Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lfshelton
Stats: Goal is 135 (5'3" & 45 yrs)
WOE: LC
Start Date: September, 2014
Almost a week and NO RESULTS on the SCALE!!!

Good Saturday Morning, everyone. I'm feeling a bit discouraged and need some positive vibes shot my way.

I have been following Induction since Monday and I thought I was doing pretty good...but the scale hasn't budged! I really need to stick with this and I am going to, but I'm that person who needs something...a sign...a lower number, etc. to show me that I'm actually achieving what I'm working toward.

Any pointers? Suggestions? I'm eating my veggies, eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese (going to start cutting back on the cheese...I don't believe I'm eating over the acceptable amount, but just in case I'm sensitive...).

I appreciate your responses and am open to all your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
lfshelton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
What's your daily menu look like? Do you know how many calories / carbs you're consuming each day? Which version of Atkins are you following? Some of us have found that we need to follow the strict Atkins 72 version to start really losing.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Good morning , MtherGoos. Here's what I've been eating...

Hello everyone! Here is what I had today...

B- 2 egg muffins (I scrambled about 10-12 eggs, added some shredded sharp cheddar, cooked sausage, fresh baby spinach, and half n half then poured into muffin tin pan (18) and baked at 350 for approx. 13 minutes or until set). Very very good!!

32 oz of water

S- celery with cream cheese and green bell pepper slices with Tbsp. of ranch

L- approx 2 cups of chopped romaine, iceberg, and baby spinach (salad) with 2 slices of bacon, 2 boiled eggs (sliced), shredded cheddar, sliced bell peppers, grilled chicken breast and ranch - very filling...couldn't finish it.

32 oz. water

S- 2 boiled eggs ( I feel like I'm having too many eggs???)

D- it's 7:02pm in CST zone and I'm not even hungry... Is this ok? Should I eat something?

Still drinking water... Lol

I'm not counting calories, but definitely staying under 20g of carbs per day... My keto sticks show that I'm in ketosis but the scale just isn't budging!

I'm not hungry, and I feel lighter, but I'd like to see a different number! Lol

Maybe I need to be more patient and perhaps weigh only once a week???

Your stats are AWESOME!!! Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment!

What's a typical menu look like for you? Atkins '72 Induction? I had the DANDR but can't find it. Need to visit the used book store again to get another copy.

Thanks so much for your response.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Atkins 72 version is just basically meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Pretty much no veggies. Most of us following the plan have found that we just can't lose weight eating all the veggies allowed in the later versions of the diet. And we can't total carbs, not net carbs. So most of us stay under 10 total carbs per day, with our carbs basically coming from our eggs and cheese. It's strict, but very effective.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
The Atkins 72 version is just basically meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. Pretty much no veggies. Most of us following the plan have found that we just can't lose weight eating all the veggies allowed in the later versions of the diet. And we can't total carbs, not net carbs. So most of us stay under 10 total carbs per day, with our carbs basically coming from our eggs and cheese. It's strict, but very effective.
Thank you! I guess I can give that a try... I don't feel like I'm eating a whole bunch of veggies...but what the heck, right?

I know everyone is different, but I just feel like I should've seen some sort of something by now... Today is 1 week since I started. I'm in ketosis (according to my sticks) so I'm behooved as to why nothing is showing? Does it just take a long time for my body to start letting go of this excess weight?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Everyone is different, so I can't say what is normal for your particular body. Unfortunately there just isn't any "normal". For ME, your meal plan includes way more veggies than I could lose weight eating. But you may find that you are different. If the 72 version seems to strict, maybe just stick with what you're doing for a while and see if you start losing. It could just be that your body is adjusting.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
I have an extremely hard time losing weight no matter what I do, even keep carbs very low! I'm starting my second week and although I'm in ketosis, I haven't lost anything but a pound. The only veggies I'm having is a cup of lettuce, and a little bit of avocado (not '72, if that's what you're doing).

Neither of the apps I'm using to track things have been updated on my iPhone yet , so I'm not tracking carbs OR calories at the moment, but I'm just eating meat, eggs, cheese, and fat aside from the veggies mentioned.

Hope you see the scale move soon .. hope we BOTH do!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Mther and Vanilla - appreciate your feedback... I'm determined to win this battle...so I am going to stick with what I've been doing - I might ditch some of the salad that I've been eating though - it's not been that enticing anyway! lol

Vanilla - interesting that we seem to be experiencing similar obstacles... let's keep up with each other and perhaps post our menus to see what happens in another week or so. The oddest thing is I feel great - not as bloated as before this WOE, and I feel like I'm slimmed down - I know, it's only been a week, but I do feel some sort of something... Hahahaha (mind games we play, huh?)

Anyway...good luck to us. Let's keep trucking - our bodies will eventually have to let go of it, right? I mean, if we're not feeding it the junk, it has no choice but to give it up!

Here's to seeing the numbers come down...
Old 09-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AaronsMommy
Make sure you are measuring your body I haven't lost much the past two weeks but I am in ketosis and I can SEE myself shrinking and the measuring tape is agreeing that I am getting smaller. I read on here about a theory that your fat cells will hold water for a period of time after using the fat in them that usually keeps them plump. I am not explaining it right, and it seems a little far fetched but it goes along with my experiences with "whooshes" where I lost 2 or 3lbs overnight after being stalled for days/weeks.
AaronsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You explained it just fine! That is pretty much how it works, they empty of fat and fill with water, and then they'll finally empty of water too and then you'll see your loss on the scale.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:40 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronsMommy View Post
Make sure you are measuring your body I haven't lost much the past two weeks but I am in ketosis and I can SEE myself shrinking and the measuring tape is agreeing that I am getting smaller. I read on here about a theory that your fat cells will hold water for a period of time after using the fat in them that usually keeps them plump. I am not explaining it right, and it seems a little far fetched but it goes along with my experiences with "whooshes" where I lost 2 or 3lbs overnight after being stalled for days/weeks.
Aarons, thank you for that bit of insight. I've lurked on these boards for many years and remember reading about the 'whooshes' - back then, I never stuck with the program long enough to experience one but I will experience many this time around because I don't plan on giving in (or up!) I plan on being here a long time ! lol

It does make sense though... I'm also thinking too that my mind might be trying to railroad my body (and me) because this morning, I felt fatter than I have all last week. What gives? Interestingly enough too - last night when I tested my urine with the ketostyx, OMG.. I've never been that purple before either... So I'm telling myself look you're body is eating your fat away... LOL Then I wake up feeling fat! UGH

Anyway, again, I really do appreicate all of your insight (everyone who has responded to my post) and I will be getting my measuring tape out tonight. Question... Is there a best time to measure?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfshelton View Post
Mther and Vanilla - appreciate your feedback... I'm determined to win this battle...so I am going to stick with what I've been doing - I might ditch some of the salad that I've been eating though - it's not been that enticing anyway! lol

Vanilla - interesting that we seem to be experiencing similar obstacles... let's keep up with each other and perhaps post our menus to see what happens in another week or so. The oddest thing is I feel great - not as bloated as before this WOE, and I feel like I'm slimmed down - I know, it's only been a week, but I do feel some sort of something... Hahahaha (mind games we play, huh?)

Anyway...good luck to us. Let's keep trucking - our bodies will eventually have to let go of it, right? I mean, if we're not feeding it the junk, it has no choice but to give it up!

Here's to seeing the numbers come down...
I HOPE they begin coming down!! I haven't weighed since Saturday and decided to do so today - up .5 lb. I haven't measured, but nothing feels better yet. Last year, I cut out carbs, wheat, and sugar - didn't lose anything in pounds or inches over a 2-3 month period. Very disheartening and frustrating.

I noticed in the other thread you use half-n-half. Have you considered heavy whipping cream? It's lower in carbs and full fat. I wish more restaurants would use it. I've taken to taking my own when I know I'm going to have coffee. We get HEB brand - it seems to be the cheapest.

I don't know if you saw in the other thread, but I know your "neck of the woods".
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I HOPE they begin coming down!! I haven't weighed since Saturday and decided to do so today - up .5 lb. I haven't measured, but nothing feels better yet. Last year, I cut out carbs, wheat, and sugar - didn't lose anything in pounds or inches over a 2-3 month period. Very disheartening and frustrating.

I noticed in the other thread you use half-n-half. Have you considered heavy whipping cream? It's lower in carbs and full fat. I wish more restaurants would use it. I've taken to taking my own when I know I'm going to have coffee. We get HEB brand - it seems to be the cheapest.

I don't know if you saw in the other thread, but I know your "neck of the woods".
Hey, Vanilla... I keep wanting to add Ice - Vanilla Ice - hehehe You and I are going to see movement on that dang scale - I just know it. We have to continue on and be strong. Hard heads prevail - LOL!

You're probably not going to believe this...but everytime I reach for the HWC, I stop and think that's too much fat... I know, I know... I must retrain my brain! I think the plan of action is to not buy the half n half and that way I will be forced to use the HWC. I just ran out of it today - so now I must run to the store (HEB) and grab some HWC...

So how do you know my neck of the woods? Are we close? Or have you been here?

I might have missed it, but what's on your menu for the day?
Old 09-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AaronsMommy
Quote:

It does make sense though... I'm also thinking too that my mind might be trying to railroad my body (and me) because this morning, I felt fatter than I have all last week. What gives? Interestingly enough too - last night when I tested my urine with the ketostyx, OMG.. I've never been that purple before either... So I'm telling myself look you're body is eating your fat away... LOL Then I wake up feeling fat! UGH

Anyway, again, I really do appreicate all of your insight (everyone who has responded to my post) and I will be getting my measuring tape out tonight. Question... Is there a best time to measure?

Thanks in advance!
Best time to measure is first thing in the morning. I'm old, and have had fifty million kids (well, it just feels that way.... ) my body is very different when I wake to what it is before bed. I figure upon waking is the most consistent number.

