that being fat was something to dread and fear. All the while, she demonstrated no self control over what SHE ate--she just happens to have a very small-boned frame, and up 'til her twenties she could eat like a lumberjack and never gain a pound. It's not something she "earned"--it was just genetics. She's a glutton and that's what she modeled for us kids. It took me a long time to finally realize that taking thirds at dinner was not normal in most families. Funny how my dad does not eat that way and yet he is the one who's obese.

I have a lot of sympathy for my dad. He is a large man--I'm guessing he hovers around 300 pounds, but carries it pretty well--and I do see him making some efforts to eat mindfully. My mom criticizes him no matter what he does, though. If he turned down french fries ten times in a row and decided to eat them the eleventh time, she'll harp on him about that eleventh time as if that's what he'd been doing all along. He cannot do anything right as far as she is concerned, and her contemptuous, snide, judgy attitude does not help my dad at all. When it comes to losing weight, if you are constantly in a state of being angry and defensive, you will feel rebellious and that isn't a good frame of mind to be in.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

on the ******.com site there is a section called reports and you can click the nutrtional one and see all the veggies and minerals you have consumed from your foods and drinks which is why I love ****** even with the crazy food entry issues it has.
make your vits and supplements a custom food so you can add one to your eating every day you have one and then you got it all right there and can see if you got leg cramps and are eating a ton of calcium and magnesium but a low on either water or potsssium those whoudl be added to your diet as the cure and not the calcium magnesium "cure" many here recommned.
it is very hard to get enough potassium as an inductee and if we don't choice wisely in the early weeks of OWL.

When you go see your doc be sure to ask for a complete thyropid panel with free T4 and T3 cause TSH only tells you how your pituatary gland is working and can be very normal even if your thyroid hormone levels are out of whack. Check the topic nonstickpam wrote that is a stickie in the health section about thyroid numbers so you know what you are talking about when you have the discussion with your doc before they take out the blood. I was very fortunate my doc's wife had been a subclinical hypothyroid person so he had been well educated on TSH isn't the answer and ordered up a whole panel when I went to see him. Just wish he'd gotten married yrs earlier LOL.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!

if you don't like breakfast foods you can eat dinner or lunch for breakfast your stomach does not know what time it is. I cooked extra dinner foods so if I wanted blacken fish for breakfast when I was inducting I had some ready to go. Brookjay used to post about having taco salad for breakfast when she lost her weight.
If you like egg creams then have them but you still have to fix them so it isn't an out the door kind of fix. you can cook the egg muffins ahead of time and then just pull one from your ziplock bag in the freeze and heat in the microwave while your morning cup of whatever is brewing and have them ready to go at the same time and you can even eat them on the go. I love broccoli and cheese and southwest ones. some folk eat the spinach and cheese ones.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #254

I eat dinner food for breakfast all the time! I mean, why not? Who cares what's traditional "breakfast food"?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starcat
Stats: 177.2/159/135
WOE: HCG P2
Start Date: November 2011
I used to love dinner food for breakfast but for some reason haven't been eating that way now. Have to make sure I make enough food for leftovers.
Starcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

I just read the one minute muffin thread, people will mix the dry ingredients at night so in the morning they can just pop in the butter and egg, zap it and there is breakfast that looks and tastes like breakfast!

then again I just tried the one minute muffin yesterday for the first time on my atkins journey, and am up 3 lbs today I haven't changed my profile weight yet because I'm hoping it's just water.

that, and I had a couple glasses of wine the day before that... which may actually be the reason :/

oh well, that's what OWL is all about, right? trying to find out what works for you, by trial and error. at least that's what I'm telling myself.

does anyone not count net carbs on atkins? my net carbs were fine yesterday (25 right on) but with all the flax fibre it was like a million carbs and it's making me paranoid.

peanutte... your mom sounds like my mom. mine is pretty petite too and would go through cycles of bingeing on wendy's and baked goods, then fasting. she had me on weight watchers by age 13 and I probably ate like 1000 calories a day. I was sooooo hungry and I think that started my bulimia, in that I was always under so much pressure to lose weight and yet I was so hungry and eating crap processed food every day that I couldn't help wanting to eat more.

oh well... it sucks, but Atkins has helped me learn to eat healthier and not feel so pressured and put upon by other people's ideas of what I should eat and what I should look like.
moving out also helped tremendously.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #257

I think Atkins is very healthy for people who've had eating disorders, or even just eating disordered tendencies. The food is the very opposite of what we've been trained to view as "diet food"--none of this fat-free fake stuff. It's real, satisfying food. You don't have to count calories or carbs once you've gotten to the point where you've internalized the guidelines. (I still do count that stuff, but I can skip a day or two of ****** and not feel compulsive about it.)
Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

so so true... it's all whole and nourishing. and you know that it's all just benefiting you, weight loss or no weight loss. no chemicals to try and trick yourself into thinking you're eating something your body actually wants.

I think, too, there is more emphasis on "listen to your body" as opposed to "starve it, overwork it, deprive it so it does what you want it to", which is healthy any way you look at it. the shift in focus is very welcome.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #259

Yes, that's exactly it, Aly.

