Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krista
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/5/14
newbie to Induction;In keto;no weight loss

according to the ketostyx I am in moderate ketosis.. I have been on Induction for 6 days and lost nothing.. I eat 2 eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast on days that I eat breakfast..usually a medium to large salad for lunch(lettuce,spinach,tomato,cucumber,cheese and sandwich turkey meat, or chicken with ranch dressing).. or a can of tuna and mayo with a tomato and steak and shrimp or bacon cheese burger or pork chops for dinner. I usually have sugar free jello parfait cup thing with 1 carb . and if I snack its a cheese stick or pepperoni. ..I have been to so many sites and heard so many different things that im scared to eat too many veggies so I don't eat them except at lunch..I stopped eating any nuts and now im told toomuch protein can stall you.. well if I cant eat veggies or protein then what do I eat? I have one diet soda a day and on mornings I skip breakfast I have tea with 1 tbsp. of cream and some splenda.. I have noticed a slight decrease in my appetite and like I said the ketostyx turn purple but im worried because I haven't lost yet.. what am I doing wrong?Help!! P.S I alsp chew sugarfree gum. a lot of it...is it the sweetners keeping me from losing?

Last edited by krista; 07-10-2014 at 12:55 PM..
krista is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
Hi Krista - some people are very sensitive to artificial sweeteners, I know I am one of them. So I try to stay away from them as much as possible. I think my sugarfree gum even has a carb in it per stick..so if I need one I chew half and count it

I would cut out the spinach and tomato too. Try keeping it very simple meat, eggs and cheese until you get moving. Are you using ketchup on your burgers, lots of carbs in ketchup

I am sure some of the long time members will jump in here but this is what I've learned so far on my journey.

Good luck!! Stick with it you will get there!
Neener207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GratefulParrot
Stats: Old playing weight of 245
WOE: induction
Start Date: 9/12/11
Hey Krista and welcome to LCF.

You menu to me looks spot on. I should say, that I was never a sugar lover and not a gum chewer. I still do eat my veggies, but they are mostly cali, spinach, brussel sprouts, and broc. Most of my meals are mostly meat (i'm a carnivore). I would suggest to google Linda Sue's site. She have some great recipes for different dishes.
GratefulParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista View Post
according to the ketostyx I am in moderate ketosis.. I have been on Induction for 6 days and lost nothing.. I eat 2 eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast on days that I eat breakfast..usually a medium to large salad for lunch(lettuce,spinach,tomato,cucumber,cheese and sandwich turkey meat, or chicken with ranch dressing).. or a can of tuna and mayo with a tomato and steak and shrimp or bacon cheese burger or pork chops for dinner. I usually have sugar free jello parfait cup thing with 1 carb . and if I snack its a cheese stick or pepperoni. ..I have been to so many sites and heard so many different things that im scared to eat too many veggies so I don't eat them except at lunch..I stopped eating any nuts and now im told toomuch protein can stall you.. well if I cant eat veggies or protein then what do I eat? I have one diet soda a day and on mornings I skip breakfast I have tea with 1 tbsp. of cream and some splenda.. I have noticed a slight decrease in my appetite and like I said the ketostyx turn purple but im worried because I haven't lost yet.. what am I doing wrong?Help!! P.S I alsp chew sugarfree gum. a lot of it...is it the sweetners keeping me from losing?

If I went through your foods I could cut out about 5 or 6 carb grams or more.
Take your Adkins induction list and stick to that.
Tomatoes are not on the list.
Jello-suger free jello is 0g carbs in the refrigerator section, make sure you aren't buying snack-pack jello which has 1 or 2carb.grams not refrigerated.
Spinach is fine and very healthy.
Nuts are not allowed on induction so keep that out of diet right now.
Stop diet soda and drink bouillon which helps replenish the salt you will loose in induction.
Induction has a long list of cheeses, choose one with the lowest carb count and make sure it's real cheese, not cheese product/fake cheese. You get 3-4oz of cheese per day.
Chances are you will not eat too much protein, but you need fatty meat like Ribeye or other meats like that because it's the fat that helps you loose and also cook it in fat such as olive oil and/or butter.
Vegetables should have olive oil/real butter on them because it's the fat that helps you loose and you can have: two cups of salad and one cup of vegetables. Eat them whenever you want and just add up the carb grams.
Check salad dressing carb count because you could be eating 4-5 carb grams in the dressing alone. Find a dressing with 1 carb gram per tablespoon and only use a couple of Tablespoons.
Turkey sandwich meat- a lot of turkey has added sugar in the processing so read and find one with no sugar added. You can eat any sandwich meat with no sugar added and the higher the fat the better.
*Mayonnaise has no carbs so put that on whatever you want.
*Don't buy/eat anything that is low-fat because it has no fat and will have added sugar/carbs.
*Eat real food for breakfast and not diet soda.

I hope some of this helps.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/195/160
Start Date: 6/18/14
I was MAD when I first realized that my sugarfree gum had two carbs per stick. What kind of world do we live in??? Why can't gum be a free food that's fun for all? Try as I might I couldn't ignore the facts... gum has carbs.

How many carbsticks are you chewing a day?
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krista
Start Date: 7/5/14
Thanks for all the useful info! I don't like many veggies so having to let the tomato go will be sad for me but Ill try it.. How about whipped heavy cream on my jello? maybe a tablespoon or two a day? I am addicted to gum.. I eat probably 5-7 pieces A DAY! I it says no carb on the pack... is there an artificial sweetner that's less likely to stall me? I heard stevia was better than aspartame
krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eraser51
+1

also interested thought first also it is the artificial sweeteners but not sure..

Guess I eat not enough vegetables... how many do you eat?
I get the macro ratios right but not the vegetable amount
Just get hungry by high fat alone

someone tried a bit more protein (like 150-200 protein and 100 fat)?
I thought ketosis isnt that important?!
eraser51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista View Post
Thanks for all the useful info! I don't like many veggies so having to let the tomato go will be sad for me but Ill try it.. How about whipped heavy cream on my jello? maybe a tablespoon or two a day? I am addicted to gum.. I eat probably 5-7 pieces A DAY! I it says no carb on the pack... is there an artificial sweetner that's less likely to stall me? I heard stevia was better than aspartame
Sugar free gums and SF hard candies (among other things) have sugar alcohols that many people metabolize like carbs... so if you're not losing and chewing lots of SF gum, that could be one of the areas to look into. Wishing you success on your LC WOE journey!

Jo =]
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Krista, if you're having trouble losing, your best bet is to get very strict for a few weeks. Meat, eggs, cheese, and fats. That's it. Some lettuce for a salad if you want it. Keep it very simple and see what happens. After you start losing, then you can slowly add things back in and see what your body can tolerate and still lose.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/195/160
Start Date: 6/18/14
I agree with the posters that suggest strict for a few weeks. But I am now very curious about the zero carb gum. What brand are you chewing? I may need to get some of it.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote