Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: 188
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Making Atkins My Lifestyle: September 21, 2014
Induction Monday September 22 anyone?

Hi to all my Low Carb Friends,

I just found out I am hypothyroid, insulin resistant and more
I did Atkins years ago with good success, but went back to my terrible junk food diet. I am making lifestyle change here and for me it starts with Induction.

I sure would like some support on the journey. Coming off sugar is a challenge for me, but I KNOW I can do this!

Would anyone like to join me for a 2 week induction support thread?
I am going to post daily and hopefully you will too. Let's support each other in kicking off a fresh induction...even if, like me, it's not your first.
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Today I started to clean out my kitchen. I need to get things out of my house that will be too tempting if I have a weak moment.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarah9678
Start Date: September 20, 2014
Me! Me! Me!

in fact, this is my first post on this site! I was looking for low carb recipes and found you all!

Short background...

Since I was in elementary school, I was always sick. Pains, headaches, shakes, nerve issues, ect. It didn't matter if I ate a salad or a four course meal, I felt like I was going to die of hunger 10 mins later. Seriously, I would have eaten the cabinets if I could.

After seeing EVERY kind of doctor and always being told what is wasn't (thyroid, diabetes ect) I finally saw an Endocronologist and after some blood work, found out I was insulin resistant. She said my insulin levels were so high, its no wonder I have felt terrible for 30ish years.

This was last Sept. I was told to go on the Atkins and learn to change my way of eating to low carb, little to no sugar.

In Oct of last year, I started....I FELT AMAZING! I could walk up the stairs to my house and not need a nap or help breathing, I wasn't hungry, tired, dizzy...NO NERVE issues! I can't even begin to tell you how good I felt. I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks and hadn't even started to exercise yet.

THEN...SURPRISE...I was pregnant (even though I went through a procedure 4 yrs ago for endometreoisis and was told I would never have kids again) It was so difficult for me to accept this at the beginning. I had to change some of the induction things (really I ate anything I could keep down for the first 3 mos) I ended up gaining almost 30lbs and am almost back to my pre preggo weight!

I have been playing with the idea of starting again and just hadn't fully commited. It is hard when you have a 3 month old and you realize you hadn't eaten and lunch was 3 hours ago...ect.

I have spent the last few days writing down meal ideas for bfast, lunch dinner and snacks and started to buy stuff today (getting fresh meat and veggies tomorrow)

I start back at work on Monday, and want to be prepared with meals made, packed and ready for the week.

I also have a husband and two other kids to get ready (7yr old and 16yr old)

Today I did good...my hardest thing is water...

I am making small goals each week...this week is get the water in. I tend to drink a few cups of coffee a day and that is it. I get dehydrated so WATER IS MY GOAL!!

Feel free to push me!! I need this more for the health benefits than weight (of course I NEED to lose 50-60lbs though)

WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!

Sarah
sarah9678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sarah!

I am back to Atkins too and am so excited for this journey! So excited to "meet" you.

I am going to go for groceries tomorrow and get my ducks in a row for Monday.

We can do this!!

I hope more will join us on this journey!
Sandy