Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
New to the site Day 1 begins today!

Newbie here. Starting today and I am looking forward to a reading all the great info here. Wish me luck!!
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Robles Junction/Three Points AZ
Posts: 609
Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your WOE. Rock it!
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Slinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 68
Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/195/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/18/14
Welcome and enjoy.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
margn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 157
Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/157.6/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 29,2013
Welcome. And read the book and you will do fine
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MtherGoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,196
Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Welcome! Which version of Atkins are you doing?
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
sillykimmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Evergreen state
Posts: 2,755
Gallery: sillykimmie
Stats: 223/192/140
WOE: Atkins induction!!!
Start Date: Re restart date 8-14-12
Good luck!
Keep coming back, there is so much information and support here.
You can do it!!
sillykimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
maximumdensity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 770
Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014

What plan are you following?
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Thanks for the welcome and support. I really didn't realize there was more than one version of Atkins. Through 2 days I have not been using "net carbs" but straight carbs. So far so good. So basically sticking to the acceptable lists for phase 1. I can already tell you need to plan ahead, which I will be doing. I plan on doing a lot of grilling!!. Thanks again and look forward to whats ahead.
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
maximumdensity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 770
Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
azjim66,
you're just getting started, but I did want to mention, eat as cleanly as possible. Processed foods are problems for many.
Best wishes
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
azjim! There are lots of remarkable and sage people here ready to help & support you! Wishing you much success on your journey!

Jo =]
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Robles Junction/Three Points AZ
Posts: 609
Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
and keep hydrated during the AZ Summer
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Galveston Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Galveston Island, TX
Posts: 485
Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
and keep hydrated during the AZ Summer


The same is true of the Texas Sun...


Having support from like minded people is VITAL
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Thanks everyone!!!! After week one on induction, I am happy to report a 12 lb loss. I know the weight comes off quicker in the initial stages but I have been very focused. My wife and kids and I worked really hard in the yard Sunday and it was a 110* so when we were done I promised an ice cream run and my very supportive wife didnt want any because she felt bad that I wasnt going to have any. I told her if I am going to be successful with this then I am going to need to will power and it did not bother me in the least as they all wolfed down thier blizzards... I was quite content chugging another huge glass of ice water. I had a rough time on days 2 and 3, not so much with cravings but just feeling out of it, by day 4 I was back to my old self. I have not had any real carb cravings yet. Hopefully week 2 is more of the same. Thanks again for all of your kind and supportive words!!
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Neener207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 281
Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
WTG azjim66!
Neener207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Galveston Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Galveston Island, TX
Posts: 485
Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat


KUGW.....GOOD JOB....
NEVER!!!
NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
Just Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,695
Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjim66 View Post
Thanks everyone!!!! After week one on induction, I am happy to report a 12 lb loss. I know the weight comes off quicker in the initial stages but I have been very focused. My wife and kids and I worked really hard in the yard Sunday and it was a 110* so when we were done I promised an ice cream run and my very supportive wife didnt want any because she felt bad that I wasnt going to have any. I told her if I am going to be successful with this then I am going to need to will power and it did not bother me in the least as they all wolfed down thier blizzards... I was quite content chugging another huge glass of ice water. I had a rough time on days 2 and 3, not so much with cravings but just feeling out of it, by day 4 I was back to my old self. I have not had any real carb cravings yet. Hopefully week 2 is more of the same. Thanks again for all of your kind and supportive words!!
Congrats so far -- good job with the blizzards!!

It does get easier and easier as the days pass.

But I suggest you prepare yourself for those moments when temptations are really high. Come up with plan A, B and C. I had to come of with my plans for eating situations that were out of my control, for example: We do a lot of pot lucks at work, what do we do as LCers? One of my favorite things I always say to someone if I don't want to have a debate about my LC WOE, is "oooh that looks so good, I'll have some in a little while!" It's amazing, the 100s of times I've used it and no one has ever come back and asked if I've had some!!

