Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
This is my third day of a fat fast started Monday( A challenge with my friend to lose a bit of gained weight before our Sunday potluck dinner) While she has been going low fat and low calorie, I've been eating macadamia nuts, Cream Cheese clouds, cocoa bark, Tuna Salad, and Shiritaki noodles in Miso with Duck egg. I've even had a couple of cucumbers as they are not high in calories or carbs and do help with feeling full and are also diuretic.

Today I had Rotel Chicken. I put one can of rotel in a pot with 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning and cumin and plopped one small chicken thigh in. After the thigh cooked I shredded it off of the bone and added 4 oz of cream cheese ( No corn or beans) I ate half of that with a couple of glasses of water cause it's nice and spicy. I can go a whole day without much protein, but I think every other day at least I need some to feel okay. My ratio was only 80% fat though. but I'm down this morning 0.2 Kilo. that's progress I guess.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Love the rotal chicken recipe. So easy, I'll have to try it.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #93

It's really spicy so be sure to have some water nearby.

Today I mixed things up a bit. It throws my ratios off, but I think it is worth it for a meal.

I made Tuna Salad, but instead of 2oz of tuna with 2 t mayo in a 1/4 avocado, I mixed 2oz of lite tuna drained at 66Kcal with 2T Annie's Green Goddess Dressing at 110 calories from 11g fat, and 85 grams of salad lettuce blend at 20 Kcal.

It really was Tuna in Salad! Very filling and yummy.

I dunno, it seems that with carbs and protein it's hard to keep a ratio as high as 90. Now, I do LOVE some clouds and I could eat that all day, I just haven't had a chance to make a batch, but people complain about "choking down a block of cream cheese" but there is no choking on these lovely cloud treats. And because they are half butter, it's a great way to keep up the fat ratio moreso than with cream cheese alone.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #94

After Yesterdays Tuna Salad for three meals, some cocoa bark and macs, and one slice of apple with cottage cheese on it ( taste testing friend's appetizer) I'm glad to say I mostly stayed around 1000 Kcal and am down 0.2 Kilos, more.

Day 4 of the Fat fast has been a success. I've reached my initial goal of losing 2 Kilos, and gone a bit beyond.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Metqa. Are you going to continue on? Keep in touch.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #96

Thanks Lindy!
Day 5 seems to have been a success as well I'm down 0.4 Kilos from yesterday. That means, I've reduced by 2.4 Kilos total or about 5 1/4 pounds.

I have a big pot luck dinner to attend on Sunday. I plan to take some carb blockers to minimize the damage of tasting. Except for the two dessert pies I'm going to make with real sugar, My dishes will all be low calorie salads. I want to make the pies Metqanized but I know at least one of my friends say she's avoiding artificial sweeteners and I don't want her to avoid my pie for this get together since she suggested I make it. I guess I could make one pie regular and one sugar free.

Anyway, after Sundays Refeed, I think I might continue with EFGT ratios at the minimum and Maybe another week of fat fast to get some more weight off before I decide to do my summer HCG round I've been planning.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #97

I didn't calculate my calories yesterday , pretty hectic. I had a bunch of pepperoni bites, a string cheese, some crystal lite and I sampled some of the foods I was preparing for todays pot luck , some chicken, some radish and I tasted a spoon full of sugary filling for the pie ,just a lick off the spoon.

I know I didn't eat up to my calories, but I also ate sampled some sugary things like pieces of fruit. But I also worked in the yard for hours and I'm overdue for a BM. I think all together, that's why I don't have any downward motion from yesterday, I'm sure my muscles are sore and rebuilding, and I need to go potty and I ate sugar.

But it was a nice run for a full week. My BF was amazed that a person could lose that much in only a week.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Old 06-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #99

Thanks Lindy!!!

Todays's Weight was up , obviously, but when I checked my goal stats, It's only up to the amount that my goal was for today. So technically I haven't lost any ground since I went below my goal the day before and gained back up to it.

But I don't expect it to stick around. I ate a bunch of food I wouldn't normally eat each day: Cheese bread, rice and beans, Pie, potato. but the Chicken, Eggplant parmesan and Salads were great also. My mouth enjoyed it, my intestines not so much, and I took a carb blocker so by the end of today, all that should be gone. I actually feel good not eating anything this morning! LOL

I won't be fat fasting because I have a lot of leftover salad to eat up, but it is low carb/ low cal so it's no harm. When/if I do another fat fast , I'll post back.

Thanks for watching. and if you are fat fasting don't forget to post so we can cheer you on!!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eguinan
Thank you so much for this post! It was extremely helpful!
eguinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Bump-- someone, myself included may find this very interesting.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/195/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/18/14
I'm glad you bumped this Newest Atkins Fan. I found it to be very interesting.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: catcookie
Stats: 200.5/191/135
WOE: atkins/low carb
Start Date: feb 2009
Me too! I can't find my atkins book and would like to try this.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marloe
Stats: 280/253/160
WOE: Banting Real Meal Revolution Low Carb
Start Date: 26 September 2014
Hi all. This thread seems to have been going for years! I hope this forum is still active on this topic. I have read everything (it took a while!) and it has been seriously helpful. I started the Fat Fast today. I am seriously metabolically challenged and carry most of my weight around my tum so I determined to make this diet work for me. I have been low carbing for 10 weeks now and stalled for 2 weeks. I have been doing some carb cycling recently in an effort to thwart the stall, so I think I am no longer in ketosis. I am happy to do the fat fast for a couple of days, and then I will do the meat and eggs diet. I think I might be happier on that because I do love meat and eggs! However, Fat Fast it is for the next two days. I look forward to getting on the scale in the morning! I have done well today and kept the calories low, fat high and the carbs were around 14. I put everything into the nutrition tracker on *********** and find it really easy to plan and track my intake. Not hungry yet but looking forward to Thursday's meat and eggs!
Marloe is offline   Reply With Quote