Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TriLover
Stats: 193/193/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/8/2014
Day 1!

Excited to start this new journey... and I cooked my eggs this morning with LOTS of yummy butter... this WOE feels so indulgent that it can't possibly work, but I know it can.

So today is day 1. My goal is to lose about 40 lbs in four months. But even if I don't reach this aggressive target, I know I'll be in a better and healthier place in four months regardless of how much I lose.

Stoked!!! After deprivation and crash diets where I just end up grumpier and chubbier than when I began, I'm ready to do this right!!

What are your success stories with this way of eating? I want to hear all about your successes!
TriLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome!! I lost 67 lbs since 2012. Then after a hysterectomy, Thyroid messing up And quitting smoking I have gained back a Lot of weight. But I refuse to give up so i'm back at it!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TriLover
Stats: 193/193/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/8/2014
Thanks, Shelly, and welcome back!! Just got done having a bunch of beef roast.... yummers... lol... I forgot how wonderful it was to eat! :P And don't give up! I don't intend to!
TriLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /214.9/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
Like Princess Mommy, I've had success here before. You can see my current stats -- start, now, and goal. What you can't see is that I got down to the 180s (50 pounds or so down).

Then, I had a horrible, horrible year where what I ate was the VERY far from being on my top-ten list of things to worry (or even think) about. So after 1.5 years of effortless maintenance, I managed to gain most of it back in around 6 months.

Slowly, I've been putting my life back together, including getting back on track with my eating. For me, I feel so much better in every way when I'm eating like I should that it takes some seriously self-destructive urges to get me off-track.

And yes -- I DO enjoy my "diet-food": Whether it's a nicely marbled rib-eye (topped with a little butter, just because) and asparagus, or the cream-cheese-stuffed black olives I just recently brought as hors d'oeuvres to a pot-luck.

I swear, we eat like kings on this plan! And we leave the table SATISFIED (not just "full"), and feeling fueled by our means (not like we need a nap after, for our brains to start working again).

Some folks have a couple days during Induction where it is difficult -- usually around Day 3, that's referred to as "Induction flu". I never do -- I feel better when I cut out the carb crap. IBS goes away, and so does fatigue.

And on TOP of that, you get to become The Incredible Shrinking Woman! Be sure to take some "before" pics now, and stow them away someplace. When those four months you've given yourself are over, take some new pics (same poses) and compare them.

For ME, it tends to take about 5-6 months till I really start *seeing* the changes, just because of the paper towel effect, and the fact that I look in the mirror every day. I pretty much have to drop two full dress sizes before I SEE. And by then, none of my clothes fit anymore.
LiterateGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I went form being a frumpy couch potato that never did anything more strenuous than run errands and visit the drive-thru, to someone that enjoys working out and will happily say "Sure!" If a friend asks, "Want to do a 5K this weekend?"

I have had some stumbles along the way (as evidenced by my stats to the left), but I never felt like I went back to being that "Before Gina" on the couch eating cookies.

What kind of tris do you love? Tricycles or triathlons?
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristopia
Stats: 320/245/160
WOE: Low-low carb
Start Date: May, 2011
I think I have at least one pair of jeans, or tops, or a dress in every size from 24 down to a 14 (which is acutally the size I look and feel my best). My highest weight was 320 lbs, though I did NOT save any clothing from that size range. I hope to never go there again. I did lose down to a size 14, but the last three years have seen a steady regain - call it relationship weight, call it what you will, it's depressing.

I also have found that I have multiple food sensitivities (egg WHITES? seriously? And iceberg/romaine lettuces - weird), but most of my sensitivities/intolerances fall in the carby categories, so LC is the only way to lose for me. Now that the wedding has happened, and graduate finals are over for awhile, I'm concentrating on ME. Congratulations to YOU for doing the same.
Kristopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dcmike
Stats: 300/223/200
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2, 2014
I've lost 73 pounds in just over six months. I've gone from either a 44/42 waist to a 36 currently. I went from being a couch potato to going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I still have a little way to go to reach goal, but I am constantly being told I look like a completely new person. I've even had a couple of people fail to recognize me because I look so differently.

Welcome to Atkins - I hope you have a great success!!
dcmike is offline   Reply With Quote