Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cdanderson78
Eating Out...

Ugh! I have just been informed that I am going to be traveling in a couple of weeks for some job training! Sept. 2-5. This means eating out for almost every meal. I'm in south GA and the training will be up close to Atlanta. I know that at any steakhouse type restaurant I can just order meat and veggies but fast food restaurants are tricky. Anyone have any suggestions on the best fast food places to eat and what to order there? I'm already researching the nutrition on several of their websites so that I can be prepared. I'm NOT going to do like I did the last time I went for training. Let's just say that I made a HOG out of myself and gained about 10 lbs! (In 3 weeks!) Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
cdanderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Will you be eating alone or with people? When I travel for work I'm often traveling alone and eating alone, which makes it easier. I just ask for a room with a fridge and microwave and bring a cooler of stuff and eat from the room. It saves me money and keeps me on plan. And some hotels will have a breakfast option with eggs/bacon/omelets/etc.

But for food while out, bunless burgers, steaks, chicken and veggies, etc. Even fast food works. I order a bunless double bacon cheeseburger and diet coke. Sometimes a side salad with full fat ceasar dressing. Chick fil a even has grilled nuggets. Hardees has a low carb breakfast bowl. My favorite is a bunless burger from 5 Guys or Wendys. You'll have lots of options since you'll be near Atlanta.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: May 2012
I usually go to KFC and get their Grilled legs/thighs...0 carbs...if you get the regular chicken you will have to take the skin off.
Also, I just went to BoJangles and had their grilled chicken salad...pretty good...skipped the tomatoes.
ejw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cdanderson78
Thanks. I will be traveling with just my coworker who doesn't like me eating this way, because she is also overweight and, well, I guess misery loves company. Eating in the room would save me a ton of money, but I hate to make her eat out by herself. I am looking forward to trying out the hotel's treadmill every night!
cdanderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dcmike
Stats: 300/270/200
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Caesar salads with chicken or salmon. Cobb salads.
dcmike is offline   Reply With Quote