Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /217.5/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Five days in, four pounds down

And I expect some of the reason it's "only" 4 pounds is because I ate a big dinner late last night. (We'd picked up some pork-loin at the deli, because chicken wasn't thawed. I had a nice, healthy helping of that, BUT, it was around 8:30. Which means that when I got up at 6, I hadn't fully eliminated all of it. My weight today was the same as yesterday, but I expect a bigger drop tomorrow.)

Coming back on-plan rather feels like I never left. It's so EASY to make the right choices... Just like when I was in my groove, before.
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lfshelton
Stats: Goal is 135 (5'3" & 45 yrs)
WOE: LC
Start Date: September, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGriffin View Post

And I expect some of the reason it's "only" 4 pounds is because I ate a big dinner late last night. (We'd picked up some pork-loin at the deli, because chicken wasn't thawed. I had a nice, healthy helping of that, BUT, it was around 8:30. Which means that when I got up at 6, I hadn't fully eliminated all of it. My weight today was the same as yesterday, but I expect a bigger drop tomorrow.)

Coming back on-plan rather feels like I never left. It's so EASY to make the right choices... Just like when I was in my groove, before.
Literate, that's awesome! I know I have been in the habit lately of weighing in the afternoon after work (I also weigh in the mornings) and I just love it when I'm either the same weight as the morning or even less because I know the next morning means a drop!

I've been reading several of your posts and have a question for you - really would like any suggestions you may have. I've got a whole cut up chicken that I was going to either cook in the crockpot tonight for tomorrow and part of the weekend, or roast it in the oven tomorrow (in my roaster)... wanted some suggestions on seasonings, flavors, whatever you may lend for a yummy chicken!

Thanks in advance!
lfshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 260/256/???
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/5/14
Way to go!
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Typically, when I roast a chicken I do an herb-rub.

This looks like pouring around 1/4 cup salt in a bowl, and a good-sized handful of sage, then looking around my spice-cupboard to see what else I have. Thyme, parsely, basil? Red-pepper, rosemary, garlic?

I'll skip any of the "sweet spices" (mint, anise, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc), and I'll ALWAYS use sage if I have some, but beyond that, I play. (Sage just goes SO amazingly well with chicken & turkey.) A good quantity of green-herbs, mixed, with salt... Rub all over, and let it sit that way overnight (if you have time). If you roast a whole bird and do the shove-butter-under-the-skin trick to make it self-basting? Roll the butter in your herb-mix, first. (Obviously, this is a cut-up bird, so that part's not relevant.)

My crock-pot skills are limited to soup/chili. I really need to learn to use it for more than that!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lfshelton
Stats: Goal is 135 (5'3" & 45 yrs)
WOE: LC
Start Date: September, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGriffin View Post
Typically, when I roast a chicken I do an herb-rub.

This looks like pouring around 1/4 cup salt in a bowl, and a good-sized handful of sage, then looking around my spice-cupboard to see what else I have. Thyme, parsely, basil? Red-pepper, rosemary, garlic?

I'll skip any of the "sweet spices" (mint, anise, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc), and I'll ALWAYS use sage if I have some, but beyond that, I play. (Sage just goes SO amazingly well with chicken & turkey.) A good quantity of green-herbs, mixed, with salt... Rub all over, and let it sit that way overnight (if you have time). If you roast a whole bird and do the shove-butter-under-the-skin trick to make it self-basting? Roll the butter in your herb-mix, first. (Obviously, this is a cut-up bird, so that part's not relevant.)

My crock-pot skills are limited to soup/chili. I really need to learn to use it for more than that!

Thank you, Ma'am. I'm salivating just thinking about the butter with all those yummy herbs... MMMMMMM

The good thing, even though it's a cut up whole chicken, it still has the skin on it, so I think I might go with the mixing the butter with the herbs and shoving it uder the skin and then on top and letting it rest over night... I can always put it in the oven tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks so much!

By the way - I love love love my crockpot! It's great to shove something in it and then off to work...when I walk in the door in the afternoon, dinner is done!

Lisa
lfshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amber_Baby
Stats: 256/247/168, 5'9", 27
Start Date: 8th December 2015
Nicely done and I feel exactly the same about being back on plan- today is day four me and in all honesty I have found it incredibly easy!
Amber_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dcmike
Stats: 300/225/200
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Congrats on the loss!!
dcmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Rockstar... WTG!
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Down the better part of 6 pounds... Was over 6 lbs down yesterday. lol (Up 0.2 today from yesterday, so at 5.9 down from start. ~chuckles~)

This is my first little "up" since I started, and I'm not fazed. I had a couple diet sodas yesterday, and a relatively-high-carb breakfast*, which probably accounts for the gain. I'm drinking water today, so we'll get all that garbage washed out.

Have a pot-luck event tonight. (These happen pretty regularly for me, as there's a small group of us who meet up... The others tend to bring very sugar-y things.) I'm bringing meatballs. Picked up 2 lbs of ground pork (roughly $2.50/lb), 1 lb of ground beef (cheapest I found was $5 a lb!!! When did hamburger get so expensive?!?) and 1 lb of ground turkey (because I couldn't afford more beef!) Going to toss in a few eggs, some powdered Parmesan, a shot of Worcester, some grated cheese (see what we have in the cheese-drawer), and a bunch of herbs. (I'm thinking Italian style, since I don't have the bleu cheese or hot-sauce to do Buffalo, and I don't want to go to the store till tomorrow.) Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, and stab one with a meat thermometer (since I want to be sure the pork & turkey are DONE).

It's a quick-fix, and there'll be enough leftover for the hubby & kids to eat some while I'm gone.

* This looked like McDonald's folded eggs, cheese, and sausage. Both the folded eggs and the cheese have more carbs than I'd like, but I really can't tolerate their real eggs. The cooking method makes me want to gag on them. So this is a compromise.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 260/256/???
Start Date: 12/5/14
Meatballs are always a hit and so yummy!

I also add a little cream or half and half (2 tablespoons per 1 pound of meat) in with the parmesan, eggs, and seasoning - it really moistens the meatballs up nicely.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote