Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Nutritional Approach
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #31
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: aunatural
Stats: 150/don't want to know/125
WOE: Breastfeeding-1800 cals 30% from carbs
Start Date: 02/06/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skochrose View Post
I look at it this way. Two pounds in two days is better than whatever it was you lost in two weeks on induction. It sure sounds like metabolic resistance, doesn't it?

I felt really tired personally.
It does sound like metabolic resistance but try getting a doctor to take you seriously when you want to be tested for it. I've just decided to do what I can now and bring it up with him again at my next check up. I was actually good on the first day and didn't feel tired at all. It started to catch up with me on the afternoon of the second day. I wasn't tired. I just felt kind of spacey. It's hard to describe.
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skochrose
Stats: 152/150/130-135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 4, 2006
I agree with the doctor thing. I think we have to find a doctor that practices holistically as well as by the synthetic book in order for them to even believe in metabolic resistance.
Skochrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tippy Toes
Stats: 263/150/150 to 155
Start Date: April 16 2004
Recipe I use doing the fat fast:

Mr. Neezies Ketogenic No Bake Chocolate Pie

1 box of sugar free white chocolate pudding
8 oz of cream cheese
1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream
2 oz of finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
4 teaspoons of Splenda
4 tablespoons of butter

Melt butter (nuke), add nuts, mix well and press into a 9" pie plate, cover and place in fridge. In large bowl add heavy cream, mix on low with mixer. Add pudding slowly. When mixed beat on high till fluffy. Fold in room temp cream cheese by hand and mix till blended. Spread over nut crust in pie plate and chill 1 hour. Entire pie is 8 slices @ 250 calories each and is 90% fat (or close).

I am on my way to the store! Pie for dinner--whoohoo!
Tippy Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #34
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Tippy Toes,

That pie recipe sounds yummy, I may make it for myself to eat after Christmas dinner. Everyone else will be having chocolate cake!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tracey, as a dessert it is pretty high in calories and it does have some carbs. I only use it for the fat fast. Sorry, just don't want you to get in trouble, lol. But, they have some real good dessert recipes here in the recipe room that may better fit. Even pumpkin cheesecake!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy Toes View Post
Tracey, as a dessert it is pretty high in calories and it does have some carbs. I only use it for the fat fast. Sorry, just don't want you to get in trouble, lol. But, they have some real good dessert recipes here in the recipe room that may better fit. Even pumpkin cheesecake!
Oh my goodness! I am salavating! Ha Ha
Old 12-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made it thru day 1 of the fat fast and lost one pound so far. I can really only stay at 80% fat or I feel yucky.

Menu yesterday:

Walnuts and cream cheese (1 oz each)
Walnuts and cream cheese again (")
White chocolate pie
1 cup of beef broth reduced sodium
4 deli slices of raost beef (OK, I caved but only a little, lol)
Old 12-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

I know, I know. It is harder than it sounds. Good job on day 1.

I too am down today 1 lb! I am trying the M/E for a couple of days. Had roast beef at lunch today as well at a good ol' NE restaurant/bar. Nope, no drinks!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am doing meat/egg tomorrow too. Congrats back at ya!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #40
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
I made it thru day 1 of the fat fast and lost one pound so far. I can really only stay at 80% fat or I feel yucky.

Menu yesterday:

Walnuts and cream cheese (1 oz each)
Walnuts and cream cheese again (")
White chocolate pie
1 cup of beef broth reduced sodium
4 deli slices of raost beef (OK, I caved but only a little, lol)
Good for you Tippy Toes! I think one of the hardest things for me was trying to swallow that cream cheese. It's good with other stuff but on its own, it was hard to get it down. I'll run the cheesecake recipe through my Mastercook so I don't overdo it. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #41
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Just in case anyone was curious...according to Mastercook this recipe has 27.5 g fat, 16.7 grams sat. fat, 87 mg. chol, 5.7 g carbs, 3.2 g protein
Old 12-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Tracey - I assume the carb count is per serving.?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #43
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Tracey - I assume the carb count is per serving.?
Yep, per slice and assumes 8 slices.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

My my, I may have to go on FF just to try the darn pie!!!

