Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning. It's a rainy morning here which makes me wanna go back to bed but have soo much stuff to get done.
Weight is down another few oz. Not as much as I wanted of course But any number Lower then the day before is a blessing!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kd did
Stats: 209/178.5/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 07/04/14
EJW - Congrats on the scale going the right way again! I know those tiny gain days are frustrating. Sometimes that fat just likes to play tug of war. Way to be a winner...er...loser.

Kemp - I think quite of a few of us here are back with our tail between our legs. It is only a defeat if you give up and give in...which I did for several months. Congrats on making the choice to fight the fight for your health. Welcome!

Kizz - Yay for you on kicking those pounds to the curb! I would LOVE to do '72 with you....well, but I'm a wienie. I know it would show the quickest results. However, I have an aversion to eggs. I like them ok, but if I eat more than one a day, they make me nauseous. I have also learned that if I stick to strictly protein and fats, it doesn't take long before even the thought of meat makes me ill. No appetite is good, not eating at all because everything sounds horrible is bad. I'm sure I will swing more that way for a week or so at a time when the scales stall out. For now, I am keeping my dairy, nuts, and veggie carbs in check. Definitely under 20 a day. Speaking of which...

July goal.........officially met!
Start...209
Today...194

Bam!
Kd did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kizz4k
Stats: 208/189/175 5'9
WOE: Low. Carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd did View Post
EJW - Congrats on the scale going the right way again! I know those tiny gain days are frustrating. Sometimes that fat just likes to play tug of war. Way to be a winner...er...loser.

Kemp - I think quite of a few of us here are back with our tail between our legs. It is only a defeat if you give up and give in...which I did for several months. Congrats on making the choice to fight the fight for your health. Welcome!

Kizz - Yay for you on kicking those pounds to the curb! I would LOVE to do '72 with you....well, but I'm a wienie. I know it would show the quickest results. However, I have an aversion to eggs. I like them ok, but if I eat more than one a day, they make me nauseous. I have also learned that if I stick to strictly protein and fats, it doesn't take long before even the thought of meat makes me ill. No appetite is good, not eating at all because everything sounds horrible is bad. I'm sure I will swing more that way for a week or so at a time when the scales stall out. For now, I am keeping my dairy, nuts, and veggie carbs in check. Definitely under 20 a day. Speaking of which...

July goal.........officially met!
Start...209
Today...194

Bam!
You go woman!!!! I'm so happy for you! Now who's dancing for who?! we still have two weeks left of July, who knows how much we can lose? I'm in your corner for sure. Sorry to hear you hate eggs. I would have a very hard time with this if I didn't eat eggs. I do miss my habernero BBQ almonds when I'm watching a movie, but I really think the high calorie amount was stalling me. When I get to maintenance, I will add veggies, dairy and sf candy back little by little
Kizz4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mountain
Stats: 205/183/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2014
Good morning!

It is great to see everyone’s progress. Helps keep me motivated.

1 - 188.5
2 - 188.0
3 - 188.0
4 - 188.5
5 - 188.5
6 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
8 - 187.0
9 - 187.0
10 - 186.5
11 - 186.5
12 - 186.5
13 - 186.5
14 - 186.5
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
Start Date: January 2014
kempmuhlbauer: welcome back! If you had one of those scares here in Canada, you would be on a cocktail of pills for the rest of your life.

bmac13: that's really odd. Perhaps they have some fancy spice mix that ups the carb count?

ejw55: hmmm, I was going to wait till Planet of the Apes came out on video. Might have to rethink that.
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

I went grocery shopping bright and early this morning hoping to catch some meat marked down. No such luck. I paid $18 for TWO ribeyes. What is this world coming to?!?! $10.99 a pound! I would have skipped them altogether, but it was hubby's only request on meat. I only grill out about once every two weeks, so I guess it won't kill me. I'll throw on a package of boneless chicken thighs and some smoked sausage for him, and that should last us several days.

I already cooked and shredded a family pack of boneless chicken breasts. Now there is several packs in the freezer for quick fix dinners, and I made some yummy chicken salad. I found some ahh-mazing rosso pesto at Aldi's. Only 2 carbs per 2 tablespoons. Mixed it in with some mayo, sour cream, bacon, chicken, salt and pepper. The pesto really gave it a wonderfully flavor. I thought about adding in a few low carb veggies, but decided to save the carbs since it was so flavorful already.

I guess all of you '72ers are inspiring me. lol. It really reminds me to be mindful of if those extra carbs are really worth it. Sometimes the answer is yes. I really love vegetables. However, I am making a conscious effort to watch my quantity and frequency. So, thank you all! I am planning to make a couple of soups later this week that are a little veggie heavy, but will limit the serving sizes and make sure I really watch the carbs for the rest of my meals each day.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the support and motivation. Those that are struggling remind me that the weight only rarely comes off quickly, and to prepare myself mentally for the days the scale fights back. Those that are showing steady losses remind me that this WOE really is the best way to live. And, those that have kept it off and are now physically 1/2 the person they used to be remind me that it IS possible to stick with this long term and be a happier and healthier me. You are all truly an inspiration.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Man Kemp we missed you!! So glad to see you back! So sorry about the BP etc. Though. Don't go away again cause you're missed when you're gone
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
BullDogMom, so nice to see you posting again! We miss you when you're gone!
Thanks! I miss you guys too but I've been in a mental funk and not fit to be around people. I hate that I have to run around for months between 2 different doctors just so that I can get a referral to the one doctor that I think can help me.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp!!!!! So glad to see you back! I'm sending prayers your way. I know its been a rough year for you but we're all here to lend some support.

Everyone is doing well again today! The losses are so encouraging for me.

I feel like I'm at my limit. When I talk to my doctors, its like talking to a brick wall. The pcos is making things challenging at the moment and my doctors feel like it should not be an issue if I'm not trying to get pregnant. But insulin resistance doesn't simply go away just because you are no longer trying to get pregnant. I did leave the doctor's office today with a referral to an endocrinologist. Fingers crossed that he can and will help. There was so much bull poop said in that appointment that I'm amazed this guy can practice medicine. My weight is continues to fluctuate all over the place with it trending upwards. I have a head of cauliflower to eat and then I'm headed over to the dark side.... Atkins '72. Bye veggies, I'll miss you.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

BulldogMom - I totally feel your pain on the medical front. I am Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's) and have PCOS. I fought the doctor battle for YEARS trying to even get a diagnosis, but wasn't successful until my thryoid crashed so hard I was told I should have been in a coma. I wish you the best of luck with the Endocrinologist. I don't want to burst your bubble, but traditionally they only look at the numbers not the symptoms. Hopefully, your endo will be an exception to the rule, and help you figure things out. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. It just takes a lot of digging.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
BulldogMom - I totally feel your pain on the medical front. I am Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's) and have PCOS. I fought the doctor battle for YEARS trying to even get a diagnosis, but wasn't successful until my thryoid crashed so hard I was told I should have been in a coma. I wish you the best of luck with the Endocrinologist. I don't want to burst your bubble, but traditionally they only look at the numbers not the symptoms. Hopefully, your endo will be an exception to the rule, and help you figure things out. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. It just takes a lot of digging.
Thanks! And you're right. My doctor had run a basic hormone test to see if I was going into menopause. Since the test showed that I wasn't premenopausal, he said my ovaries were working so I don't have hormonal issues. Huh? I wanted to face palm him for either being stupid or thinking that I'm stupid. I don't know about this endo since he's only been practicing for about 2 years. I've never met him but my current doctor said he heard good things about him.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Maybe it will actually be advantageous that he has only been in practice two years. I would hope that you are more likely to get compassion out of newer doctors than those taught a million years ago that "numbers don't lie." I never did find a solution on the PCOS front. They thyroid problem is such a nightmare, the PCOS hangs out on the back burner. The only real option I was given was "remove the source of the problem." I'm just not ready to deal with menopause at 35.

I have been lucky enough to find a half looney nurse practitioner in my area that put herself through school after not being able to find a doctor that would treat her hypothyroidism. I'm afraid she has gotten a little money hungry, and goes along with every fad out there. I had her treating my hormone imbalances with testosterone and progesterone...until I started growing a beard every 3 days!Somehow, I didn't see that as "natural", so I chose to eliminate the testosterone. I had to stop the progesterone once she learned I am high risk for breast cancer. So, I'm kind of back where I started. On a bright note, she is doing great things for my thyroid imbalance.

Last edited by Kd did; 07-14-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bulldogmom i'll be Praying you can get some answers! There are some Great endos out there, few and Far between and I have yet to find one but I hope you do. I feel like I may be finally on my way to having my thyroid levels more "Normal" I don't have that mental fog so badly.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommy View Post
Bulldogmom i'll be Praying you can get some answers! There are some Great endos out there, few and Far between and I have yet to find one but I hope you do. I feel like I may be finally on my way to having my thyroid levels more "Normal" I don't have that mental fog so badly.
Thanks! I'm glad you are starting to feel normal again. You've really been through a tough but you've still hung in there. I hope I get some answers too. Right now I feel like I'm being treated like a crazy patient.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Maybe it will actually be advantageous that he has only been in practice two years. I would hope that you are more likely to get compassion out of newer doctors than those taught a million years ago that "numbers don't lie." I never did find a solution on the PCOS front. They thyroid problem is such a nightmare, the PCOS hangs out on the back burner. The only real option I was given was "remove the source of the problem." I'm just not ready to deal with menopause at 35.

I have been lucky enough to find a half looney nurse practitioner in my area that put herself through school after not being able to find a doctor that would treat her hypothyroidism. I'm afraid she has gotten a little money hungry, and goes along with every fad out there. I had her treating my hormone imbalances with testosterone and progesterone...until I started growing a beard every 3 days!Somehow, I didn't see that as "natural", so I chose to eliminate the testosterone. I had to stop the progesterone once she learned I am high risk for breast cancer. So, I'm kind of back where I started. On a bright note, she is doing great things for my thyroid imbalance.
I'm hoping that this endo will be a little aggressive since he's new and might still have some passion for his job left. I know what needs to be done for the pcos, its just a matter of getting one doctor on board and writing the prescription. Its a pretty basic regime of bcp and metformin. I can't get anyone to prescribe the metformin even though I was on it for years while trying to get pregnant.

Sorry for your troubles. Hopefully you can get some answers soon too.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post

You never tried Tracy R's sock gloves?
I watched her 2min. video on the sock gloves, but my problem was so much sweat on the hands that I was gripping too tight just to hold onto it(my hands have given me a LONG history of arthritis when stressed but they are better since adding 2oz.raw ginger in my daily food plan...trying to focus on foods that are antiflamatory)...hence, the sticky part of the garden glove is perfect and I don't have to grip as hard....
I really do like Tracy's approach...her story or weight loss is amazing!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post

I am back at 274 pounds which is just to much. Glad to see some old faces and look forward to meeting some new folks. I also look forward to some nice steady losses.

NEVER!
NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
NEVER!
NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Galveston Gal: I've watched her videos a few times too. I haven't bothered with any gloves or socks yet as my volume isn't high yet.
I mentioned Tracy a few times here, don't think it stirred up any interest
BulldogMom: good luck finding a Dr that finally helps you figure out the source of the problem. It must be a major source of frustration & concern trying to get answers
Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmac13
Stats: 231.3/174.5/145
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Down 0.1 today. I guess that's movement. Got info about the keg steaks... Apparently they add in what they expect would be sides, but the steaks themselves have 0-1 carb depending on if they have bacon. So woohoo for the keg again! Feeling like a bag of dirt today. Caught a head cold from my little guy. And I can't even stay in bed to nurse it today cause I have a conference all day.

I hope everyone has a great low carb day!
bmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ejw55
Stats: 167/144.6/115
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
I went grocery shopping bright and early this morning hoping to catch some meat marked down. No such luck. I paid $18 for TWO ribeyes. What is this world coming to?!?! $10.99 a pound! I would have skipped them altogether, but it was hubby's only request on meat. I only grill out about once every two weeks, so I guess it won't kill me. I'll throw on a package of boneless chicken thighs and some smoked sausage for him, and that should last us several days.

I already cooked and shredded a family pack of boneless chicken breasts. Now there is several packs in the freezer for quick fix dinners, and I made some yummy chicken salad. I found some ahh-mazing rosso pesto at Aldi's. Only 2 carbs per 2 tablespoons. Mixed it in with some mayo, sour cream, bacon, chicken, salt and pepper. The pesto really gave it a wonderfully flavor. I thought about adding in a few low carb veggies, but decided to save the carbs since it was so flavorful already.

I guess all of you '72ers are inspiring me. lol. It really reminds me to be mindful of if those extra carbs are really worth it. Sometimes the answer is yes. I really love vegetables. However, I am making a conscious effort to watch my quantity and frequency. So, thank you all! I am planning to make a couple of soups later this week that are a little veggie heavy, but will limit the serving sizes and make sure I really watch the carbs for the rest of my meals each day.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the support and motivation. Those that are struggling remind me that the weight only rarely comes off quickly, and to prepare myself mentally for the days the scale fights back. Those that are showing steady losses remind me that this WOE really is the best way to live. And, those that have kept it off and are now physically 1/2 the person they used to be remind me that it IS possible to stick with this long term and be a happier and healthier me. You are all truly an inspiration.
I don't know where you shop...but there are steaks called "chuck eye steak"...very similar to a rib eye with the fat content...very yummy and juicy...I get mine from Walmart...$5.99 lb
ejw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
kempmuhlbauer: welcome back! If you had one of those scares here in Canada, you would be on a cocktail of pills for the rest of your life.

bmac13: that's really odd. Perhaps they have some fancy spice mix that ups the carb count?

ejw55: hmmm, I was going to wait till Planet of the Apes came out on video. Might have to rethink that.
It is definitely a theater movie...IMO
Old 07-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

start weight........Difference......Total loss tally
6/30........145.6
7/1..........144.6...............-1.0.................-1.0
7/2..........144.0...............-.6...................-1.6
7/3..........144.4...............+.4................ ..-1.2
7/4..........145.2...............+.8................ ..-.4 dam TOM
7/5..........145.2................0................. ...-.4
7/6 my post was deleted so I don't remember what it was
7/7..........145.2................0................. ...-.4 17049 steps
7/8..........145.3................+.1............... ..-.3 12420 steps
7/8..........145.2................-.1..................-.4 10221 steps
7/9..........145.4................+.2............... ..-.2
7/10........145.2................-.2..................-.4
7/11........144.0................-1.2................-1.6
7/12........145.0................+1................. .-.6
7/13........147.0................+2.0............... ..+1.4
7/14........145.6................-1.4..................0 16452 steps
7/15........145.6.................0................. ....0

for today
B- 3 deviled eggs
S-?
L-salmon, left over
D- Chicken, salad

“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ~Michael Pollan
Old 07-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

EJW - Thanks! I may add some of those into the grill mix next time. Certainly cheaper. Another one of those things I never bought because I wasn't sure what it was or what to do with it. I am a terrible creature of habit. Most probably how I got to be this big in the first place. Ha!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

What cut of steak would you all recommend for pan frying? I always seem to pick the wrong cut.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

You can pan fry any cut of steak...just use what ever is your favorite.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So irritated this morning. Scale bounced back Up this morning! Up 3 lbs. Why? No clue! I guess maybe not enough water? To much food to late in the day? Trying So hard and it gets disheartening. But i'm No quiter!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
Start Date: June 22 2014
princessmommy - this has happened to me as well..with no explanation and few days later it was gone plus a few more! After that I learned to just track and keep on moving.
Neener207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mountain
Stats: 205/183/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2014
Good morning everyone!

1 - 188.5
2 - 188.0
3 - 188.0
4 - 188.5
5 - 188.5
6 - 188.5
7 - 187.0
8 - 187.0
9 - 187.0
10 - 186.5
11 - 186.5
12 - 186.5
13 - 186.5
14 - 186.5
15 - 186.5
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

There must be a bunch of rubber on this tread...my weight keeps bouncing too....lets bounce it right out of here!!

I just noticed something..my rings were spinning around my finger this morning...now they are not...hmmm...just had pork rinds...may have to cut that out if it is making me retain water.

Last edited by ejw55; 07-15-2014 at 12:25 PM..