On that note--I think I will take a little vacation from ******; I didn't use it all week in Florida, since I had no computer access, and now that I've been back a few days, I can clearly see that what I'm eating is fine and I don't particularly need to be tracking anything right now. If I stall, or gain a little weight, I'll go right back to tracking, but for now I'm not in the mood to enter everything.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

peanutte, I am making an effort to be very very diligent w/ ****** because I am trying to sort out what works for me on OWL. I long to get to the point where I know exactly what I'm doing, and don't need to mess with it anymore!

... that said, my ****** has told me that I lose best on close to 3000 calories! or rather, when I eat close to that I get a big whoosh but if I've been eating under bmr, which is 1600, I won't lose and might even gain. since I'm not very hungry, it's really easy to not eat enough.

the flax muffins are okay so far. I got back down to 181 today, in spite of eating a 1 minute muffin every day. so I am thinking it was either the alcohol or just eating less calories. I guess I will continue to experiment.

I'm in severe need of groceries. I still have some food in the freezer, but I've run out of butter, cheese, meats, fresh veggies and cream. I'm happy for my stockpile of tuna cans in the pantry! can't wait till payday tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

when you add any high fiber foods on a consistant bases to your WOE there will be scale weight added since it will absorb liquids in your gut however this weight will become a constant amount as those who have done a colon cleanse for a scoping can tell you. it can be lots of pounds.

The only thing I needed my fitrday for was when I added new foods to see the nutriant changes like more calcium, less B or whatever so I knew how to adjust portions to make sure I didn't end up with the carbs/fats/proteins perfect but be sufferring from malnutrtion.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #262

That's true, 2big--it is helpful to look at nutrients. Remember, not that long ago I was being extra- careful about sodium...just tracking it for a little under one week helped open my eyes to sources of sodium like prepared salad dressings and such. I started using a lot more olive-oil-and-vinegar homemade salad dressings as the result of that awareness.

Right now, though, I am feeling stressed out and anxious about some things in my life and I think it will be a way of being kind to myself to not feel I have to enter all my stuff all the time. One thing I am enjoying about OWL is that I have the basic foods I eat regularly, and I really don't need to measure portions and count carbs if I don't want to, because I don't tend to go over 30 grams a day at most. Does that make sense? When I was on 20 g a day, of course I felt I needed to count every little thing. I have more leeway now.

I still think it's really important to weigh and count your food in the beginning, though. Once you've been doing that for a while, you start to know by sight what the right portions are. I can cut a one ounce piece of cheese now by sight, and if I were to check it on the scale, it would be very accurate. I have a clear idea of what four ounces of chicken looks like compared to six ounces. I know what a tablespoon of heavy cream looks like in the pan, and I know how full my salad bowl can be to contain a certain amount of lettuce (say, three ounces by weight of romaine). So having adjusted my visual expectation makes me feel okay about taking a break from ******.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

I understand that after doing Atkins for a while I could just decide what I wanted from my tested OWL rungs and foods and later when I'd enter it I'd see I was exactly on the %s I wanted.
I could look at a month of eating to see if any nutriants were lacking when I was adding new rungs or new foods. Since you aren't doing any new to you foods right now just use your trained eyes and feed your hunger.
remember exercise is very good way to use up stress hormones that are bad for health and gnereate some great brain feel good chems

Control what you can control and you will do great.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #264

The thread hasn't been very active this week, but I'm still doing great. I hope everybody else is having a good week!

I'm going to make a new chicken dish tonight...I'm going to pound my chicken breasts thin and stuff them with spinach, feta cheese, roasted red bell peppers, and roll them up to bake. This is where I appreciate being on OWL because feta cheese, being a fresher cheese, has a little more carb than cheddar and the like. But boy, have I been craving fresh feta.

Come to think of it, I might use a little oregano and basil in there too.

As I continue doing Atkins, I realize that I need to keep trying new flavors and recipes and not just rely on old standbys if I am going to do this for the long term. I have an idea in my head for making a mash of cauliflower and chickpeas in the near future. I was just thinking how chickpeas, when mashed and blended into hummus, have a smooth texture, and might make the mashed cauliflower seem thicker and more dense.

I also made a new kind of soup yesterday using chicken broth, tomato paste, 1 Tbsp heavy cream, and well-cooked cauliflower, pureed in the blender before serving. Man, that was good. It was like cream of cauliflower with a light tomato taste and I served it with shredded cheddar as a garnish.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaseMama
Stats: 182/165.4/145
WOE: This week.... who knows?
Start Date: 2/2/2009
peanutte - do you need my address so that you can come cook in my kitchen tomorrow???
ChaseMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #266

Hee hee! That's it--I should market myself as a freelance low-carb personal chef!

Actually, it would be cool if there were enough demand that a low-carb catering business could do well.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

well you don't have to say low carb you could be a healthy whole foods personel chel
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Hi there, I was wondering if I could join your thread? I've been trying to get into OWL for a few weeks now, some days I move past induction levels, sometimes not. I would love to get some support and ideas!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #269

WELCOME! Great to have you joining us!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Does everyone here keep a ******? I tracked my carbs in the beginning, but was rarely above 10 or 15. I might do it for a week just to see what I'm really eating.

Peanutte, I love your posts around here, by the way!! The one about society babying men and treating them as if they don't have to learn was spot on!!! I wouldn't have married someone like that, luckily DH is very supportive.
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote