Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I can tell who got the day off today. I did a half day myself. Going to finally take my wife to the big display by the lake for a change. Last time I went I was in high school. When we moved back it was either cancelled due to fire hazards or budget concerns.

Bonny – Just so I get this straight…… Your concerned that a kid from Canada, who plays on ice hours a day might get cold in Colorado?
And a sweaty butt id worse, your underwear gets all bunched weird.

Hockey Mum – tell him congratz, tell him to eat pine cones for breakfast because it will make him meaner, and tell him I am so sorry we beat his team whenever the next game is.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
04 July

Hope all our US friends are enjoying themselves!

Well, the appointment with the hygienist went well. No blood from what I could see. I strongly suspect that the low carb WOE actually helps with gum health.
Baddabing: what lousy timing on the part of the grill to give up the ghost
Now you have an excuse to get another one
Lilac: you must have the cleanest floors in the neighbourhood with those two little doggies
Now what's this about you ladies never sweating? How about perspiring?
HockeyMum: congrats on your DS getting picked up; you must be beaming
Well, Jr is off for 3 weeks to poison ivy country aka cadet camp. The house will seem quieter without him
On the plus side, we're having steak for supper so he'll have at least one good meal under his belt
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Now what's this about you ladies never sweating? How about perspiring?
Don't you know.... we don't "perspire".... we "glow"
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kd did
Stats: 209/178.5/150
Start Date: 07/04/14
I just did my first July weigh in last night. 209. This is 4 lbs. heavier than I have ever been before. This was also my first weigh in before going back to low carb. Obviously, a much needed decision.

I chose to begin on Independence Day as a declaration of my freedom from the insanity of destroying myself from the inside out. It was a long time in coming, and I am happy to be back on track. I'm sure after the caffeine withdrawals subside (and this headache goes away), I will be even more excited.

I fired up the grill for dinner tonight. I haven't touched it in two years! My husband didn't know what to think about having something other than a frozen pizza for dinner. Instead, we have steak, pork chops, and a few smoked sausage links to last the next couple of days. I fixed some green beans with bacon, onions and garlic to add to the mix. I have to say, deprived is NOT what I am feeling.

I am hoping to shed 15 lbs. this month. I wouldn't be quite so ambitions, but we all know it comes off faster the first couple of weeks. I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Kizz - Thank you so much for the personal motivation. I feel like I found a kindred spirit already!
Kd did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

So what woe have you chosen?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kd did
Stats: 209/178.5/150
Start Date: 07/04/14
Oh, sorry. I am sticking with Atkins. Trying to limit nuts and dairy as well. I think I would do best with Atkins '72, since I don't tend to lose well unless I am VERY strict. I just don't quite trust myself to have that much self control just yet.
Kd did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Well, that was a let-down.

Barbecue at the in-laws was a carb-a-thon. So many chips and side dishes. Even the pickles were the sweet kind. Thank goodness I at least got a hamburger out of the deal and that I ate a few hours before attending.

I did have 4 very thin, quarter-slices of watermelon. Better than the cupcakes, brownies, and ice cream that everyone else was eating.

Had a very productive day of yard work beforehand. Planted 2 new garden beds full of perennials - that is always so much fun for me because it's like a painter with an empty canvas just rarin' to paint the next Mona Lisa or something. There is this mail-order nursery I swear by that has a summer clearance sale where they mark down most of their plants to $2.99. I ordered a bunch last month and they've been sitting in my holding bed until I roto-tilled and prepared these beds. Now they're happily in the dirt, mulched, and watered. Also almost finished another garden project - using beer bottles as edging. My sis-in-law is a bartender and brought me cases of empty beer bottles after I mentioned to her that I had seen pictures on the internet of bottles used for edging. I've been SLOWLY soaking the bottles over the past few months in batches to remove the labels. It's been quite the process. But today I got them most of them together, grabbed the rubber mallet, and pounded those suckers in. I don't think they will shatter in the winter as I had a neighbor at the old house who used wine bottles the same way, and those bottles didn't break.

DH got quite the treat - his dad picked up a small riding mower at a garage sale for pretty cheap, got it tuned up and the blades sharpened, and then gave it to us as an early anniversary present. We've only got about 1/3 of an acre but with DH's health, he doesn't mow that often any more, and when DD or I do it, it is never up to his standards. So today he got to slather on the sunscreen, load up his MP3 player, and ride the mower for the first time. Bonus was that in order for it to fit in the garage, he had to clean the garage out a bit.

All in all, a good day, but I have not had an appetite so I didn't eat very much. I had a 1/2 lb burger with a slice of sharp cheddar and fried egg on top for lunch, and then the rather thin cheeseburger and few slices of watermelon at the barbecue. When it's hot and I'm working in the garden, my body needs more fluid than food. So I DID drink about 64oz of water and then a diet root beer at the cookout.

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!!

Last edited by LilacBruze; 07-04-2014 at 08:49 PM..
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kizz4k
Stats: 208/189/175 5'9
WOE: Low. Carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
OMG, it's so funny you mentioned that!! Tell me, is there anything worse than a sweaty HEAD???? I think not. I don't mind if my body is covered in sweat but my head, oh I just can't stand it! The only thing I can think of to get exercise and avoid that is to go swimming. Good gentle workout and NO SWEAT!!
In answer to your question, I can only think of one thing worse:
Boob sweat
Kizz4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
OMG I HATE HATE HATE to sweat!! I always thought I was some freak of nature so THANK YOU for validating me!!

I can't imagine 10 oz of zero calorie VitaminWater would make me gain 6 lbs in one day. I have to chalk it up to a wonky scale and will probably go need to get another one. Well, THAT'S depressing. Who knows HOW much I weigh now!!
I agree!! I thought I was the only one too. Sweat should be on a hot man working in nothin but dirty boots and Levi's jeans, on a roof in the hot sun, and I with my binoculars, know this for a fact

I would rather be muddy any day, then nasty sweaty....I just feel so gross and like I need a shower immediately!

(Sorry about your scale, mine has played tricks on me before too....I'm scared to weigh in tomorrow honestly, because all day long I munched on a slab of bacon I had fried up that never really made it to the fridge)
Old 07-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
July 1 - 273
July 2 - 271.9
July 3 - 271.4
July 4 - 270.8
July 5 - 270.3

Another 1/2 lb gone! 260's here I come!! I ate way more than I usually do but nothing off plan tho I did have some asparagus.

Off to work. Hope everyone sees some losses or at least maintains!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

kd: I don't know which version of Atkins you have chosen but I'm doing the original 1972 version. I may be wrong but I don't think green beans, garlic (fresh) or onions are on the list. I would be very careful with the smoked sausage as well. I love sausage too but so hard to find without fillers and/or sugars.

kizz: Okay, gotta agree with you on that but my #1 is still the head.

Lilac: I hate that you enjoyed some watermelon! Maybe next summer I'll indulge in some but for the most part it sounds like the bbq was pretty good and how nice of your fil to do that. I hope your hubs enjoyed his new toy!

Kimber: Amazing job you're doing. Every single day you're down something. Nice to see and happy for you!

Well, happy to say that I can officially call 70 lbs gone!! Yay!! Wow, this road is long and bumpy sometimes. Not sure why I'm one of those "slow" losers but at least I'm confident that I will get there, albeit later
than others.

July 1..... 159.4
July 2..... 158.8
July 3..... 158.4
July 4..... 158.1
July 5..... 157.3
Old 07-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Good morning all!!!
And congratulations Bonny-Jean!

I worked yesterday; our new york bureau got a big bbq spread for lunch and dc not nuffin, so we bought our own carry-out bbq. I got wings, but the sauce didn't come on the side qs i asked. I usually take the skin off anyway, but i still only ate three of them. After work i went to a party....everything loaded with carbs except half a burge and my miller lites!!!
Hope everyone did well yesterday...so far, everyone is looking great!

June 30 145
July 1 142.5.
July 2 142.75
july 3. 143
july 4. 142.8
July 5 141.75

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats to you, Bonny and Kimber!!

Don't be too jealous of the watermelon... it knocked me down from dark purple to light purple on the keto stick. Could not have been more than 15 carbs, but light purple I be. And this is why I will do '72 over '92 any day. "20 net carbs" does not put me into deep ketosis.

Took out the batteries of the scale, switched them around, cleaned the legs of any dog hair, reset the dang thing.

7/1 - 228.6
7/2 - 229.4
7/3 - 226.2
7/4 - ???
7/5 - 229.2

I'm not gonna get too upset just yet. I worked a lot in the heat and what I put into my body in fluids I did not put out quite yet. I'm going to blame water retention before the watermelon. Sometimes I have rebound water retention, especially after taking a water pill which I took... guess when? Yep, on 7/2. It's probably why my drop was so big the next day. Now that I am in ketosis though, I'm going to refrain from the water pills as much as possible as my body should regulate itself.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so just as quickly as y'all welcomed me into the "I hate to sweat" club, you shunned me with the "man sweating" club. I don't find a sweaty guy appealing AT ALL, no matter HOW handsome/fit he may be. I don't want to grab binoculars, I want to grab a towel and some soap!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning!
July goal- 163
July 3rd- 167
July 4th- 167
July 5th- 168

I Knew i'd go up in weight today. Ate LC yesterday but I guess to much. Thankfully my MIL and one of my SIL's eats LC too so we had food to eat. Burgers and Hot dogs. I had a slice of cantalope that was so good! 2 yrs since I had that Lol Lots of water today!

Lilac we have over 2 acres to mow and have a riding mower. I told DH I would Not mow unless we had it Lol! Mowing today cause our yard looks like a Jungle
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*

Starting Again! Lost 67 lbs then gained a lot back
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: May 2012
Hey Ya'll!!!

My goal is to just keep losing...would love 10 pounds!

Date....Start weight........Difference......Total loss tally
6/30........145.6
7/1..........144.6...............-1.0.................-1.0
7/2..........144.0...............-.6...................-1.6
7/3..........144.4...............+.4................ ..-1.2
7/4..........145.2...............+.8................ ..-.4 damn Aunt Flo!!
7/5..........145.2................0................. ...-.4

I did eat my ear of corn...it was good....now back to business!!

Ellen
ejw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
James you have the best sense of humour. I hope the BBQ funeral went well, and as CPG says, now you have an excuse to go buy another one. And I'll tell my DS you're sorry in advance that the Avs are gonna beat San Jose

I was shocked to see how much weight I gained after last weekend. I left on Friday morning at 126, was really good for 2 days away in Philadelphia, then went to the cottage and ate crap I shouldn't have while we were all celebrating. When I came home Tuesday night my scale said 137! 11 freaking pounds?!? Granted, it was the end of the day so I figured 134 or so in the morning, which I was. But 8 pounds? In 5 days? Holy crap. Anyhoo, I went right back on plan for Wed, Thurs and Friday this week, and was back to 127.5 this morning. I'm assuming it was mainly water weight, and it was funny as I could actually see my feet looked puffy at the 137. But talk about incentive to not do that again.....

I love your comment Mother Goose about, "will you really have more fun because you're eating crap" or something along those lines.

Wishing everyone a great day, off to finish an order and get it out in the mail or I'm going to have one very p.o.'d bride next weekend if she doesn't have her personalized wedding party glasses....
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mountain
Stats: 205/183/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2014
Good morning to all!

1 - 188.5
2 - 188.0
3 - 188.0
4 - 188.5
5 - 188.5

I’m glad to have ignored the goodies that were available at the party last night. One more party to endure today and then it’s back to my own food all day.
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatfreddy
Stats: 285/179/160
WOE: Zone/paleo/optimal/Atkins
Start Date: Zone-1999/others-2012
Happy Saturday everyone. I hope everyone south of the border survived the 4th!
Hockey- congrats to your DS!
Badda- I've been without a grill for a while so I've decided to make an Alton Brown style terra cotta planter smoker. Crossed fingers.
B.J. You are rockin the losses so hard!
DQ- as a punk rock girl I thought you'd appreciate that I'm going to see The English Beat tonight in KC. Gonna get my British ska on.
Cheers.
Fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

LOL and here I thought it was Sunday!

Not too sure what you'd call my breakfast. Had some leftover beef brisket to use up. Chopped it up, threw it in a pan with a little bit of onion, served it with low carb/sugar-free vinegar-based BBQ sauce made locally and lots of Tabasco sauce. BBQ beef in a bowl? Works for me.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
Start Date: 2/22/13
Lilac, your breakfast sounds really good!!!

Mountain, good for you for staying on track!! It's not always easy, but so worth it.

HockeyMum, isn't it amazing how quickly that water weight can go back on? That's why I'm afraid to start adding things back in.

Shelly, nice to see you again!

DQ, Almost to the 130's!!!

Kendra, I think you'll be happy with the 72 version. That's what I use, and Bonny-Jean does too, and it's been the most effective for us.

Kimber, you're doing great, as usual! I would expect nothing less from you!

Bonny-Jean, I'm so proud of you, you're having a GREAT month!

I'm not losing at the moment, I'm just bouncing up and down between 143 and 145. That's my usual pattern though. Hit a new low, and then bounce up and down 2 pounds for 3 weeks, then have a week of losing and hitting a new low. At least I've finally figured out my bodies pattern!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lilac, your breakfast sounds REALLY good!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Don't you know.... we don't "perspire".... we "glow"
Please show off your 'glow'
But I agree, I prefer my DW fresh out of the shower
Got out with my buddies this morning, for whatever reason, the mosquitoes seem to like the others over me. Could the lack of sugar in my blood be a factor?
Off to the gym in a few minutes; DW wants to hit the weight room. Then we're hitting the pool
Well, the house is quieter....Junior left this morning. Hopefully the weather cooperates & he has some fun.
Have a great day folks........
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

MamaG - it wasn't bad. Funny story about the low carb BBQ sauce, I was shopping at the local family-owned market last year, and there was a sample station with someone hawking BBQ sauce. I shook my head and said no thanks, that BBQ sauce had too much sugar in it. She replied that it was sugar free. I stopped in my tracks and went to read the label. True enough, made with apple juice, apple cider vinegar, only 3 carbs per 2 TB. I mix the 2 TB with 1 TB of tomato paste and 1 tsp of liquid smoke and 1 TB of water. Can't be confused with full carb BBQ sauce but it's only 5 carbs for enough for the 1 whole lb of brisket (so 2.5 carbs per hearty portion). The BBQ sauce is made here in Chicago and I don't think is available outside of Chicago, sorry!

Last edited by LilacBruze; 07-05-2014 at 01:29 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! That's okay Lilac, still too many carbs for me, but does sound yummy!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Mothergoose: Do you think you and Bonny Jean could post some daily menus so I can see what you eat day to day? I have the Atkins 72 book somewhere around here, I am familiar with it, I'll have to find it and re-submerse myself in it....I have found that I can only lose weight when I allow very very low carbs 0-10

7-1: 204.8
7-2: 201.6
7-3: 201.2
7-4: 200.2
7-5: 200.6
Old 07-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Firstly, thank you EVERYONE for your support and well wishes. Please know it is very much appreciated.

CPG: It's so hot here that I really got a "glow" going on but trust me, you don't wanna see it!!

Mthergoos: Oh, that outfit is too cute! You look like a kid.... so pretty!

To everybody who avoided all the foods that made us this way
GOOD JOB ON YOU!!! Very proud of you!! That's what these boards are all about... supporting and helping the people who are serious about their woe. These are the folks that need and deserve our support. I find it a little frustrating when I hear about different "off plan" foods being so easily consumed and then telling us. Sometimes it feels like a bone being waved in front of a dog and then taken away.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kizz, I keep it REALLY simple, and I tend to eat the same thing over and over. I don't get tired of eating the same things over and over and I don't tend to need a lot of variety. Right now my daily menu looks like this ~

Breakfast ~ 2 Eggs and 1 Tablespoon of Butter
Lunch ~ 2 Eggs, mashed up and mixed with mustard and 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil for an egg salad

Snack ~ 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner ~ Some type of meat, usually on the grill. Usually a steak or pork steak. I eat all the visible fat off first, and then some of the meat if I'm still hungry for it. Sometimes I'll have ground beef mixed with cheese.

That's about it. I keep it simple. Sometimes I'll have bacon for breakfast instead of the eggs, but not often. And in a few months I may change the menu up some.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks Bonny-Jean! That was this morning. I thought I should have a picture without my phone in it so it wasn't confusing to anyone. LOL
Old 07-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizz4k View Post
Mothergoose: Do you think you and Bonny Jean could post some daily menus so I can see what you eat day to day?
Okay, this shouldn't take much time.

Brunch: 3-4 eggs scrambled with butter or boiled with mayo/mustard.
4 slices of bacon on weekends.

Dinner/Supper: 8 oz marbled meat, rib-eye, prime rib or 4 bbq'd back ribs or 3-4 chicken pcs fried in coconut oil (lots)

2-3 coffee and 2-3 Diet Coke and 6-8 water.

2 or 3 times a week I'll have sf jello with 4 tbsp whipped cream.

So that's it for me and yes, everyday it's pretty much that and luckily I have no problem with it. Hope that helps. I don't eat veggies cause I don't like them anyway. Of course the only one I like is corn and no surprise it's the worst one to eat. Figures!