Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #1651
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jemima
Stats: 185/151/148
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 18, 2009
Thx Ozdancer. I'll look up Linda's site and see what I can find.

As for the low carb tortillas...I know they add carbs, but they seem to really help me feel like I'm eating something. I got really burned out on eggs and bacon only breakfasts and lunches etc.

I have heard atkins bars can stall some people. But, they are just so quick and easy I can't seem to find a good alternate.

Thanks for the tips. And I've never heard of chia seeds, totally gonna look into that right now.
Jemima is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #1652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ozdancer
Stats: 235/148.5/148-143
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: now: 21 March 2009 last time: April 2002
Jemima, there are recipies to make your own protein bars. I think LindaSue even has one. This is supposed to be great, haven't had time to try it out myself just yet though:-

Ms Woods Brownie Protein Bars
2 eggs
2.5 scoops whey protein powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
˝ cup butter
˝ cup sweetener (equivalent)
Melt butter, add eggs, whey protein powder, cocoa and sweetener. Mix well and put in a 6x6 baking dish. Cook on 325 for about 15-20 minutes.
Makes 9 servings.
ozdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #1653
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jemima
Stats: 185/151/148
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 18, 2009
I will make some tonight. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Jemima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #1654
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
you can keep your foods but make it look more different if you cook egg muffins.

just put your cooked protein and shredded veggies in the bottom of an egg tin and then add cheese if you want. bust 2 eggs for each tin you filled and mix the eggs and pour over the fillings. then bake for 20 min on 325 or until the egg is set.

then you can freeze then and have a muffin you can nuke in the morning and each one can taste different cause you could use a different vveggie meat combo in each.

have you been to cleochatra's blog the lighterside of low carb and checked out her veggie pizzas and taco shells? she can do wonders for atkins legal veggies
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #1655
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
I'm also moving through the rungs. I've made it to #5 this week, yogurt. Although it didn't cause any weight gain, it did cause some unpleasant effects. Tiredness, cravings, moodiness. So sadly I can't have it. I did skip the nuts rung, because it causes water retention and it's very easy for me to go overboard. I also somehow skipped berries so I'm planning to go back to them soon.

I also use low carb tortillas and they don't cause any negative effects and I really like how versatile they can be. I have gotten my carb level up to 35 net and still lose but I'm pretty sure that's max at this point to keep losing. I still have 10-15 to go. I may do things a little out of order, but it doesn't have to be perfect. You can skip them and go back if you choose to, for whatever reason. It just has to work for you. It is definitely a learning experience for all of us.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #1656
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
hey i think ive been really naughty, i am now on day 15 of induction and i am down 8 pounds, keto sticks are purple, but eversince day 1 i have always had for dessert 2oz of strawberries and 2tbs of heavy cream and a 0 carb jello, i also have an atkins shake for breakfast, seems after reading posts that i went straight in owl, i started at 169 and today i am 162, still got 20 to go, i kind of just make it up as i go along
breakfast- atkins ice cold shake
snack- stick of cheese
lunch-tuna mayo wrapped in lettuce with 1/2 tomato
snack- egg with mayo and crispy bacon on cucumber
dinner- steak salad with ceaser dressing
dessert strawberries and cream
plus 8 glasses of water, 3 mugs of coffe with cream.
does this sound ok to you, i would be pleased to hear your view on my weight loss and the strawberries good luck everyone xx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote