Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ziggaki
Update!What i've learned.

Hello!
Long time no post from me on here! Hope you are all doing well and getting closer to your goals!

I really don't know where to put this thread, so im just putting it in this section as this is the section i have posted more. I will try to make this as short as i can.

I tried to go low carb since april, i have learned a lot since then! June 1, i said NO to carbs completely so i can start over, fresh start. So for all i know, basically for two months i was on the stillman's diet. Steak and eggs. Nothing else. I can say it was simple and i really felt full, no craves, nothing. I could really stick to that way of eating for more, seriously, im even considering going back. But, i really felt the need for vegetables. Lots of em. (i am learning to listen to my body, from what it might crave to how much to eat till i am really full and not burst my stomach)

So, i am pretty much a vegetarian the last 5 days(i have to admit, i am OBSESSED with spinach smoothies..!!!). I can say i do feel more energetic while doing my workouts, i am bloated though, not a nice feeling, but i really am still trying to figure out what i will be eating and how much. It's the adjusting period i guess, and it is familiar to me from my entering the low carb life. i think i will be able to tell you more about the vegetarian path in a couple of weeks.

What i have learned from my journey till here, if i can put it in 4 words it would be : To.Eat.Whole.Foods. and i am SO happy i have learned that. I have become a label reader. I am into all sorts of spices, teas and in general i am having a blast of taking care of myself and my nutrition in this case.

In the long run i want to actually go paleo, don't want to stick to the vegetarian part for long.Thing is, i haven't decided which way to go. Calorie or low carb? and i really have to make this decision fast cause my net carbs are around 120(!!!) and i feel really bad since i was used to near 0. It feels wrong! But i know that vegetarian diet and low carb is tough! ARGH!

The thing i forgot to mention is the weight. I stopped weighing myself to be honest, which is good and bad. Good because i stopped obsessing about it, bad because its easier for me to derail. In these three months, i have maybe lost, 1 kg(2,2pounds). But i am also working out, so i am losing inches, i feel great, so i really don't mind that much anymore.

Anyways, that is my update and the only dilemma i am in is what to do now?paleo? keep the low carb veg? umph..
Ziggaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links