Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
back... again (is it ok if i come back?)

So, I have been a member for a while, I keep saying I am starting... and then not. and I only have myself to blame.

Now I have my doctor telling me I need to do a low fat/low cholesterol to lower my triglycerides and lose weight, but I have tried that in the past. I was hungry and grumpy all the time, had trouble sleeping and thinking, while on low carb I had energy, i felt satisfied, and my blood work was fantastic.

So now I am coming back, even though the doc wants me on the traditional view of LF/LChol, because studies are showing LC is more effective at weight loss and heart health.

So here we go again. Its hard to make the transition, especially with my busy schedule, which i am trying to ease (work full time, school 3 nights a week, personal trainer two nights a week, cram eveything else into the weekend...)

Sigh.

So is it ok if i come back?

eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Welcome back to our little family. We're glad you're here!

I think it's challenging to stay committed a plan where you consume copious quantities of bacon, butter, and heavy cream if you are inherently afraid of fat. I know that has derailed me in the past. Several times. Even now, if I read something about the evils of saturated fat I have to overtly negate it.

It does fly in the face of logic that eating "heart healthy whole grains" is MUCH worse for you than eating bacon and eggs, because that's what's been pounded into our collective grain-addled brains for 40 years, and many doctors aren't hip to it.

So go LCHF and show your doc a thing or two! Best wishes to you!
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MathMom
Stats: 223/216.6/145
Start Date: September 2014
I am back as well......I have lost over 60 pounds following Atkins in the past but slowly gained all back plus 15. I am committed to do it again.....
MathMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
Send this link to your doctor:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/02/he...-fat-diet.html

And welcome back!
Amélie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halldot
Stats: fat/still fat/130
WOE: atkins
Start Date: restarted induction 09/2014
Welcome back! I'm also back after gaining it all back, but this time I'm going to stick to it!!! Read the article (part 1 and 2) in the main low carb lobby - great info. I was the cheater - after doing it successfully in 2003 I gained it all back plus extra due to surgery and meds. When I tried to do it again I never fully did it like I did the first time. Instead I incorporated all those wonderful goodies that are low carb but still not low enough for me when trying to lose. Also not induction friendly. This time I start tomorrow and will do induction based on DANDR - 2 weeks, no nuts, grains, etc... Then I will do the carb ladder slowly adding a few things in like the books states - more veggies, occasional berries, nuts, etc. Let's just encourage each other, we can do it!!!

Lost it all before, then it all came back and brought friends after I had brain surgery for a tumor and was put on steroids. Starting over 9/07.

Two words that should never be in the same sentence together - or same meal - FLAX and MALTITOL......
halldot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moniruth
Stats: 209/198/150
WOE: Atkins Induction/Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Sept 6th 2014
Hi all,

I am also back after losing 40# and gaining all back. And some. This is my ??th time starting again, and this time I have a gym membership and a personal trainer...and my DH has said things like "you should go back on Atkins because you are so much happier when you do it". So...with support like that, I started again on Saturday. Day 3 for me, I do feel happier. Love that I know what I'm doing too, and feel like this time is gonna be awesome.
moniruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatieK21532
Stats: 218/188.5/150
Start Date: June 27, 2014
Giving up sugar will improve your triglyceride levels and weight through a low carb program that works for you far more than a low fat/low cholesterol diet. I highly recommend reading the book Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. It will completely open your eyes to the lack of good science behind the current U.S. dietary recommendations.
KatieK21532 is offline   Reply With Quote