Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   JULY CHALLENGE.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/834403-july-challenge.html)

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 03:17 AM

JULY CHALLENGE....

A great month ahead for all!!

CdnPaleoGuy 07-01-2014 04:06 AM

1st July aka Happy Canada Day

Geez, you were up early Bonny-Jean! Thanks for the thread :up:

crookedsmile 07-01-2014 04:10 AM

Good morning friends!

I challenge myself this month to no cheats.

I'm off to the orthodontist. DD is getting her braces off. She's so cute. She's got two packs of bubble gum in her purse.

Cheers to all and have a lovely summer day.

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning All :hiya:
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

OMG, 4 days of non-stop rain. My SAD can't handle this! I know 100% that I could never live on the coast. I NEED SUNSHINE!

Anyway, happy to announce I'm finally out of the 160's after being stuck there for 11 days! :clap: I switched my evening meat to a mid afternoon. Not sure if that's what did it or not but I think on the weekends, I'm gonna do that and just have my eggs in the evening. Sounds like a better idea anyway except that it is the longest amount of hours between eating?
Also, since dropping all my supplements 8 days ago, haven't had one nighttime leg cramp? :eek:
MamaG: you thought YOU had a weird body!! :laugh:
My body has a strange aversion to anything healthy? :confused:
Oh, 2 more days to find out if all my bloodwork is good. My money is I'm healthy as a horse as usual and I'll be in mid range on everything, just like always. I'm grateful to the good Lord for keeping me so well despite the fact that I was 80-90 lbs overweight at one time.
I am truly blessed. :aprayer:

July 1..... 159.4

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crookedsmile (Post 16959183)
Good morning friends!
I challenge myself this month to no cheats.
I'm off to the orthodontist. DD is getting her braces off. She's so cute. She's got two packs of bubble gum in her purse.

Of course NO cheats!!!
Hope your DD has s/f gum!! :laugh:
I remember that glorious day when my ds got his off! Although he was too old for insurance (25), it was the best 5K, I ever spent.
Hoping you both have a wonderful day!!

ejw55 07-01-2014 04:55 AM

Good Morning!!

Bonny-Jean- :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: yeah!! for breaking that rut you were in!!

My goal is to just keep losing...would love 10 pounds!

Date....Start weight........Difference......Total loss tally
6/30........145.6
7/1..........144.6...............-1.0.................-1.0

Happy Canada Day for all of our northern friends!! Lets all rock out July!!:sing:

Ellen

DairyQueen 07-01-2014 04:57 AM

Good morning evyone!!! Hard to believe that it's July!!!
Congrats Bonny-Jean!!!!!!!

I was in the studio (music) last night late, rcording parts for my new qlbum, so I'm a little groggy this morning. Now, off to work, and a date tonight. counting the days until I fly to Maine (Saturday after work).

June 30 145
July 1 142.5. A good start

LilacBruze 07-01-2014 05:07 AM

Happy Canada Day!

Yay Bonny! I'm so happy for you!! And glad to hear that the cramps have not been bothering you! :jumpjoy:

Okay, I am ready to rock this thing! I've got 3 dozen eggs, 3 lbs of bacon, hamburger patties, pork chops, pork loin, tuna fish, and chicken breasts all ready to go!

My challenge is to lose at least 10 lbs with NO CHEATS. I seem to have gained 7 lbs since my last weigh-in 2 months ago. Whether it's water or fat - I want it GONE!

7/1 - 228.6 :annoyed:

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilacBruze (Post 16959203)
Happy Canada Day!

Yay Bonny! I'm so happy for you!! And glad to hear that the cramps have not been bothering you! :jumpjoy: Okay, I am ready to rock this thing! I've got 3 dozen eggs, 3 lbs of bacon, hamburger patties, pork chops, pork loin, tuna fish, and chicken breasts all ready to go! My challenge is to lose at least 10 lbs with NO CHEATS. I seem to have gained 7 lbs since my last weigh-in 2 months ago. Whether it's water or fat - I want it GONE!

You know what, I'm SO confident in Atkins '72 Induction, that I can definitely PROMISE you that if you follow the plan and NO cheats, you WILL lose 10 lbs this month! Honest to God. So just remember that when your brain and old habits try to mess with you.... cause they will. :laugh:

You can do this, pretty girl, so JUST DO IT!! :up:

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 05:22 AM

Thanks CPG, Ellen and DQ.

DQ: my goodness you are a busy girl. Man, you don't even need a woe the way you run around. Busy, busy, busy girl! And how the h*ll do you lose 3 lbs overnight???? :eek:

mistermirror 07-01-2014 05:30 AM

I'd like to join this thread this month, I've been reading the last 2 month's challenges daily. :) My goal is to hit the 170's by the end of the month.

I've been at Atkins induction for a little over 2 months now and am down 25 pounds. It seems to be going a little slower than I had hoped, but I am still glad to be heading downwards!

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 05:35 AM

:welcome: mistermirror
Wow, your stats are great! Whatever you're doing and eating, it's working.
KUTGW!!! :up:

mistermirror 07-01-2014 05:44 AM

Thanks, Bonny-Jean! I feel like I know you guys from lurking for so long. Glad to finally be joining the thread!

LilacBruze 07-01-2014 05:52 AM

Bonny - I'm very confident that I can lose the 10 lbs, but don't want to put another goal there that might be a bit too aggressive. I know how I lose on Induction... it's just the "no cheats" part that worries me. It's not that I get bored of the woe - I don't as I am a happy carnivore - it's the convenience and social factors that tend to sabotage me. For the convenience part, I have deli meats and cheese cubes ready. I normally do not eat these while on Induction, however, if I need to grab something fast or am too tired to cook, they are definitely better than a Big Mac. I just have a pound of each and the meat is salami which I think is minimally processed and the cheese is sharp cheddar.

candypickletoes 07-01-2014 06:03 AM

YAY Bonnie! Congrats!!! It's such a good feeling, isn't it?!?!? Here's to a new month, starting fresh and getting results. I'll put my goal at just over 10 lbs for this month shooting for 179.anything. And...we're off:

July 1 - 190.8

Happy Tuesday everyone! And Happy Canada day to all who celebrate!

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 06:08 AM

CANDY: Thanks dear and yes, it's the best feeling in the world. Whoa, 10 lbs!! You're an ambitious little thing, aren't you!! Well, all the best my girl. I'm sure if you do what you have to do, you will knock those 10 lbs off!
Rooting for ya.

LILAC: Well, I don't have a social life so that part is much easier for me. :laugh:
My "emergency" food is a bunless burger. What's wrong with a bunless Big Mac?? I mean I have no idea what's in their ground beef and I usually try to hit a 5 Guys as they've assured me it's nothing but 100% beef and no fillers. I have, on occasion had a bunless double Whopper with cheese and was okay with that but again, only in emergencies. For some reason, a burger just doesn't taste like a burger without the bun but I've learned to deal with that.
I'm not sure why deli meat scares me more than some burgers do?? Just a head thing, I guess.
Good luck to you this month Lilac!

LilacBruze 07-01-2014 06:16 AM

I don't know what's IN that bunless Big Mac, Bonny - that's what's wrong with it. I would rather have a little sodium nitrate in my salami then a whole bunch of ??? in a fast food bunless burger.

MtherGoos 07-01-2014 06:52 AM

Good morning everyone!

Bonny, congratulations!! Great way to start out the month! Please don't send your rain this way, as you know, I'm enjoying our glorious summer days! :)

Lilac, I've found Boars Head to be the best if you eat lunch meat. I do eat a mcdonalds burger once a week with no bun, no sauce, and no veggies, so if you're ever stuck,they are ok to eat on plan.

My goal for the month is to not gain and to continue to exercise every day.

Welcome to our new joiners this month!

LilacBruze 07-01-2014 07:33 AM

Y'all, please don't take this the wrong way but... well, DH loved his fast food hamburgers. That's all I'm gonna say. :cry:

Personally, I do not do fast food anything (except a fish sandwich during Lent or a salad) even before DH's diagnosis so perhaps the Big Mac thing was a stretch on my part, it was the first thing to come to mind, sorry. I meant anything really not on plan that would be a cheat. Obviously we can have hamburger patties without the bun on plan. I blame it on not having enough coffee before posting that. My story and I'm sticking to it! :o

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtherGoos (Post 16959352)
Bonny, congratulations!! Great way to start out the month! Please don't send your rain this way, as you know, I'm enjoying our glorious summer days! :)

Thanks! Well, of course it's gonna stop when we go back to work tomorrow!!

I do eat a mcdonalds burger once a week with no bun, no sauce, and no veggies, so if you're ever stuck,they are ok to eat on plan.

What??? NO SAUCE!!! BLEH!! Eeeww, I could never choke one of those down without the sauce. Oh well, one less thing to consider in an emergency. :laugh:
btw: anything new on your menu, you big chicken!! :hyst:

Kimbersh47 07-01-2014 09:18 AM

July 1 - 273

Goal for this month is to reach 260!

Doing the happy dance for you BonnyJean!!:jumpjoy:

Will catch up with everyone else later.

mountain 07-01-2014 10:41 AM

Good morning everyone! Glad to see you all here.

Yes, Boarís Head seems to be very high quality meats. Iíll be looking at them to add something to my menu this month. My diet is mostly eggs, chicken, turkey, and tuna, and Iíd like to diversify a bit.

1 - 188.5

I will try for another 8 pounds down this month.

MtherGoos 07-01-2014 11:11 AM

Bonny, you know me well! :) No, I still haven't added anything else in yet.

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 11:41 AM

:hyst: I knew it!! :hyst:

MtherGoos 07-01-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean (Post 16959726)
:hyst: I knew it!! :hyst:

I know, I'm such a chicken! :lol:

DairyQueen 07-01-2014 11:55 AM

Happy Canada Day! I read this today (don't know how true it is):

Canada had a plan to invade the US

Defence Scheme No. 1 was cooked up in 1921 as the brainchild of Canada's Director of Military Operations and Intelligence James Sutherland "Buster" Brown. The plan was less one of conquest and more an action plan for what to do if it ever looked like America was about to make a move on Canadian soil.

It called for a quick surge across the border to take crossing points, before a retreat back into the north while destroying bridges along the way. As the Washington Post reports, Brown's budget was only about $1,200, so he would drive to places he thought worth invading and pick up free maps of them from gas stations. This is an actual thing that happened.

Fatfreddy 07-01-2014 12:19 PM

Happy Canada Day! DW and I took two vacations to Canada during Canada Day. Very fun.

DQ that info is lolz

Badda, we are the same age I see. I'll be 41 in August. I just got back from a quick roadtrip to Colorado and looked at pikes peak. Not sure about hiking it! Fun trip but I had the worst water retention. Not sure if it was salty food, altitude or too much time sitting and driving?
Legs look like sausages but better today.

Gearing up to watch the USA v Belgium. Go USA!

Bonny-Jean 07-01-2014 12:46 PM

DQ: At least the Chief of the General Staff, A. MCNAUGHTON knew we'd lose our ass in that one!! LOL. :notwrthy:

mistermirror 07-01-2014 04:21 PM

Just curious, do any of you ever have an issue with eating too FEW calories in a day? I've been induction for over 2 months now, and many times I just am not hungry during the day so I don't eat. When I add up the calories at the end of the day at can be as low as 800-900 sometimes. My weight loss continues at a slow steady pace so I'm assuming this is ok. Would it be better if I forced myself to eat even when not hungry from a nutrition standpoint? Again, just curious what you think.

MtherGoos 07-01-2014 04:25 PM

Personally, I say eat when you're hungry. I have where I'm not hungry, and days where I'm really hungry. Try to learn to listen to your body and eat when you're hungry. Just make sure that when you do eat, it counts. Make it a good mix of fat and protein so you're getting what you need.