See, true sign of a food addict!!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:36 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, the pie is tempting, isn't it? I also saw a sugar free cheesecake pudding I think would work for it.

Reporting in:

Did not keep fats high enough. Had 2 oz of unsalted macadamia nuts, one slice of pie and 5 slices of deli raost beef rolled up with mayo. I know roast beef is not allowed, lol. Still, lost a half pound. My reward? Off to lower my stats...

Meat egg today and going to try to keep fats as low as possible.

What's everyone else doing today?
Old 12-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Woo Hoo!!

I am down a pound today! I am heading to the gym this AM (after coffee-I hardly slept with this keotosis but usually do).

We are having the neighbors over for our 2nd annual "Calm before the Storm" Christmas party. I am doing the FF more so today. And, TT, the ONLY REASON I am doing the FF today is TO EAT THE WHITE CHOCOLATE PIE TONIGHT!!!

I think by doing this I will be sure not to cheat - even though I don't feel like eating any way. But for me to join in and have something too will be so nice, you know?

Here's the question, how in the heck do I avoid sharing it with the rest of my guests???
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, that's easy... Just tell them it's diet food and they will all run the other way. Have a great day!
Old 12-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #48
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:

Meat egg today and going to try to keep fats as low as possible.

What's everyone else doing today?
I've been doing meat and eggs pretty much since this past Wednesday and was down to 143 this morning. I am hoping to maintain that way of eating through Christmas. It will be hard though. My mother in law cooks up a storm and is not afraid to put you on the stop if she notices you being picky about what she cooked. I can hear her now..."Tracey, you're not having any (insert carby, high calorie food here)?" And, if I say that I'm trying to watch what I eat, a snide remark from her husband will surely follow. Marrying into a Southern family has been a mixed blessing. They tend to think that feeding you is taking care of you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Highest pregnancy weight- 179 lbs. Weight @ 1 week PP- 164 pounds. Weight @ 6 weeks PP- 155 pounds
Old 12-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #49
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I suspect my weight will be up tomorrow. I ate some vegetables today and this is usually when low carb starts going down hill for me. I am not a vegetable or a salad person so it's not as though I eat gobs of them when I do eat them. Today I had about a cup of broccoli and a salad with about 1.5 to 2 cups lettuce, 1 slice tomato, and 2 slices of cucumber with my usual 1 oz of ranch dressing. There are plenty of low carbers who eat this, and more, with no problem. I will weigh tomorrow and let you guys know if I'm down (or up) any. I will be happy if I just stay the same but I doubt it.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Tracey, you're not having any (insert carby, high calorie food here)?" And, if I say that I'm trying to watch what I eat, a snide remark from her husband will surely follow. Marrying into a Southern family has been a mixed blessing. They tend to think that feeding you is taking care of you.
I too find it amazing that people become offended in a sense because we aren't eating everything in sight. I've heard, "You are missing out on life," because I won't eat desserts and sweets. WHAT? Somewhere along the line food became an ego boost, a way to say 'I love you and if you don't eat this you don't love me', and entertainment; not just a necessity to sustain life!

Where did our society take a left turn?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Tracey, I too am from the south and love = food. More food means more love, lol. It took me a long time to convince my inlaws that I was doing fine on a low carb diet and that no matter what, I was NOT going to eat off plan. I sure got sick of hearing "just this once" and finally they have quit with it. I always take a low carb casserole to any family events. Tomorrow I am taking a ham plus a huge Almost Loaded Baked Potato casserole from Linda Sues recipe site. Of course it is really cauliflower with more cheeses than veggies. Funny thing is, everyone just loves it--as long as I tell them it is potatoes. Afterwards I tell them it is cauliflower, lol. I have told folks in advance what was in it and they wouldn't eat it. That is the exception--usually it is all gone first.

Sorry to babble... :blush: I did not lose any more weight yesterday but so far have maintained my fat fast 1.5 lb loss. Beats a gain. Tomorrow I am sure we will all blow up with sodium, large portions, ect, lol. It is to be expected. Water weight takes about 3 days to rid. So, I suggest we start a damage control plan of sorts after the damage occurs... Who's in and what plan will you use?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #52
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
I too find it amazing that people become offended in a sense because we aren't eating everything in sight. I've heard, "You are missing out on life," because I won't eat desserts and sweets. WHAT? Somewhere along the line food became an ego boost, a way to say 'I love you and if you don't eat this you don't love me', and entertainment; not just a necessity to sustain life!

Where did our society take a left turn?
I know what you mean. Everyone I know knows that I don't eat just anything. Yet, my co-workers give me chocolate for Christmas. They bring in baked goods, which is fine, but if I say no or maybe later, they will actually bring some and sit it on my desk just to be sure I get some before it's all gone. I really appreciate their generosity and consideration but, I really wish it wasn't always food.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #53
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
It took me a long time to convince my inlaws that I was doing fine on a low carb diet...
I am still working on this a full 4+ years after I changed my eating habits. I know they mean well so I just try to remain committed and not bow to the pressure. My mother-in-law brought over 3 (yes 3) desserts for dinner tomorrow even after we previously discussed the menu and decided on no dessert. Oh, well. I've already made up my mind not to eat any. Have a great Christmas you two!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imani
WOE: EFGT, Metabolism miracle
Start Date: Oct 9, 2009
May I join you...

I am interested in doing the meat fast or the fat fast. I have been on plan for 14 days and have had only a 4 pound weight loss. I am trying to think of the things that could be stalling me. I usually lose between 10 and 15 pounds. I have had a hamhock this AM am going to the grocery store to get more supplies. Check in later.....when you all do meat fast...do you do high or low fat...that may determine which plan I do....
imani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #55
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imani View Post
when you all do meat fast...do you do high or low fat...that may determine which plan I do....
Hi Imani,

I can't say that I go for high or low fat. I tend to eat a bit of both. Sausage/bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken or tuna for lunch, and chicken or beef for dinner is a typical day for me.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

OH OH. I need to get back at it - I did ok - no sugar, no starches. But I think I mixed too much of FF and meat and eggs. I don't think that was a good idea. Being on either of those and having even a few carbs throws be in reverse. That part really frightens me.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am interested in doing the meat fast or the fat fast. I have been on plan for 14 days and have had only a 4 pound weight loss. I am trying to think of the things that could be stalling me. I usually lose between 10 and 15 pounds. I have had a hamhock this AM am going to the grocery store to get more supplies. Check in later.....when you all do meat fast...do you do high or low fat...that may determine which plan I do....
Of course you can join us! However, may I send you a bit of caution?... Atkins fat fast, according to the book, is actually dangerous for those who can lose weight any other way... I personally would be doing back flips if I lost 4 lbs in two weeks. I think an average of 2 lbs a week is perfect! I advise you to keep doing what you are. If you stall out with no loss for over a month, then you may want to try something different. Low carb has to be a lifestyle change in order to keep the weight lost off. If you are just starting out I think you can mess the plan up by doing drastic plans. Meaning that you may actually stop your weight loss completly and then be forced to use drastic plans. It can also make climbing the carb ladder impossible later on. The fat fast is no fun at all anyways, trust me.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:49 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi there.

Quote:
I think Tippy Toes is providing you with sound advice - it is no fun and truly only for those that are horribly metabolically resistant; e.g. I lost nothing on induction!

4 lbs is great in two weeks!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I too have tried returning to induction and can't lose a thing. But, I have been at this for such a long time now and I do believe the body can build a resistance level.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: _Blue_
I started the Atkin Fat Fast yesterday... and I'm doing so well... this has been the first day with no appetite, and no more constant food thoughts.

I kind of got ganged up on over at the Atkins Forum, so I left. I don't think they want anyone there there doing anything they don't approve of. See:

Has Anyone Done the ATKINS FAT FAST? - Atkins Diet

Blue
_Blue_ is offline   Reply With Quote