Every night before bed I use a ketostick, and I go to bed knowing that I have been in Ketosis all day and will be all night. My body is eating away at the fat. So when I wake up and the scale hasn't budged or gone UP I know it is okay, it is just water. Don't forget that stress and hormones play a part in all of this. Keep up with lcing, the results are coming
AaronsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey, Vanilla... I keep wanting to add Ice - Vanilla Ice - hehehe You and I are going to see movement on that dang scale - I just know it. We have to continue on and be strong. Hard heads prevail - LOL!

You're probably not going to believe this...but everytime I reach for the HWC, I stop and think that's too much fat... I know, I know... I must retrain my brain! I think the plan of action is to not buy the half n half and that way I will be forced to use the HWC. I just ran out of it today - so now I must run to the store (HEB) and grab some HWC...

So how do you know my neck of the woods? Are we close? Or have you been here?

I might have missed it, but what's on your menu for the day?
Ice Ice Baby!

The app I use to track carbs (and calories) finally got updated, but they didn't fix it for the bigger screen yet (iPhone 6). But, at least I can add things. Need to see if I'm eating enough or not. I actually tend to undereat - doesn't that just defy the laws of gravity????

About the heavy whipping cream ... DO IT!!!!! For one, it's much more satisfying than half-n-half and takes way less to do so. If I forget my cream at a restaurant, it takes double the amount which means more carbs. Do it, get the HWC.

Food plans for today:

B: BPC
S: HB egg w/mayo
L: Tuna w/mayo, sf pickles
S: HB egg w/mayo
D: Never sure till it comes time.

I'll have "niblets" during the day that I don't count in the meals - a fat bomb or two, a slice of cheese, occasionally a diet soda w/cream.

We eat salads a lot - usually every night during the week. I may cut out that little bit of lettuce and see if that helps anything. Surely, I can't be THAT carb sensitive?

Hard heads unite!!!

I'll PM you about the location.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla - I can hear the beat in the background...

I need to know of this app you're using to track... Please do share. I have an iPhone 5c...so please please please let me know.

Ok - you've convinced me on the HWC...now that you mention it, I do notice that I'm craving a bit more creaminess whenever I use the HnH...I'm betting you're right on with the HWC and the fact I wouldn't have to use as much. Good call there, missy!

Yeah...cut that lettuce/salad stuff for a few days and let us know if that helped out...that's what I'm doing as well.

BTW...my filet mignon with bleu cheese/butter sauce for lunch was divine!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Ok, LCFriends, now I'm just hacked off!!!

Yesterday and last night I was in deeeeeep purple on my ketostyx and this afternoon, just a trace!!!

I'm trying to determine WTH went wrong today... Any suggestions or thoughts?? I'm almost determined to call the restaurant I visited for lunch to inquire about their cooking practices for steaks and salad dressing...

B - 3 eggs scrambled in butter; coffee with half n half and sugar-free vanilla syrup

Water in between all meals - up tp approx 64 oz. during work hours

S - grilled shrimp

L - Saltgrass 6 oz fillet mignon with blue cheese/butter sauce on the side and a Caesar salad... Literally only took about 3-4 bites and then the steak came!

S - Starbucks sugar free vanilla breve latte with extra whip (treat from a co-worker)

D - not sure I should even eat!!!

Ugh...
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning and Happy HUMMMP DAAAAY! Just a few more days until the weekend (well I consider Friday the start of the weekend!)

Hello, October! Please be good to me.

Here's the deal...I weighed this morning and I'm officially down (FINALLY) 4 lbs. I finally feel like I've accomplished something - after 9 days of LCing my scale has moved!!

Here's to more losses!!

Menu for today (I'm winging it because I woke up late and wasn't able to pack my bag for work )

Coffee with HWC
B - 3 eggs scrambled with bacon and cheese (w/butter)
S - boiled eggs (2)
L - probably tuna or chicken salad from the cafe downstairs (?) or the cut up grilled chicken breast I did manage to grab this morning
S - couple of cheese cubes
D - Not sure about din din just yet.

Last night the plan was to fix sauteed shrimp and sausage with LC Alfredo sauce, but seriously was not hungry at all so didn't fix it. I was down a son last night (youngest spent the night at a friend's house) and my oldest is easy to please (thankfully) so I just threw some chicken nuggets in the oven for him and VOILA! Dinner was served. Maybe I'll feel like cooking this evening and make what was for dinner last night tonight. Y'all get that?

Vanilla - I used HWC in my coffee this morning! I loooooved it way better than HnH!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I'll message you those apps. They're free, but I'm never sure if I can post them here or not.

I'm frustrated, too. I'm beginning my fourth week and am GAINING. I'm in ketosis, appetite is under control, seeing carby things don't get to me, etc. But, I still feel bloated, clothes don't feel better. The only "good" I feel is knowing I'm not throwing carbs into my body.

I'm not "hardcore", but I am just eating meat, eggs, and fats. I'm still eating a little bit of lettuce for my salads.

I'm beginning today to track my calories. I think I'll ask a question in the other thread about calories and how much.

Glad you liked the HWC!