Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: junkfoodmonkey
Stats: 213/193/140
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: Original Nov 2003 Current 17 Sep 2012
Oh, whoops, I've just realised, I've scoffed the three eggs I was supposed to keep for breakfast tomorrow. As far as I can remember, I now have absolutley nothing for breakfast on Saturday morning! Saturday is when I go shopping. I suppose I could go shopping tonight, but it's horrible in there on a Friday night!

Or I could treat myself to breakfast out tomorrow. That's appealing to me.
junkfoodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #782
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
.2 pounds this week, woooo! That's whole...couple of ounces! Which will be replaced as soon as I drink some water!

Ha ha. I am totally fine with that. I'm fine with anything that isn't a gain!

Last edited by peanutte; 06-05-2009 at 06:39 AM..
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dovelette
WOE: Atkins OWL, Current HCG R1P2
Start Date: WLS 4/20/2004, Atkins 3/31/09, HCG 4/9/13
Hey, it's a loss! I'll take any loss I can get! Plus you had such a big week last week, this just averages out to about a pound each week!
Dovelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #784
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
Everybody does know that when the weather gets hot our bodies will add fluid weight as a coping mechanism just cause it wants to be sure we don't dehydrate. So inches and pounds czan go up when it first gets hot.

I'm doing yard work between the rain drops here too. Makes pulling weeds easier but the clean up afterwards is a mess.

I loved captain kangaroo when I was a kid and it came on just before we had to leave for school in our area so we could watch 1/2 every day
Sounds like you need dear fencing for the child. green tomatoes too small to make fried green tomatoes so what did you make? green chili?

out for breakfast? sounds great just remember to tell them exactly how you want your food made and your plate to arrive. We have a fast food place that has a low carb breakfast bowl ( their regular stuff just no grits nor hashbrowns) so I can take Mother fro breakfast when the need arrises and have either eggs and bacon or eggs and carb free sausage since I've seen the box it arrives in and checked it most likely has less then .5 so I count it as .5 and enjoy them guilt free. The other fast food place has a 1400 cal low carb bowl so I skip that one.

Sorry bout your cough. dry dust and hot oooow. We have hot wet and moldspores in the air from all the rain. The weather man said a cold front was coming through this weekend and I had to laugh when I saw the cold weather was in the high 60s. That is a heat wave in the winter.
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #785
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
.2 pounds this week, woooo! That's whole...couple of ounces! Which will be replaced as soon as I drink some water!

Ha ha. I am totally fine with that. I'm fine with anything that isn't a gain!
woo hoo claim it drink up. We can add several pounds during the day but the nice thing is that .2 pounds will still be gone when you wake up tomorrow as will the rest of those added pounds.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #786

Quote:
Hey, it's a loss! I'll take any loss I can get! Plus you had such a big week last week, this just averages out to about a pound each week!
Right--like I said, seriously I'm fine with that. I had two pretty big weeks in a row and I think it's good for your body to adjust itself.

One of the things that keeps me very sane is that fact that my food is all very consistent. That way, I don't have to freak out about every little fluctuation because I know I am doing exactly what I mean to be doing. It sounds like that's sort of what you're deciding, Dove--that you want to be a little more consistent so that you know what's going on and don't have to guess if this-that-or-the-other is what's causing gains or losses.

One thing I am proud of about the people in this thread is: we don't cheat and panic and re-start and cheat and panic. We seem like a pretty dedicated, even-keeled, go-with-the-plan bunch, and I like that.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melkhamilton
2big, I will definitely look into the fencing idea. They love to help so I was...trying to help them help. But unfortunately...their version of help is a little TOO enthusiastic...and a little too early!!

OMG, so funny that you remember KC being cut off b/c it was time for school, SO DO I. Oh, ha, memories.

peanutte: 2 oz. are 2 oz.! (Yeah, I know, duh, LOL.) Claim 'em. It's a loss, woo hoo! And it's on the back of a truly impressive total loss. You must look hawt, girl!

I agree about the non-cheating thing. I hate to say it, because I'm not perfect in about a thousand different ways, but it sometimes bugs me to see that: "I cheated and now I want you all to make me feel better." It's hard to know how, exactly.

I hope that statement doesn't bother anybody passing through and reading this thread. Just expressing how I feel about it.

Hope everybody has a good night! Hey...it's the weekend! I plan on doing lots more gardening this weekend, doing some more freelancing, getting caught up on my laundry and doing some more planning for my boys' birthday party (one has a July birthday and one has a June birthday, so we'll be doing one combined party near the end of this month). It has a Star Wars theme. I have someone custom-making a Darth Vader pinata (I don't know how to do key caps on this computer) for us and we are thinking of a "Star Warriors" or some other knockoff bouncer, where the kids can jump around (I can't find a Star Wars one specifically.) I have black, blue and silver crepe paper and hanging ribbons and I will be making cupcakes for my littlest son's actual B-D on Tuesday to take to class that have blue, black and silver powdered sugar and a Darth Vader or storm trooper ring on the top of each one.

Oh, I also have "light saber" huge bubble wands for all the kids at the party and have gotten their goody bag stuff so far...am considering these life-size cutouts but they're $30 so I don't know...we have already spent so much on this party.

Planning, planning! It's so much fun.
melkhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you guys mentioned the whole cheating - panic - tell me I'm ok - restart cycle vs. level headed stick with the plan (please ignore all my freak outs that rear their ugly head when leaving the house lol). You know, there are times when I REALLY want something not on plan. REALLY REALLY want it. And you know what? The thought that I would have to come back here and admit it makes me say no lol. Ok, lots of things make me say no, but I feel really accountable to this group, moreso than other challenges or what not that I'm apart of.

I also feeling seeing people succeed on the later phases of Atkins is inspiring. Knowing that working the plan will work for us makes it easier to test the waters 5g at a time. Plus, I found I was stalled or not losing, and I could look and say OK. What is it that i added back that was making me stall? And when I wasn't sure, I could go back to basics, which for me was only 5 to 10g back, and start adding again. It keeps you honest too - was I REALLY only eating 3oz of yogurt? Or was I guestimating? Being able to move up and down just those 5g to find your CCLL means I'm not bouncing from 20g to a 100g cheat and back down to 10g. That's fine for those that want to do it that way, but I don't want to yo yo anymore.

Going to a going away dinner tonight, first making a stop at the "grogue and cheese guy" and have already got my plan of attack in order! Eat a big breakfast of a veggie and meat omlette Eat a big lunch of chicken salad wrapped in lettuce leaves. Pack some peppers and use those for the cheese at the grogue and cheese guy, skip the grogue. The dinner has fish and then other CV sides, so I'll be loading up on fish and seeing if there are any veggies I can pick out of the other dishes. If not, I'll eat a lot of fish and pack an Atkins bar just in case (possibly also a chicken leg too). NOT staying the night so I can get right back home and since I'm taking this new cough medicine I have a very good excuse not to drink! Oh I'll be bringing some tea with me too to drink.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a funny couple of days. Not real cheating, but not exactly clean either. But it's a new food week! Shopping done, meal prep for the week done, carbs calculated (around 20 a day for most days this week, as a base, not counting any additionals. So some wiggle room there. Eating strawberries this week. Mmmmm...

Menu today:
Breakfast: Small gammon steak, fried egg
Snack: small chicken drumstick
Lunch: 3 chicken drumsticks, mayo, 1 oz of chedder, strawberries, Fage
Dinner: Beef brisket, green beans and onion, sauted in butter and garlic. Maybe some Fage if I fancy a snack later.

Notes to self
  • You are not a special little snowflake.
  • When you mess up - forgive yourself, learn from it and move on.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #790
Big Yapper!!!!

glad you guys are doing okay and on plan.

I helped my mother weed when I was littel and we had spent days planting flower bulbs in the garden the fall before and I knew what all the bulb flowers looked like cause We put the pictures on the stakes makeing them so I pulled everything not one of them from her garden as a 4 yr old helping. needless to say she was not happy and we had a new rule touch nothing green without permission.
I think I was the only kid handed a weed and told to pull everything that matched it but nothing else so my patch would have all the chick weed gone but dandilions and others still there. Up until Mother got AD that was still the rule at her house!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

junkfoodmonkey, your menu looks delicious, particularly the brisket and the strawberries. I hope one day to be able to incorporate strawberries.

2big, what sweet memories of gardening with Mom.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #792

Mel, your son's birthday part is going to be a blast! Your posts make me miss my nephews!

junkfoodmonkey, sometimes I go on a drumstick kick where I feel like I could eat them 3 meals a day--hot or cold. I love cold drumsticks. My typical seasoning for them is: celery salt (absolutely crucial!), paprika, garlic and onion powder, and a little oregano.

Dove, I think you have a great attitude and I always enjoy hearing how you're doing. You're such a good example with your planning ahead.

I got my hair professionally colored and highlighted today and it made me feel like a million bucks. And I finally found some black dress sandals for my sister's wedding so now I can breathe a sigh of relief. It's been a busy day of shopping, and I am not a woman who likes to shop, so now I'm tired and I think we might go out to dinner and watch the documentary "King Corn" which I haven't heard much about, but am looking forward to seeing. It's supposed to be a sort of expose on the corn industry.

2big, you bad girl, picking your mother's flowers! That's really funny.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

I've got some more drumsticks for lunch today. And I think I've got more than I can eat just for lunchtime, so that's snacks for later and tomorrow sorted! Will also be putting a crustless quiche in the oven to use for lunches for the next few days.

Today's menu - so far only the breakfast is eaten.

B: 2 pork soss, 2 strips bacon, mushroooms.
l: chicken drumsticks, mayo, strawberries and fage
d:stir fry beef, with garlic, green peppers and red onion.

(I've got beef every night this week! Heh, I always do well eating beef and never get tired of it.)
Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

HEY where is everyone??

I'm down 3, yes THREE pounds this week (ohhh please stick please stick please stick). So I obviously did something wrong during OWL. Taking it nice and slow this time. I'm going to start adding more veggies in again this week, but just "known" veggies (uh, like I have any option of adding in "unknown" veggies lol).

I am super happy to report that I'm 1lb away from my wedding weight where I thought I looked great, AND I saw some pics taken of me last night and WOW one I didn't even recognize myself (I had on a friends clothes and my hair was done different). I slipped into a Gap size 12 and was pretty stoked at how great the skirt fit.

Very very happy that I never gave up!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Peanutte, how old are your little nephews??? How often do you get to see them?

Monkey, mmmmmmmmm. It's not polite to make a girl drool...unless you're ready to share with everyone!!! So, send some to my address, please..........

Dove, THREE POUNDS? You are the wo-man! At wedding weight, eh? Kudos! You look beautiful. Actually, I just found my wedding dress yesterday, stored away...and I...laughed. Maybe one day..........

'K! Freelancing this morning, then off to speech class with E, then to the kids' barbecue at C's class, then home for...oh, I forget. For something! Oh, yeah. That chick is coming over for C. Then shopping for E's cupcakes to bring to school tomorrow. And then...outside for a few minutes? I hope.

Everybody have a great day!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #796

Dove, that's great! I'm so happy for you!

By the way, I've always thought you look fantastic in your avatar picture.

[cross-posted with Mel] Mel, my nephews are 12,9, 7 and 4. I see them about twice a year, since I moved halfway across the country.

Last edited by peanutte; 06-08-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Oh. My. Freaking. Word.

You WILL swear is "real" macaroni and cheese.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #798
Big Yapper!!!!

woo hoo Dovelette on those 3 pounds gone.

So if we don't purree the cauliflower from the faux taters we can call it CauliMacflower and cheese
Old 06-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #799

I'm sure that would appeal to a lot of people, but my reaction is BLAAARGHHH. So much dairy. Cauliflower with a little cheese sauce or a little melted cheese is fine, but for me personally, I don't like the faux recipes that use so much cream cheese.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
I'm sure that would appeal to a lot of people, but my reaction is BLAAARGHHH. So much dairy. Cauliflower with a little cheese sauce or a little melted cheese is fine, but for me personally, I don't like the faux recipes that use so much cream cheese.
It's actually only an ounce of cream cheese per serving. And one serving is definitely filling. However, yes, it is a lot of dairy, just like "actual" mac & cheese is, since there is also the cheddar and the dash of cream. But mac & cheese is really all about the cheese. The pasta is just the delivery system. In this case, the cauliflower is the healthier delivery system.

