Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
OMG...MamaG... our menu's are almost identical.
Great minds think alike.

Okay, I gotta go shower off this "glow" now! LOL.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Bonny - I'm like you in that I tend to eat a brunch and then a supper, I prefer eating 2x a day as I am not hungry enough to eat 3x a day unless I am grazing/eating foods that I shouldn't be. For example, every first week of the month, my job brings about 10 dozen bagels and donuts in to celebrate the birthdays for that month. I don't even LIKE donuts and bagels and am not even hungry that early in the morning but yep, before this year, I would go have one of each. I am happy to report that for 6 months so far, I have not had them! And July's will be done on Monday - I have the day off so that settles that!

I'm pretty proud of myself that all I ate off-plan yesterday was the 1 cup(ish) of watermelon. The table was FULL of carby crap. I was a little miffed at my mother-in-law because I ASKED her if I needed to bring something for my diet and she said NO! As I was leaving and went in for that good-bye hug, I told her, "I'm gonna need to make a list of the things I need to eat during these get-togethers because what you had wasn't IT". She sort of gave me a hurt feeling look but I am not going to feel bad about it because it is MY health, not anyone else's. And it's not like I EXPECTED to be catered to, I was going to bring my own stuff and she told me no, she would have plenty for me to eat!

Re: corn. Never understood the appeal. Not eaten in my home country of Romania and even when we came here and became citizens, parents never served it, on the cob, canned, nothing. Isn't corn basically nutritionally empty anyway? Thought I read that somewhere.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
July 1 155.8
July 2 153.6
July 3 152.6
July 4 155.4
July 5 153.6
Still enjoying my company. Made a fish stew of sorts to eat at wok over the next few nights. It helps me stay on track and my coworkers are great at helping me finish up leftovers.
Glad everyone had a safe holiday.

Mothrgoos you look amazing.
Bonny Jean 70 pounds gone!
Still here lurking for the most part. Thinking think thoughts for all.
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Lilac: Good for you for not caving. There's many things I love but haven't touched in almost 10 mons. It's sad that the things we enjoyed so much did this to us!!
You're right about corn. It really is a mute veggie. Although I like it, I may never eat it again cause it just ain't worth the carbs. I will slowly add back some fruit when I get to goal but again, it will ONLY be low carb fruits, probably mostly berries. I may never eat bread, potatoes or any kind of starch again. I just never wanna be that fat girl again. Never!!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
July 1 155.8
July 2 153.6
July 3 152.6
July 4 155.4
July 5 153.6
Still enjoying my company. Made a fish stew of sorts to eat at wok over the next few nights. It helps me stay on track and my coworkers are great at helping me finish up leftovers.
Glad everyone had a safe holiday.

Mothrgoos you look amazing.
Bonny Jean 70 pounds gone!
Still here lurking for the most part. Thinking think thoughts for all.
You're doing great yourself! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be announcing YOUR 70 lbs loss as well. KUTGW Leanne.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I made my Husband and the kids some fresh corn on the cob the other night and tried a bite. Realized I was Not missing anything by not eatting it. Left a weird almost greasy feeling in my mouth Lol

I managed to get the yard mowed. Took forever but it looks Great! Finishing up cleaning the house so that when we get back from vacation it'll be clean!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
hi everyone!
SO. my plane to Maine was canceled. RATS!!!
it had something to do with not having a crew ready, because of the hurricane? WHAT hurricane?
oh well - i am booked on a flight tomorrow at 10:30 - first class (haha in a puddle jumper! BFD)
the thing is, I set the AC to 86 degrees and have nothing in my fridge. BUT THEN i remembered a groupon coupon that expires WHEN I"M in Maine- for 6 bottles of wine!
I'm all set! Just kidding-- but i do have a nice bottle of cold champers and two hard boiled eggs! PERFECT!!!!

I wouldnt be able to tell anyone my menus, because I don't often plan what I'm going to eat. Since I am single (well, my ex lives in the same house, but he doesn't eat much either), and I work 60+ hours a week -- I don't do that much cooking, although I love to cook! I'll be able to do a lot of cooking in Maine! But I still don't do much planning. I eat pretty much the same things day after day, and it's not a hardship for me. It lets me go out to eat // get treats with that much less of a guilty conscience, I guess, maybe. Or maybe not. Anyway, see you in Maine!

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi! I don't want to set any weight goals for July, because I'm afraid of failing. But, I will just stick with eating on plan all month. I'm hoping that will lead to a loss of 10 lbs this month but...my body will do what my body will do!

I had one day this week where I ended up shopping much longer than I had planned, and I came home tired and crabby and hungry. I ate too much that evening, even though it was all low carb. I could use ideas of something to keep in my purse/car that would keep for such a day. I want to take care of myself. Most of the time I can control my situation, but I want to be prepared for these odd times.

I love all the support I'm finding on this site. So glad to have found it!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Have been doing kettlebells at least 2x week. They are seriously kicking my butt.

Good Luck on the Kettlebells.
I started my routine...low and slow...last May...with 10#
I am so amazed at the cardio pump it gives!
Graduated to 15# in July....!
Since I am NOT a spring chicken....caution and Safety First is my focus.
The goal for me is stronger core and pump up the metabolism a bit!

After my first of 5 reps of 50 high swings...pulse check...135 to 155..
There are other moves I include, but the kettle bell swing has been an enjoyable challenge for me.
Even in this Texas sun... on the back deck, it is MY private time!
Sometimes I have to remind myself..."just remember how awesome you will feel when you are finished" ...to get me going
...but it is truly a fantastic cardio pumper!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Better, you could make a batch of cheese crackers and take them with you, or some good quality beef jerky, or pork rinds.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
So here is yet another chapter in what’s called my life! Everyone decided to meet at the lake for the fireworks. I was excited because I have not been there since I was a kid. So many cancelled due to fire danger and budget so I was all in. When we get there its nice and relaxing. Kids are playing then I noticed everyone kept feeding my 2 year old. He will eat anything and does not really have a stop setting. They just laughed and laughed. And I mentioned at least 15 times to them to stop it he is over fed. Well my wife woke me up, on my day off, to inform me that he had puked all over and I do mean all over, his bedroom and newly shampooed carpet. She had to leave so I had to get it. No grandparents around, no aunts or uncles around! So the one guy that knew better had to deal with a sour mess of nasty due to everyone’s actions. Even though I am a CNA by trade and can deal with anything does not mean I want to on my day off on the hottest day of the year!

Tomorrow a day at the pool and a trip to the grandparents for a Burnt B Q. He likes to keep it on the grill a while.

Fatfreddy – If I owned this house my outdoor kitchen would be AMAZING. Im talking grill, Im talking flat top, Im talking smoker, Im talking beer fridge, Im talking stainless steel work tops etc etc etc

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah James , sorry your baby got sick and your family refused to listen. That sucks for you and the baby both. How are you doing with your eating plan? What plan are you doing right now?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Still with the more liberal deal i.e. brown carbs situation but after I do Pikes Peak, planned on my Birthday July 10th. I will go old school to cut body fat. I am now strong enough and feel like I can do my workouts without the carbs for a while to see if the weight loss will kick in. If not then I am OK with that. The weight I am now is not really so bad but thinner would be better.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

The "baby" did not skip a beat. He is still chomping away with reckless abandon.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

James: Sorry you and your little one had a rough time there. Wonder why people think that's so amusing??? Although I must admit I had a 2 yr cousin when I was young that we used to shove all our unwanted veggies into him cause he also would eat anything.

Ellen: So sorry. I just thought you ate that corn because you DIDN'T know how carby it was, but I guess you did???

Mthergoos & James: Wow, you guys are serious night owls!

Shelly: So where are ya going, if I might ask???

Well, looks like another day in "Miami" heat & humidity here. Yesterday hit around 105F with the humidity. Ugh!!! I would take Arizona dry heat over this anyday!!

Not sure why this weight is falling off me this week but maybe it's cause June was such a dismal month for me with only 4 lbs for 30 days!!! My eggs were down a little this week?? I'm gonna have some bacon today so that might send my sodium up and no loss tomorrow? We'll see, I guess.

July 1..... 159.4
July 2..... 158.8
July 3..... 158.4
July 4..... 158.1
July 5..... 157.3
July 6..... 156.4
Old 07-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
Start Date: May 2012
"I've been pan-frying my burgers because I got a super deluxe George Foreman grille... AND DON'T WANT TO USE IT BECAUSE IT'S SO PRETTY! LOL it's red and the plates remove so you can wash them in the dishwasher.""

I had one of those too....worked great...DH didn't really like it because it didn't really brown the meat....you can use chicken breasts and they come out so moist and juicy. Personally, I loved it!

Last edited by ejw55; 07-06-2014 at 05:51 AM..
ejw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber: Sounds like your trip is gonna be awesome!! Careful with molluscs! They are higher in carbs then shellfish.
I think 2 small clams are 1 carb.
Maybe you know that, maybe you don't. I'm just advising "in case" you don't.
Enjoy your time in Maine. I know I would be in heaven there!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Bonny Jean - NO I was not aware of the carb count in clams! No problem---I prefer lobster to clams anyways Thanks for the heads up!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
July goal- 163

July 3rd- 167
July 4th- 167
July 5th- 168
July 6th- 168
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
06 Jul

Morning All:
Geez, what time were you up Bonny-Jean?
Galveston Gal: so, have you noticed any major improvements? I mentioned Tracy Riefkind a few pages back & her amazing transformation. Not sure if anyone checked into her story?
As for the workout, they sure do get the HR up quick. I was thinking of taking the course my DW took 2-3 yrs back however, her instructor is gone & I don't have a lot of faith in the majority of personnel trainers. Can you say 'quacks'?

Spent sometime in the gym yesterday afternoon doing the routine from NROL, then got some laps done in the pool.
George Foreman grill: aren't you losing all that fatty goodness from the burgers when you use one?
Baddabing: same sort of thing happened when my boys were that age; my SIL thought she would introduce them to ice cream. Thankfully, we managed to put a quick stop to the unsolicited feeding. Nothing worse than baby puke unless the other end explodes as well
Off to a Paleo meet & greet again today; suspect the usual cast of characters will be attending. No food, just lots of chatter.
PrincessMum: I've never had that mouth feel to corn unless it was lousy corn. Mind you, it's been sometime since I've had some.
DQ: have fun in Maine; I must of missed that Groupon wine deal
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Geez, what time were you up Bonny-Jean?
Actually slept in!
For some unknown reason, it's usually around 5 am CT???
Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm still here. I'm just super busy with freelance work. I'm not sure how much I'll post in July, but I am aiming at a goal of 152 for the month.

Vanessa
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

so, have you noticed any major improvements? I mentioned Tracy Riefkind a few pages back & her amazing transformation. Not sure if anyone checked into her story?
As for the workout, they sure do get the HR up quick. I was thinking of taking the course my DW took 2-3 yrs back however, her instructor is gone & I don't have a lot of faith in the majority of personnel trainers. Can you say 'quacks'?

Spent sometime in the gym yesterday afternoon doing the routine from NROL, then got some laps done in the pool.

Yes.......sitting straighter, standing taller, less tired, more energy, not as much morning fatigue, tighter ab muscles.
This 65+ body needs all the help it can get!!
re: Tracy R...yes...it was her interview on Half Size Me with Heather that made me begin the kettle bell journey.
I haven't bought her book...I enjoy audio/visual input re: Kettlebells...am not willing to put out the $$$(I'm retired) for a personal trainer yet...hence my focus on the training videos of Safety First.
I figure I can learn from an 'instructor of the instructors' re: the specific points that are judged in any Kettlebell competition.
Staying focused on technique I have decided will give me what I am looking for...so far, I am planning to graduate to 20# in October...trying to teach myself patience and perseverance.

You mentioned that your wife spent time with a personal trainer?
Did she do Kettlebells as well?
What was her biggest 'take away' from that training?
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Hey can I join?? My goal is the same as MG's. Wanna stay right where I am weight-wise and continue exercising and eating properly!!
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Hey can I join?? My goal is the same as MG's. Wanna stay right where I am weight-wise and continue exercising and eating properly!!

We are all family here on LCF....
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistermirror
Stats: 213/181/170
Start Date: 4/24/2014
Darn scale is pissing me off. Up a pound over the past 2 days and haven't been off plan at all. Oh well, it will readjust itself I am sure. Had a great 4th of July doing fireworks with the family. Wishing Monday wasn't coming so soon!
mistermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
You mentioned that your wife spent time with a personal trainer?
Did she do Kettlebells as well?
What was her biggest 'take away' from that training?
The biggest take away was proper form, learning new circuits & learning new moves. She can't stop talking about her instructor. Too bad he moved to the other end of town
I'm doing like you, watching lots of youtube. Img is another kb user.
Have you found myomytv on youtube yet? BTW, her instructor was 50 & ran double classes. Still had a bit of a pot belly which I figured was diet related.

Just Jo: I always thought you were here
Bonny-Jean: If I let the birds do there job, I'd be up at 03:30 am
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
The biggest take away was proper form, learning new circuits & learning new moves. She can't stop talking about her instructor. Too bad he moved to the other end of town
I'm doing like you, watching lots of youtube. Img is another kb user.
Have you found myomytv on youtube yet? BTW, her instructor was 50 & ran double classes. Still had a bit of a pot belly which I figured was diet related.

Just Jo: I always thought you were here
Bonny-Jean: If I let the birds do there job, I'd be up at 03:30 am
Hey CP, Im thin but NOT that THIN....
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Morning everyone!! I'm in the plane on the way to maine! It's not going to rain, and i think it's fairly peaceful in Ukraine!

The bacon smelled pretty good coming out of the fuddrucker's in the airport, but i'm going to wait for lobster later today! Yep yep. I know that clams and mussels are somewhat carby, but sometimes i eat the, and they don't affet me. Probably because i don't eat much else. A medium mussel has about .59 carbs per, and it's about .78 for a large one.

Greetings new challengers!! Better... Try keeping some of those cheese and pepperoni slim jim type snacks in the car. Lots of sodium, yes, but good in a pinch. At work, i usually keep eggbeaters in the fridge for emergencies, as well as a pint of cream. If i'm starving, a gulp of cream ususally does the trick. Odd, i know, but i got used to it. Pork rinds and cracklins are also good, in thise little 1-3 ounce packages. At work, i dip hot and spicy pork rinds into soft cream cheese. Yummy!

Galveston gal .. Yr oopsies look mahvalous!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DQ, Enjoy your trip!! I've never flown first class, but I always think about it! LOL

Jo, nice to see you over here!

PaleoGuy, maybe it's worth a couple of trips across town just to get a few classes from this guy.

Mister, it happens to me ALL the time. My scale spends 3 weeks bouncing up and down a couple of pounds and one week showing losses. Hang in there. It's not a reflection of what you're doing, it's just how the scale works with your body.

Bonny-Jean, You're blowing up the scale this month! Awesome!!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14