And always have "your LC food" available. There is nothing worse than being hungry and not having something LC to eat. We tend to make the worse possible food choices (those toxic, poisonous, insidious, crappy killer carb-y foods) when we are hungry.
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Skinnycj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Eastvale,CA
Posts: 429
Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Welcome to lc woe. Just Jo is right everyday it gets easier. I am on week 3 and have had challenges too. My kids always want to snack throughout the day and I have to fix them regular meals which sometimes smell great but I just get myself an approved snack and I am good. Glad you resisted the ice cream.
Skinnycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Congrats so far -- good job with the blizzards!!

It does get easier and easier as the days pass.

But I suggest you prepare yourself for those moments when temptations are really high. Come up with plan A, B and C. I had to come of with my plans for eating situations that were out of my control, for example: We do a lot of pot lucks at work, what do we do as LCers? One of my favorite things I always say to someone if I don't want to have a debate about my LC WOE, is "oooh that looks so good, I'll have some in a little while!" It's amazing, the 100s of times I've used it and no one has ever come back and asked if I've had some!!

And always have "your LC food" available. There is nothing worse than being hungry and not having something LC to eat. We tend to make the worse possible food choices (those toxic, poisonous, insidious, crappy killer carb-y foods) when we are hungry.
Great advice!! Thankfully I work at a major financial company with a great cafeteria. I usually bring my lunch , but they have a great salad bar and a deli so I am good hands when the potlucks roll around... every single holiday or big game or so and so is getting married , having a baby, or retiring or whatever lol ...We seem to have potlucks every other week!!
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
Mon
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 214
Gallery: Mon
Stats: 170/166.5/130
WOE: Atkins
Starting today, haven't lowcarbed in years. I really need to make it through induction clean and without any cheats. I got married at 132 lbs, had three kids, lost and gained too many times to count and am starting over with 40lbs to lose. 170 today, hoping to be down 5-7 lbs in the first two weeks. I hope that's possible.

I can't believe I am here again.... deep sigh, wondering what I will do with my time at night considering I have been sitting on the couch eating for entertainment for the past several years. Really tired of feeling heavy and having rolls in the mid section.
Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
KyliesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sunny Hot Florida
Posts: 674
Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon View Post
Starting today, haven't lowcarbed in years. I really need to make it through induction clean and without any cheats. I got married at 132 lbs, had three kids, lost and gained too many times to count and am starting over with 40lbs to lose. 170 today, hoping to be down 5-7 lbs in the first two weeks. I hope that's possible.

I can't believe I am here again.... deep sigh, wondering what I will do with my time at night considering I have been sitting on the couch eating for entertainment for the past several years. Really tired of feeling heavy and having rolls in the mid section.
I feel your pain... I wrote the same thing yesterday
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Ok so after a full month I am down 18 lbs. Had the usual big drop after a week and a half of induction. I stalled most of the next week or so. I added some fruit here and there and started doing an after dinner bike ride, nothing crazy about 5 miles or so and started losing again. So technically not on induction anymore but I have avoided the breads and pasta and all the sugary stuff and doing very well. I had oatmeal for breakfast twice this week with no ill effects. I have really cut back on the bacon and cheese etc.. so still low carbing but trying make healthy choices. We were on a family vacation last week which was a dietary challenge especially with all the meals we ate out. I gained a few lbs but overall not bad. I think going forward the best way my body responds is a low carb woe but with smart carb choices and more fruits and high fiber foods..I try to weigh once a week, although I want to get on it everyday. Keep up the good work everyone.

Last edited by azjim66; 08-09-2014 at 02:13 PM..
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: DC
Posts: 215
Gallery: dcmike
Stats: 300/223/200
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2, 2014
That's fantastic! 18 pounds in one month is amazing! Congratulations!
dcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Thanks DC!
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Robles Junction/Three Points AZ
Posts: 609
Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Awesome progress. Huge Congrats!
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Thank You Kay9! The best part about this site is reading about how everyone struggles through the same rough spots, so you know that you can get through them too..... and the success stories really keep me motivated!
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.