Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ziggaki
Listening to your body?

Hello!
Brief intro, i am fiddling with low carb diet since April, lots of ups and downs, last two months basically im doing "steak and eggs". I tried bringing back veggies and adding almonds, i got to addicted to the almonds , so im back at steak and eggs. I think im gonna add veggies slowly back in. Btw, no significant weight loss, but i am also working out, so i am seeing results on my body and it feels great!

Anyways.
I woke up today with this craving, but not exactly a craving, more like my body telling me "you need this", for cereal. I have to admit i am constipated a lot eating only meat and eggs, so this didnt sound weird to. So i decided to go for it. I went to the market got the lowest carb cereal i could find (all bran-plus) and actually ate the whole box throughout the day with whole milk too.

Ya know what? I don't feel guilty. It wasnt a crave, ive had cravings for desserts before, that went away with a couple of glasses of water, but this one was , as i said, more like a "need".

Ever felt this way before?
Ziggaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/160/130ish
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb/2014
HMMMM
Is your goal weight loss?
If I were struggling with the need to have a BM I would use magnesium oxide 250mg or physllium fiber, even a spinach salad.
HTH
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ziggaki
Hello MaximumDensity!
Yes my goal is weight loos, but only about 10-15pounds.

What i described does not happen often. I am not recommending anyone to eat a whole box of cereal, im just curious to see if anyone else has similar craving like thingy. I did try to get some flax seeds or something similar so i wont go over board, but to be honest i was really really low on money, i literally spent all my cash on the box of cereal and milk xD

I do want to go on magnesium in general though. I am so confused on which one though! Any tips?
Ziggaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/160/130ish
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb/2014
The magnesium oxide I mentioned is really just a laxative, your body does not absorb it. I am not sure why it is even sold as a supplement that way IMHO.

Google and you will find a lot of info. There are many forms, if cost is an issue for you that may take some more research to find an absorbable form you can afford. Do the research so that you are getting what your body needs. There are many supplements out there, some good some bad, even Omega 3 is bad for you if it is rancid, some companies do not have good quality control. You will have to look into what your needs are, in what quanities, and quality suppliers.
HTH
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote