Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/178.3/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Morning All!

Cpg- no, I don't have a zoodler yet. I'll get one soon, but the only thing I've added back so far is mushrooms and the very occasional 2 T of 30% fat sour cream. Soon I'll be adding back cauliflower though.

Ellen, I used the program "paint" for windows. It was fairly simple to do.

Scale is cooperating today.... 197.6! Yay!!!
bmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Morning Folks;
BMAC13: where the heck did you manage to find 30% sour cream? The highest fat content I can find is 14%
Baddabing: I'll have to check youtube for CXworks, I wonder if it's similiar to some of the exercises shown in the NROL supercharged? <-lots of core related exercises.

Ok, off to get ready for work. Have a good day folks
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:52 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/150.5/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
July Week 1: 153.5 (-.5lb)
July Week 2:155 (+1.5lb)
July Week 3: 153.5 (-1.5lb)

July 21... 157
July 22... 154
July 23... 152.5
July 24... 154
July 25... 153 (Friday Weigh In: -.5lbs)

CdnPaleo: Funny, I am not a huge fan of Walmart Meat either.. I just dont find the quality is there, I would rath pay more.

Welp.. lets see how 'gluten free' I can keep this weekend.
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mountain
Stats: 205/183/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2014
Good morning everyone!

CdnPaleoGuy - Shorts loose? I was in the store parking lot today and the darn things almost fell off.

Tried on my old pants. They are a bit tight, but another 5 pound loss should do it. Then I put them all away again, as itís 114 degrees F outside and no one wears pants this time of year. Then in the Winter, everyone wears heavy jackets and clothing because itís all the way down to 50.

1 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
14 - 186.5
21 - 184.5
22 - 184.0
23 - 184.0
24 - 184.0
25 - 184.0
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post

... We ended up with 9 potential tags. We are all happy with it. Tomorrow I should be able to actually get people to work, bunch of sissy's!

Not bad!
In 10 working days when the final tally comes in black and white, the 'heads' start earning their keep with 'plans of corrections'...
So, you are good for another year....

Last edited by Galveston Gal; 07-25-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Cudabear: yup, there's things we just don't get at W@lmart & meat is one of them. DW is always curious about source.
Good luck going gluten free; it's in everything including spices & gum

Mountain: well, that could have been embarrassing I went to Yuma once; never made it into Phoenix. I'm guessing Arizona is generally hot but: no humidity

No gym tonight; Junior comes home after 3 weeks away at Cadet camp. Either he had a great time or...
Have a great evening folks.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:50 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Everyone is doing well! Stay strong this weekend!

I'd like to say that I'm going to be super busy this weekend so I won't be online as much. But the truth is that we're going to be hanging out by the pool and cooking burgers. That's the one good thing about summer, its so much easier to be low carb around family and friends.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

CdnPaleoGuy - In Arizona the valleys are blazing hot in the summer with low hunidity, except in monsoon season - now. We had a bad dust storm last night and scattered thunderstorms. The mountains to the north do have four seasons; they have moderate summers but can get lots of snow.

1 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
14 - 186.5
21 - 184.5
22 - 184.0
23 - 184.0
24 - 184.0
25 - 184.0
26 - 184.0
Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning! Sorry been MIA a few days. I took the kiddos to the lake for a couple days to spend some time with family that are camping. Had a Blast going out on the boats and swimming and running around. I really figured the scale would be my BFF but apparently she-He still hates me Lol
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
Good morning everyone!

CdnPaleoGuy - In Arizona the valleys are blazing hot in the summer with low hunidity, except in monsoon season - now. We had a bad dust storm last night and scattered thunderstorms. The mountains to the north do have four seasons; they have moderate summers but can get lots of snow.
So Yuma was where in relation to where you are? I remember talking to a cop who said the nearby desert(?) got up to 120ļ during the summer

Just got back in from 5km walk with the fellas; brought the dog along. Having lunch then off to the gym for KBs & some pool time.

PrincessMommy: I'm surprised you came back; time at the lake is sooooooooo relaxing
BulldogMom: I'm going to be hanging around the pool too; unfortunately, I can't drag the BBQ along
Old 07-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cdn I didn't want to come back but DS has a job so he had to go back to work Lol
Old 07-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Happy Weekend everyone!

I love hearing of everyone's cottage/lake/pool/bbq etc parties! Wish we had similar exploits here! I miss bbqs the most - we are not allowed to have them in our building so its pretty crap! When I move out of London, I am so going to import one of those massive Canadian bbqs over here! Its been lovely and hot here so my aircon is fab but have been topping up the tan at lunch time too. Hope everyone has great weather.

Been very bad this week. I mean bad. Was fine till Thursday when it must be tom made me go crazy and order in Chinese (singapore noodles and then sweet and sour chicken). And I didn't stop there. Oh no. New Marc de Champagne Magnum ice cream, followed by mac and cheese deep fried balls plus lasagna. Honestly. I am disgusted. I hate being female sometimes. It just came out of nowhere and I put it all in my mouth

Anyway, going to stop worrying about it and start again today. I think its a combo of being tom plus annoyed that my weight is higher than October last year for no reason. I also haven't been able to gym because had surgery on my foot last week and its been pretty painful so far.

Nice to see you back Kemp, hope you keep dropping in - we miss you!

Oh Bulldog, how annoying for her to get that appt wrong!!! Only 4 more weeks till hopefully you get an answer. Hopefully they will do a full thyroid spectrum test and not just the useless TSH. Have you ever read Collette Harris' books on PCOS? Very helpful.

hi Shelly, hope you are okay and not letting the evil scale get you down (like me)

Cdnpal, no I don't think the Y will do BodyPump due to the licensing costs. See if maybe a local gym offers it on a pay as you attend basis? I did do it a bit back in Toronto, but that was years ago! I saw on telly that they now sell it as a home video set so it might be something to consider but I think you will be able to find a similar class at a gym near you, if not the BP brand.

Badda, youre becoming a gym bunny!!! Made me laugh about the classes you don't go to! I avoid them to because am a clutz but actually, I think if I did go, I might improve my coordination! Hope you liked BodyPump - I will start back on it probably at the end of next week after my stitches come out. I will get back to swimming probably the week after that.

Anyway, enough depressing talk. Am back onboard today, just some chicken with some lettuce for lunch and then a huge (plate covering) sirloin steak smothered in butter. Will do a fat fast the next few days to get out of this rut.

Hope everyone has a fab remainder of the wknd and is out there bbqing (I'm confined to my bed with my foot in the air, hair dye in and some online shopping happening on the ipad whilst watching Red!). Not the glamourous poster girl for lc tonight
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Oops sorry, I also meant to say if anyone is looking for a book to read - cannot recommend Barry Groves enough! Just finished reading his Trick and Treat (how "healthy eating" made us sick) and it is absolutely brilliant. He is old school low carber with an emphasis on fats and goes through all sorts of unscientifically backed policies like: avoiding the sun (if you want to die), the five a day myth, chloesterol myth, diabetes recommendations, cancer, etc.

Ive bought copies for friends and family to read to hopefully open their eyes and regain their health.
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155.3/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Glad everyone is doing well. I am down another two pounds 163. I can't wait yo be in the 150's. It is so close and I am hoping that I can hit my birthday goal of 150 by August 18. I didn't get a chance to do my exercises this week as my 1yr old daughter had a 105 fever that wouldn't go down so I had to take her to the ER. It was a long week. She is finally better so Monday I will be getting back to my normal schedule of working out. I was surprised though that I did nothing and lost two pounds. Taking my kiddos to take pictures today and planning to have ribs for dinner.
Skinnycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:05 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

27 July

Morning All:
Can't believe I'm up already; we were at a party that lasted till Midnight before the place closed. Some friends were celebrating both of them having turned 50 & being married for 15 yrs. Too bad the DJ was clueless when it came to playing dance tunes.
Princessmommy: lucky you, wish my oldest had a job. Might you, both boys have a paper route that brings in a trickle of $$$
Tiggy: Isn't Barry Groves one of the original LCHF writers? So the 'new' book is called Trick & treat? Both my DW & I love reading those types of books for some odd reason. You would enjoy 'Lights Out: Sleep, sugar & survival' by T.S Wiley & Bent Fromby
I'm not too worried about the Y not offering bodypump, I've been doing kettlebells, swimming, slowing trying to do C25K & trying to figure out a routine from the NROL books. So far, the kettlebells have the most bang for $$$$ when it comes to jacking up the heart rate.
Skinnycj: wow, the fever your daughter had must of scared the heck out of you! Did the Dr's figure out what the problem was?

No idea what the day ahead will bring; we're suppose to be going for a relaxing swim & soak in the hot tub. I also heard mention of a shopping trip
Have a great day folks...
Old 07-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

CdnPaleoGuy - Iím near Phoenix, about 100 miles East of Yuma. The weather is about the same in both places; we got to 121 last summer. Hasnít been that bad this year, but last night was yet another crazy dust and lightning storm. The power went out twice, and lightning lit the entire horizon every 2-3 seconds for most of an hour. Trees down, debris everywhere - the usual.

1 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
14 - 186.5
21 - 184.5
22 - 184.0
23 - 184.0
24 - 184.0
25 - 184.0
26 - 184.0
27 - 184.0

No progress... and friends to visit tonight. They will expect me to eat vegetables... bah.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skinny so glad your baby girl is Ok! High fevers are So scary.

Cdn my son is 17 and it's his first job. It's working on a computer at his High school. They are doing whats called ArcGis. So basically mapping the town and surrounding areas for disaster prep etc. He's thinking this might be what he wants to do for a living.

I got a nice suprise this morning. The scale dropped a few oz! Yay!! Now for it to continue and drop Pounds! DH is grilling supper tonight. Kabobs, burgers and ribs. Super Yum!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

I had a little bounce up this weekend. Probably due to my million mile hike(not literally, but it felt like it). I also had some sausages one night and those always make me bump up with the sodium.

July 25-197.6
July 26-198
July 27-198
July 28-198

CPG-The brand is called Western and I got it at No Frills. I was so surprised too! It is seriously sooooo good.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:01 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
Morning all. Terrible weather here overnight. My DS had driven to London area to visit his girlfriend for the weekend and couldn't come home because of a tornado warning. He left at 5:30 this morning to make his gym workout with is trainer here at 8 and they still have no power there. Tornado warnings, flooding. Lovely July weather!

Bmac will know what I'm talking about, there's flooding out your way too I think....

Skinny, glad your baby is ok. My son had a really high fever and ended up in ER as a baby and it can be terrifying.

Mountain, 121 degrees would kill me. The highest I remember is 111 in Florida once as a kid.

CJ, congrats on another 2 pounds down. You'll see 150 soon!

We were at the cottage all weekend. Wasn't as strict as I could have been but as usual, back on plan today because it's Monday. This seems to work for me, induction all week then LC on the weekends.

Sorry to hear everyone is afraid to try the Walmart meats. I buy a lot from there, chicken, pork loin seasoned roasts, etc. and it's always very good. I have several excellent high end butchers near me and I really can't tell the difference, except in my grocery bill. The Angus steaks are cut from top quality beef and aged, so I really don't think I'm eating horsemeat or anything.

Wish the rain would stop. I feel sorry for anyone who booked vacation this week if they're planning on a "staycation"-- forecast is rain, rain and more rain....

Enjoy your day everyone.
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kd did
Stats: 209/178.5/150
Start Date: 07/04/14
7 days later, and...still very sick. Now, hubby is sick too, so it is off to the doctor with both of us this morning. This stuff is brutal. Hubby almost never gets sick, and this is his second round with this crud. Needless to say, I have NOT been on plan the past week. Fortunately, I have eaten so little anyway that I have gained and lost the same pound repeatedly. Much better shape than I thought I would be in after being on steroids, antibiotics, and cough syrups all week.
Kd did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Howdy, Howdy.
Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Had been doing great staying gluten free this week until we went to the neighbors yesterday and I had me a little tryst with some beers.. Had lots of wine and cider the rest of the weekend and managed to keep the Lbs off, but as soon as I hit those beers, low and behold +2.5lbs this morning. Just goes to show how hard it is for some peoples digestive system to work through these things. (also.. Feel like garbage today.. Was not worth it at all).
Old 07-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Hockeymum, I'm not afraid to try Walmart meats.....just afraid to go to Walmart. LOL I'm going to check out the meats that you mentioned the next time I'm by there. Its one of those places where I feel you have to go at a certain time to be safe.

Glad that the weekend is over. It was fun but I really my routine.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

HockeyMum, we had and are having some pretty wicked weather here too, no tornadoes though!!! Where are the warnings for tornadoes?

I was in Algonquin over the weekend and the weather there was pretty intense too. We had so much rain overnight on Saturday that it bent the poles on our canopy!!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
I'm at my 5 month anniversary, and have lost almost 60 lbs. I've gone from a 22-24W to a size 16. I count calories, because I easily deceive myself. I track macros, because I've done low fat for so long that I still have to watch myself or I will go right back to it (and tracking macros is what showed me that I lose better on high fat). Atkins 72 induction is the core of my program, and I'm thankful to all of you for sharing your journey with me.
bmac--can't wait to join you in Onederland! 3 weeks, maybe?? I'm hoping!!
PaleoGuy--how was Junior's Cadet camp?
Mountain--every single time I see your icon, I smile. Thanks for posting it! You are chugging right along with your weight loss this month!
Tiggy--thanks for the book recommendations. I do like to read up on this WOE
Skinny-glad your baby is ok
HockeyMum--I'm planning on trying the Walmart meats, thanks to your recommendations...next week, when I'm down to *only* one adult child in the house! (that will last only a week, but I'll take it!) The Angus steaks are frozen, in a box?
Kd did--Oh my goodness, I'm glad you're going to the doctor! This is really hanging on a long time! You're doing the best you can with your food, and have a good mindset, so I know you'll get right back on the "wagon" when you can. Feel better soon!
Cudabear--"It was not worth it." Lol--why don't we ever learn? I baked this week, and took a taste of the batter. It smelled SO good...tasted like chocolate glue. I spit it out. After this long away from that stuff, I think I'm finally tasting it for what it is!

Off in an hour to my vacation--will eat as clean as I can! Don't want to mess things up!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kd did
Stats: 209/178.5/150
Start Date: 07/04/14
Well, it's official. I now have pneumonia. Only I would get pneumonia when it is 9 THOUSAND degrees outside!

Betterthanever - You are sooo close to Onederland! I'm sure you will make it before you know it. Have fun on vacation!
Kd did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

28 July

Afternoon Folks:
Princessmommy: if there were jobs evaluating Xbox/computer games, my 17 yr old would be in. Otherwise
Mountain: the weather must be favourful in the winter; I met several Canadian snowbirds when we were in Yuma. Guess the trailer park is nearby
Bmac13: I was at No Frills this weekend, never noticed the brand. How was the park btw? Usually the blackflies are so thick that enjoying yourself is hit or miss at the best of times
HockeyMum: I know Barrie gets nailed with tornadoes but I haven't heard of them in your part of the woods...
I actually don't go to W@lmart all that often, perhaps I should give those Angus meat packages a go.
betterthanever: you're melting away
The boy didn't talk all that much about the 3 weeks away. As always, he made some new friends & earned some $$$. Unfortunately, he came home with a cold & infected me. Who knew you could catch a cold from someone coughing on the back of your head
I was so tired this morning that I phoned in sick. A 1st for me.
Cudabear: I thought you were on the margarita band wagon? My DW tried Corona which is 'reportedly' gluten free only to discover (the hard way) that it's not.
KD Did: hopefully this doesn't progress to pneumonia; been there, done that.
I popped an extra vit D; we'll see if it helps any........
Have a good evening folks...
Old 07-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155.3/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Princess & hockymum- thanks for the kind words. Yes having a little one sick is never any fun especially when having to go to the ER.

Hockeymum- I usually buy my meat at costco just due to getting good quality in bulk for cheap. I have tried some walmart meat and it is fine. I usually get my chicken from there.

Princess- wow that is big your son getting his first job how exciting. That would be great if he knows what he wants to do as a career already.

Kd- oh no so sorry you have pneumonia. Try to get plenty of rest. It is almost worst being sick in the summer, it seems we just expect to get sick in the winter. Hope it goes away soon and your hubby gets better too!

Cuda- sounds like you had a good weekend. I had to pass on the alcohol at a party we went to. It was hard but didn't want to take my body out of ketosis. I do miss a good glass of wine and beer.

Better- great job! I am sure you will be in onederland soon! Have fun on your vacation I know it must be hard to stay on plan but it is so worth it when you do even away from home.

My scale has stayed at 163.0 I am expecting it to show a drop soon. Doesn't look like I am going to make my goal of 158 by the end of this month. This month went by so fast I didn't realize that this coming weekend is already august, yikes! Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Skinnycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon everyone!

HockeyMum - 121 degrees would kill me too. So we stay indoors with the AC on constantly. Cannot imagine living in tornado country like you. Stay safe!

Betterthanever - Thatís 12 pounds a month; amazing!

Kd - Oh my. I once got pneumonia during the summer in Sacramento, CA. It was over 100 degrees, and I remember sitting in a chair wrapped with blankets and a hat, trying to keep warm. You and your hubby take care of yourselves and get well soon!

CdnPaleoGuy - Yes, December through May is very mild weather. No snow, sunny days, inexpensive living, and lots to do. But then summer comes and itís too hot to do anything.

1 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
14 - 186.5
21 - 184.5
22 - 184.0
23 - 184.0
24 - 184.0
25 - 184.0
26 - 184.0
27 - 184.0
28 - 184.0
Old 07-29-2014, 04:28 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Morning All!

CPG-the park was fantastic! The black flies were almost non-existent, which was a pleasant surprise. We had a great time there, hiked a lot and as long as we kept moving the bugs didn't bother us. I think I came out with 5 or 6 total bug bites, which is amazing for a weekend in the bush! My little guy did get one smack in the middle of his eyes on the bridge of his nose though! We saw a bear and her 2 cubs while on a hike and picked wild blueberries. It was a great time.

Skinnny-I buy all my meat at Costco too. The pork chops, pork tenderloin and pork ribs cannot be beat for quality and price in my opinion. Before I picked up half a cow I was getting my steaks and ground beef there too, which are an excellent price for the amazing quality. I still buy frozen chicken from Costco in the box, which I don't know if I can give up as that is my lunch every single day and chicken can get quite costly if fresh.

Mini goals:

200lbs by August 12, 2014 Weigh in at weight loss challenge (Made it-July 18, 2014)
180lbs by October 4, 2014 Costa Rica Trip (Made it-Sept 12, 2014)
165lbs by November 25, 2014 My Birthday
145lbs by April 2, 2015
Old 07-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #540
Senior LCF Member

KD - Oh gosh that sucks.. Rest up and get well soon!
CdnPaleo - Another Sicky! Sending good vibes.. Least you can sweat the thing out?!?!
Betterthanever - Congrats on 5 yrs! (and walking away from batter)
Skinnycj - I drink far more than I should. I really do enjoy a nice glass of wine after work. I can still lose weight if I do AS LONG as I watch my food, however, seems half the time these things go hand in hand and instead of doing one or the other I do both!