To each his own but my goodness this was good (to me). It really was "for-real" mac and cheese to me. Who needs pasta???

I'm thinking of trying a fried "rice" (cauliflower) next.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4mysize View Post
woo hoo Dovelette on those 3 pounds gone.

So if we don't purree the cauliflower from the faux taters we can call it CauliMacflower and cheese
Well, yeah. Pretty much.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #802

Yeah, but according to her recipe, it's only a 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower--so if it's four servings, that's pretty measly.

I'd rather just have seven ounces of fresh cauliflower, but I'm weird like that. I sometimes expect to get run out of the forum on a rail for not using cream cheese!

I'm glad you liked it though--it's great to find recipes you really enjoy that are so easy to make.

I've never made the "fried rice", but I can tell you that lightly steamed cauliflower fried in a tablespoon of bacon fat or butter, until very well browned, is great. One of my favorite side dishes is: melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan, add a little curry powder, cumin, cayenne, and chili powder, and fry up that cauliflower to crispy goodness.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #803
Senior LCF Member

Yes. I like cauliflower too. Usually raw, for whatever reason. However, I like to mix things up a little and try new things. This was meant to taste like mac 'n cheese, and it tasted like...mac 'n cheese. Just sooooooooooo good...

So I figured I'd put it up there for anyone who digs mac 'n cheese. Give this recipe a try. Trust me, 1/4 of the pan is plenty filling, or at least it was for me, and I'm a big eater.

Peace!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #804

Mel darling, I'm not trying to dissuade you from liking it! Goofball!

One of my quirks is that in most cases, I'd rather just not have anything than to make imitations (of pasta, bread, pizza, etc). However, I totally understand that many people love to make mock pizza and "Oopsies" and mock mac-and-cheese and stuff. It's just a personal preference, and I'm sure other people will love that recipe.

I do make cauliflower "latkes", though. Those are awfully good. So there you have it--I'm a total hypocrite!

Oh, it turns out that the wedding I'm going to be in this weekend is serving the dinner "family style", which means I don't have to take anything on my plate that I don't want to take...and I get to try both the salmon and the chicken, ha ha! And my sister tells me there will be a fruit and cheese plate in addition to the other appetizers. I've got my raw almonds, my spicy beef sticks and some individually wrapped cheese sticks to pack. I think I'll be fine!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

OMG Fried rice is my FAVORITE low carb food. In America even when I wasn't LCing I made it all the time. Mmmmm I hope that cauliflower eventually makes it to my island!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #806

I really should try the fried rice sometime. I assume it involves egg, cauliflower, scallions, a little soy sauce? I'm going to look it up.

Down another 1.4 today. I thought I'd go ahead and weigh in the middle of the week, since I'm leaving at the crack of dawn Friday morning and won't want to be bothered.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Garlic, scallions sauteed in oil for about a minute. I use regular onions too.
Add fresh cauliflower, grated
Let cook down, add soy sauce or other seasoning
Move "rice" to side, scramble eggs on the "clear" part of the pan, mix in with rice.

So easy!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #808

Oh, yeah--that sounds really great. I will be trying that sometime soon. It would go great with pork, and I can have a small amount of peas and/or carrots now, which would be great in it.

You sure don't have to use a lot. I could probably use 1/4 cup of peas and mince 1 baby carrot and it would be plenty for one serving.

Maybe a little ginger, too.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

I also love to make it very plain and then top it with things like garlic-ginger-soy chicken or stir fried veggies etc. There is something to me about plain fried rice that I just LOVE.

I'm crying inside. I have got to find cauliflower, now I'm having the worst craving for faux fried rice.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #810

I'm sorry, Dove! I wish you had some cauliflower.

Let's put our heads together. Can we think of anything else you could possibly use?